Thread: NEA 14" Remington 870 Barrel (problem)

Question NEA 14" Remington 870 Barrel (problem)

Hi guys.. we just received this new shorty barrel for a Remington Wingmaster.. and it fit well. At the range it was another story.. can't extract any shell.. tried 2 brands and it give the same result. There are a little bump on the shell side that seem to expand near the "barrel notch" and prevent extraction.

On the ammosource webpage, its clearly noted:

You may need to polish the chamber prior to using for smoother extraction. Minor fitting may also be required.

Having never done that before.. can you please give me some pointers, walkthrough, suggestions on how exactly i can accomplish that.. tools, technique, anything you judge worthy to know.. ?

Thank you very much for your help guys!

I am interested as well, I have the same setup and it does the same thing with Challenger Target loads, it looks like it bulges at the extractor. Mine has a polished chamber and will run high brass and Federal no problem. What is the fix ?

You tube is probably your best friend for chamber polishing. I can explain it here but it probably easier to watch a video. The bump is from how the extractor notch is cut. Some aluminum low brass ammo seems to bump.