Thread: looking to buy a new tactical style 22.

looking to buy a new tactical style 22.

I'm totally new to this site and was wondering where id be able to score a decent deal online for either the ruger SR22 or the mossberg 715t.

did u check on EE?
    Per Aspera Ad Astra

I've got the SR22 and can highly recommend it.
    A really fun gun to shoot and well made.
    Don't recall where I got it though...
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Wouldn't go mossberg, haven't heard good things about it, same with issc mk22. Ruger 10/22 with archangel 556 kit or nomad kit (hk g36) clone are also great choices. Remington 597 has promag archangel kits as well and supposed to be solid and reliable to boot.

I'm 1000 rounds into my issc mk22 with no issues. Have only cleaned it once too. But I have heard a lot of bad about them and I believe it. Maybe I'm just lucky

BANNED
    Prairie Gun Traders has the 715 for 249.99 right now I believe.They may have the SR in stock also, usually best prices around, I just picked up two firearms yesterday from them, and shipping is usually extremely fast.

It's like anything else, you get some good and some bad.You can have a low end item go forever or a high end firearm gives tons of grief.I won't say to get or not to get a particular .22 .

BANNED
    i'd stay away from the Mossberg 715,,,,had one,,,took it to the range once,,,sold it the day after at a loss,,,,that POS was going to drive me nuts,,JAMMOMATIC would be a better name for them,,,sure there lots of guys who will yell you to fix and fix that to get them to work,,,i think it SHOULD be able to function reliably from the factory...if you can find the Ruger,,,you'll do much better....even a nice 10/22 is a lot of fun...

Quote Originally Posted by supahdave View Post
    Ruger 10/22 with archangel 556 kit or nomad kit (hk g36) clone are also great choices.
    AGREED. easier to find and less money than an SR22.

If you like to mod you gun, I'd recommend a plain old 10/22. So many options for it. Like others have mentioned, the various kits, Nomad, Archangel. But also trigger kits, different barrels, receivers. Remington 597 does have some mods, but nowhere near the number of the 10/22. I myself am in the process of completing a 10/22 build.

I just saw a mossberg 715t with a bushnell banner scope for pretty cheap on ee. Theoldco-op has the ad.