Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Liberals take away firearm from people BEWARE OF THEIR PLAN DO NOT VOTE

Anybody notice how most of the comments are pro gun? I can't believe they are trying this nazi ####. I hope people don't buy in...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    The Liberals trying to align themselves with the Olympics rather than be upstaged by them is something that I never thought of. Mainly because the TV screens in the bars that I frequent have the Olympic events on; when I go home I have to hunt for Evan Sullivan interviewing Chrystia Freeland (a Liberal star).

Funding for Own the Podium quote from their web page: "The Government of Canada is Own the Podium’s largest endorser, contributing $62 million in enhanced excellence funding each year through Sport Canada. $22 million of this enhanced funding is committed to winter sports, $34 million for the summer sports and $6M is targeted to team sports."

If they are lousy at any one thing the Conservatives are failures at marketing their overall vision and their initiatives along the way.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but this isn't an official Liberal policy (yet). Just a motion by their youth group. That said, they've tried to run on gun control in past elections, and haven't said otherwise for next time.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by scout_289 View Post
    I can't get over how silly it is for the Liberals to hold their convention simultaneously with the height of the Olympics??? I mean it has to be arrogant to think that people are going to tune in to one of the most important (for the LPC) events before the 2015 elections when Women's Hockey, curling, etc. are filling us with national pride and riveting our attention! And they think that they are tuned in to the public pulse enough to run our great country? Pretty naive I'd say.

My prediction is that the polls after their little soiree are going to be so moribund that the man-boy is going to plead family pressures and bow out.
    I was thinking the same thing, IMO couldn't have picked a worse time to hold a convention and think anyone but a lieberal looser would care about the convention.

Liberals take away firearm from people BEWARE OF THEIR PLAN DO NOT VOTE

Once private property rights are taken away (including the right to own firearms), our other civil rights will surely be stripped in time.......... for our own protection of course.

CGN Regular
    We need to talk people that aren't in either camp(sensible firearms owners vs antis) and will not be effected by an out come either way...or so they think.

We need to present facts and examples that current laws and possible tougher firearms laws have NO effect on the criminals and crime.

The argument that will help us the most is getting people to see how much money was wasted implementing and maintaining the LGR and currently how much is wasted having a staff issue useless ATT

What will be the cost to the courts clogged up by law abiding people arguing for proper compensation...remind them if the government can steal our guns 'legally' it helps set a precedent to steal from citizens.

Most non firearms owners have very little concept of how much money we have invested.Using the CSSA estimate of 9 million firearms,if 50% were turned in on a buy back not including the cost of paying the firearms owner the

cost of administering,tracking,destroying,documenting(sala ries,offices,warehouse,pick up & transport etc.) I'd be surprised if this could be done at a cost of less $1000/firearm so now we're looking at $4.5B(for 50% compliance)

Remind them what the estimated cost vs the true cost of the liberal last run at the registry was.Remind them they now have a dog in this fight...it will take money out of their pocket to create patronage jobs for liberals that do

nothing to deal with crime and violence.Remind them that even pony-boy believes it to be a failed policy but claims the liberals want to govern using evidence based policy(marijuana laws)...so which is it?

Eric

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ohferpete View Post
    You got that right!. I think some people should not be allowed to vote unless they actually do some research on who they are voting for.
    I agree, but there is already a very low voter turnout Can you imagine what it would be like if you actually had to know what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by muskog View Post
    Once private property rights are taken away (including the right to own firearms), our other civil rights will surely be stripped in time.......... for our own protection of course.
    Thats why its important to push this issue forward to all parties . If you give them a FU they will do what they want ....if they think you might vote for them ........well they might give you something .....remember you don't have to vote for them . Hey politicians are never truthful why should you be ?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by shortandlong View Post
    Thats why its important to push this issue forward to all parties . If you give them a FU they will do what they want ....if they think you might vote for them ........well they might give you something .....remember you don't have to vote for them . Hey politicians are never truthful why should you be ?
    This guy is 1000% right. Eventually, one of the other parties will get in. Quite possibly in the next election. Liberals, NDP, and even Greens have voiced opposition to public firearms ownership, particularly hand guns, semi auto fire arms, and military styled firearms. If they start recieving letters that basically say "while i support most of your policies and would otherwise give you my vote, your ill concieved position on public firearms policy, leaves me with no choice but to give my vote to the Conservative party", then they'll start to fear losing votes for what is a useless piece of legislation. Were better off as firearms enthusiasts to make all parties think bans on civillian firearms ownership = less votes.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Grummpy's Avatar
    If you like your guns, then you know who not to vote for.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast