Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want a Lee Enfield no.4 mk1 Longbranch

I want a Lee Enfield no.4 mk1 Longbranch

I've been wanting to purchase a Lee Enfield no.4 mk1 with its original stock since before I received my PAL. I've been looking at some local stores and asking around but no luck. I guess these rifles are hard to come by now? Any suggestions?

PK

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    It's not that these rifles are hard to come by its more that people tend to snap them up when they come available and they have already been sold on the private market. Most people don't like selling them to stores at a reduced cost as for example if the rifle is worth 600$ the store will offer maybe 300$ as they want to make a profit as well.

My advice to you is wait and look around. They come up semi-regularly on the Equipment Exchange here so I would apply to that if you want to try that route. Also if there is a gun fair you might find one there as well.
    I waited 6 months once for a specific rifle that I wanted, I had even bought the ammo before the gun. You can even put up a WTB (Want to buy) ad on the EE (equipment exchange) and maybe someone will have one they were looking to sell.

Best of luck in finding one.

They come up fairly regularly here on the Equipment Exchange. Depending on price and condition they'll disappear fast too. If you're looking for all original and matching numbers then you'll be waiting longer and paying more. I picked one up just recently from here but it was a project unit but it was unissued new wood, matching year and factory but not number parts.

Just keep watching the EE Milsurps section.

Quote Originally Posted by pk1016 View Post
    I've been wanting to purchase a Lee Enfield no.4 mk1 with its original stock since before I received my PAL. I've been looking at some local stores and asking around but no luck. I guess these rifles are hard to come by now? Any suggestions?

PK
    If you find two send the second one my way...lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    I may or may not have seen one on the used rack at P&D Enterprises last saturday. Might be worth asking them about.
    In all likelihood it didn't have original wood, but one step at a time.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

I have a nice one that I'm going to sell sometime this summer, a 1949 Long Branch with unusual 6 groove rifling. Trouble is I got lots of ammo I got to shoot off first. I got a custom Lee six banger that casts a perfect boolit for it and I load cases without body sizing. Result is a super abundance of cheap ammo that's tons of fun to shoot. It's nicely accurate too except that when the barrel gets hot point of impact goes a bit high and to the right,
    "Let all the poisons that lurk in the mud hatch out." Claudius

BANNED
    Best to ask on the Milsurp forum. However, you may have to find a bubba'd rifle with proven good headspace and spend the money on restoring it. And an LB No. 4 Mk I will cost a fortune. Few made that weren't Mk I *'s.

Seems to be that butchered, mis-matched, "sporterized" abortions are readily available..

All original un F'd with samples are getting rarer and more difficult to find... I had a nice '43 LB all matching orig. mil. config., but in a moment of weakness I sold it... 'Sellers remorse set in about two minutes later.
    'Been on the lookout ever since for another, but... No luck.
    Bernie Rhodes knows. Don't Argue

Quote Originally Posted by 667 View Post
    Seems to be that butchered, mis-matched, "sporterized" abortions are readily available..

All original un F'd with samples are getting rarer and more difficult to find... I had a nice '43 LB all matching orig. mil. config., but in a moment of weakness I sold it... 'Sellers remorse set in about two minutes later.
    'Been on the lookout ever since for another, but... No luck.

I have one Enfield LongBranch No4 MKi 303british for sale, if you are interested, please let me know. thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LawrenceN's Avatar
    Check out your local gun shows. There's one in Jerseyville and one in Woodstock so look at the dates and between that and the EE, you may get lucky. I have 2; an unmolested '50 and a nice '43 that's my shooter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast