Zigana C-45 manufacturer defect?

Crimson_Axe

I recently received my Boxing Day combo, with the "Satin Chrome" Tisas Zigana C-45 option. I haven't had time to have a good look at it until today but I noticed what looks like someone missed the mark with a punch just behind the rear sight.

ryan_iphone_021514%20079edit.jpg

ryan_iphone_021514%20072edit.jpg

I was just wondering if anyone else who has got one of these has a similar mark or if it's even worth contacting Marstar about? It almost looks like there is some metal pushed into the rear sight's seat on the outer edge of the punch; though I haven't attempted to remove the sight to see if its impeding the extraction of it or not.

I figure its probably pretty minor but thought I would see what you guys think.

Thanks.

Sight has been staked. Used to keep the sight from moving in the dovetail. Can't recall any of my other firearms have this feature.
However, the recess in the sight itself suggests this was a design this way.
L

contact Marstar and send it back.

If you don't like it today, it will bugger you for as long as you own the gun.

Well I certainly hope it doesn't "bugger" him... Jeez. Saw that once in a Jason Statham movie using a shotgun... Holy Crow!!!

Staked or locked. Annoying as it looks but this is how some metal is kept to avoid movement.

Sight has been staked. Used to keep the sight from moving in the dovetail. Can't recall any of my other firearms have this feature.
L

L

Yepp, it's a "feature".
Cheap design. Don't send it back, just because of that. Probably they are all like that. It still could be a good shooter.
Take it to the range, to see how it groups;)

It's obviously staked to hold the sight in. The fact that the recess in the sight lines up with it should have made this apparent to you. I'm always amazed how picky some people are about cosmetics with something that just sends projectiles into the distance. Shouldn't the way it functions be the part to be picky about?

If it is supposed to be there I'm okay with it. I did notice it lined up with the recess but wasn't sure whether something in the recess was supposed to be what they had attempted to punch. I wasn't aware of staking but once it was mentioned it made sense. Thanks Imar.

Thats pathetic. no workmanship quality at all. Slopy tolerances and staking are cheap repairs for worn out guns. I dont care how much this new gun is worth....new shouldnt be staked "out in the open like that." FAIL. !!!!!

It's obviously staked to hold the sight in. The fact that the recess in the sight lines up with it should have made this apparent to you. I'm always amazed how picky some people are about cosmetics with something that just sends projectiles into the distance. Shouldn't the way it functions be the part to be picky about?

to each his own

you obviously don't care, others however (myself included) would not accept lousy workmanship like this.

Think of it as a well staked sight like an AR-15 enjoys a set of well staked gas key screws. It was DESIGNED to be like that.

Boltgun

to each his own

you obviously don't care, others however (myself included) would not accept lousy workmanship like this.

If the gun shoots well and lasts a long time, your argument about lousy workmanship is pretty much invalid. Workmanship equals quality, quality equals function. Aesthetics are icing on the cake, not the cake itself. If the gun itself is a POS then you can complain about workmanship.

Maybe someone with a Zigana could comment? Norinco handguns have two lines matching the same way, to give you some reference point when you adjust your sights.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom