Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Swiss Arms - Class action lawsuit

signer # 3227

Quote Originally Posted by id64 View Post
    I got a reply from my MPs office:

Dear Igor,

Thank you for your email. Please be assured your communication will be shared with Mr. Flaherty.
    No response from my MP... so letters in the mail it is. Blaney, Harper and Duncan... done, done and done.

They say one letter is worth 500 emails... we need to band together. Letters can be sent postage free to any member of parliament.

Type it... print it... sign it... send it. Easy as that.
    Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN!!!
    ------------------------------

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Write those Handwritten Letter NOW and keep on that campaign, The petition is good but the Handwritten letters are Needed !!!

Will write a letter shortly and hand deliver it

I am writing you today to bring up a very urgent matter, and I need your help. I wrote to you a while back on voting
    out the firearm registration and you succeeded in that accomplishment. What a wonderful time that was!! However,
    the celebration was short lived, when Quebec opted to keep it, now even worse it has since been proven that the
    registry is still being used by the RCMP as you already know, in the High River Incident in Alberta, where they
    targeted Law Abiding Taxpayers homes and stole their property. But that is not all, now the RCMP are
    re-classifying firearms that where previously classified by the RCMP as non restricted and making some of them
    prohibited. The latest in this is the Swiss Arms rifle. These firearms cost anywhere from $3,000.00 to $10,000.00
    depending on model. The RCMP are demanding Law Abiding Citizens to turn them in WITHOUT
    COMPENSATION. This is not only unfair I think it is Communist as the RCMP where the ones that classified these
    firearms to begin with and that is why a lot of people purchased them as they where non restricted and met all the
    safety requirements of a quality firearm. I also believe this is just the start, as their website list of restricted and
    prohibited firearms is being revised and I fear there is more confiscation to come, all at the expense of the taxpayers.
    Mr. Harper, I remember when the gun registry first started with the Liberals. the RCMP made numerous statements
    of how they could not be bothered with enforcing gun registration as they did not have the manpower nor the desire
    to implement something against Law Abiding Citizens. Then a change came when they started receiving extra
    funding for the management of firearms and registry. Then The Police Chief started to proclaim how wonderful the
    registry was and how it is saving lives! We all know that this is not the case, as we do not have a “gun problem” in
    Canada. Drug problem/gang problem mabey, but never has there ever been a Tax paying Citizen of Canada gun
    problem. In conclusion Mr. Harper I would ask the Federal Government to demand accountability from the RCMP
    and to regain control of them as they seem to be targeting the law abiding citizens of Canada. We need your help and
    the whole Conservative Governments help to come to our defence. We cannot do it by ourselves as we are very busy
    with working, raising our families and paying our taxes. Please DESTROY THE REGISTRY, CUT FIREARM
    FUNDING TO THE RCMP AND LOOK INTO HOW WE CAN GET COMPENSATION FOR FIREARMS THAT
    THE RCMP ARE STEALING FROM US. If the Conservative Government does not come to our aid, who will??

is this OK ? need opinions, thanks. Also look at my avatar THAT IS NEXT!!!

Signed

Petion signed.

Email sent to my local MP. See if there will be any response.

Dear Mr. Woodworth,

Let me introduce myself first. I live in your constituency in Kitchener, Ontario.

I am a hard working taxpayer who enjoys the fruits of his labor in many ways. One of them is recreational pistol and rifle shooting. I am a legal, responsible firearm owner.

In past few days an event came to my attention that has me deeply concerned. A recent reclassification of certain firearm, Swiss Arms Rifle, by the RCMP and signed of by Minister Blaney. Basically once legal firearm is now considered a prohibited and illegal.

You might be already aware of this issue and if not there is an article in the National Post in February 27, 2014 Comment section.

What troubles me about the situation is the whole process, where the RCMP did approve the firearm for sale in Canada, then changing their mind after at least a decade of these firearms being sold and now demanding the legal owners to surrender theirs without any compensation or face possible criminal charges.

Even though I do not own one of these firearms this whole situation deeply concerns me because I could be next. Some government clerk, with a stroke of a pen, can decide that I need to surrender my legally obtained, paid for property at financial loss to me. I do find that unacceptable.

The Progressive Conservative party has enjoyed support from people like me in the past, who have seen the Conservative Party as representing our values.

Your government has kept its promise and scrapped the long gun registry which is commendable. Unfortunately this event can be seen as an attack on law abiding gun owners, this time by the government officials that we have elected into the office.

I would appreciate if you were able to voice this issue with appropriate cabinet ministers on my behalf.

CGN frequent flyer
    Petition signed. Letters written. I am also going to see about donating some funds to Ed Burlew for this lawsuit and to the CSSA.

E-mailed my Conservative MP in Calgary SE: Mr. Jason Kenney.

Petition is over 4000 now ...keep it going guys...Going to email my pm next .
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of #### by the clean end.