Alberta shooting ranges

Troc

Regular
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey, just wondering where I could find a list of shooting ranges in Alberta, and maybe get some suggestions about which are good ones and which I should avoid and why. I live in the Edmonton area and I am a member of spruce grove gun club. I'm looking for alternatives to the west and south primarily but I'd take a bit more of a drive if it's worth it. The whole family enjoys getting out and plinking and as we get into it further I'd like to expose us all to as much as possible.

Last edited:
I dunno about a list of all of them, but in Edmonton there's Spruce Grove Gun Club(outdoor), Wild West Shooting Center(indoor), Pheonix Range & Gun Shop (indoor), Sherwood Park Gun Club(outdoor), and Canadian Historical Arms Society(outdoor, plus one day a week indoor at Phoenix on thursdays I think).

The ranges around here, and further out as well, have been instituting maximum member caps. I think Sherwood park has been capped out in March for the last few years.

I imagine there is a number of ranges in ALL of Alberta.at least paint a bit of a picture for us so we are not recomending ranges in ft. Mac if you are in calgary. It is understandable if you dont want to say your location, but that said, are you southern/northern/central/easter/western?

Here is a pretty good list if others are interested

Athabasca Gun Range

Bonnyville Shooting Sports Association

Brooks Pistol Club

Camrose Shooting Sports Association

Canadian Historical Arms Society

Canadian Shooting Sports Association

Edson Fish and Game Association

Fort McMurray Fish and Game Association

Hinton Fish and Game Association

Lac La Biche Gun Club

Lethbridge Fish & Game Association

Medicine Hat Rifle and Revolver Club

Nosehills Gun Club

Peace Country Fish & Game Association

Ponoka Fish & Game Association

Provost Fish & Game

Red Deer Fish and Game Association

Rocky Mountain House Shooting Sports

Sherwood Park Fish & Game Association

Shooting Federation of Canada

Spruce Grove Gun Club

Wapiti Shooters Club

late to the thread here but also Onoway Fish and Game ( ofga.ca) - pistol, trap, 50 and 100 yd rifle, archery ranges about 35 minutes West on highway 37 just before Onoway. Want to come and see the ranges head our June 1 from 10 - 3 at our National Range Day open house. Free, shooting demo's / trials, hot dog lunch. Note the club has more than just shooting ranges but has a Ladies League and youth programs.

Back
Top Bottom