Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Norinco M14 Shorty....Back in town!

These are about 1/2 gone.

Holding off to see the new wood ones

Quote Originally Posted by stac50bmg View Post
    Hi all

With Norinco, quality is a word in constant evolution. First they copy, second they adapt, third they have a very good product but that one will not be ship outside they keep it.

By the way, in there M14 copy, the main component is forged not cast. And this is top quality... Even in my springfield I did change the cast pieces for the forged one from Norinco...

Have a Nice Zombie Day
    Sorry to say, if you know your history....Norinco bought all the machines and tooling, and dies etc from the States in the 60's to make this M14, US sold it to start production of the M16 rifle take over in the military. This has been documented.

Your claims of COPY is unfounded, Yes, they do have quality standard issues, but their made off Old US technology machines from the Original Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    These are about 1/2 gone.
    Have these ones got a shortened gas nut so that a bayonet can be fitted?
    CSSA (OHA), CPC SSA (RSO), CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drifter dave's Avatar
    Weren't other dealers saying the price was going to almost double?
    No.
    They stated a 50% increase in price ($200).
    The "double" thing was from people with even worse math skills then myself.
    Then again, I just read a post where the person stated that "it rained the hole time". So average IQ around here is not so great..
    G96 smells awesome.
    Member, CSSA & CCFR.

Quote Originally Posted by drifter dave View Post
    No.
    They stated a 50% increase in price ($200).
    The "double" thing was from people with even worse math skills then myself.
    Then again, I just read a post where the person stated that "it rained the hole time". So average IQ around here is not so great..
    I had a good laff, once I red yer hole post. heh. (sorry I had to say it)

I mod everything of mine. Hell, my gf's sporting a wonderful pair of 36D's, thanks to my penchant for modifications!

Dirt McGirt Yo yall need ta holla at da store on yo celly not postin up in dis ma.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ace View Post
    Sorry to say, if you know your history....Norinco bought all the machines and tooling, and dies etc from the States in the 60's to make this M14, US sold it to start production of the M16 rifle take over in the military. This has been documented.

Your claims of COPY is unfounded, Yes, they do have quality standard issues, but their made off Old US technology machines from the Original Designs.
    I stand to be corrected, but my understanding is that the Americans supplied the tooling to Taiwan, not the People's Republic of China, so any Norinco production would have had to of been through reverse engineering (aka copying) captured M14 rifles, probably from the Vietnam conflict. It's been a while since I've read of this, so I haven't got the sources readily available, but I recall that there was a botched attempt to provide Norinco M14 clones to Communist Rebels in the Philippines at some point in the early 1970s. It would seem as though it was thought that the rebels would have had a better chance of scrounging 7.62 NATO ammunition from their encounters with the Philippine military.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Beadwindow View Post
    I stand to be corrected, but my understanding is that the Americans supplied the tooling to Taiwan, not the People's Republic of China, so any Norinco production would have had to of been through reverse engineering (aka copying) captured M14 rifles, probably from the Vietnam conflict. It's been a while since I've read of this, so I haven't got the sources readily available, but I recall that there was a botched attempt to provide Norinco M14 clones to Communist Rebels in the Philippines at some point in the early 1970s. It would seem as though it was thought that the rebels would have had a better chance of scrounging 7.62 NATO ammunition from their encounters with the Philippine military.
    That's my understanding also- Taiwan bought the rights to build a version of the M14, and mainland China reverse-engineered it, for whatever reason (arming revolutionaries, etc etc).

Try this link here- don't THINK it's got a retail component, so I think it's ok to hotlink:

http://www.m14.ca/books/M14_RHAD_Tex...ion_100815.pdf

Regarding pricing.... if I read Chemist's first post correctly, he isn't saying this is necessarily a 'new' batch....

Other dealers' forums (don't want to commit the faux pas of linking in Chemist's forum) say that Norinco has run out of forged receivers, and the large price increase will be linked to re-starting production for 'new' receivers.

I agree that a 50%price increase now seems to be the number usually used, but could have sworn I also saw 100%....

Bought one of these in April of last year, best 400$ ever spent on a firearm.
    CCFR Member - Rifles and Reels shooting club - Sudbury Ontario

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    When are the SOCOMS coming Ryan???
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast