CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 414161718192021222324
Results 231 to 240 of 240

Thread: Swiss Arms - Class action lawsuit

  1. #231
    CGN Regular paul1shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    alberta
    Posts
    242
    Whole heartedly agree I think iti s purposterous that i have to lock up my guns ,in my locked house , behind my locked bedroom door, behind my locked closet door,behind my locked gun case behind my triggerl ocked guns ,separate from my locked ammunition. that is a load of poop. I want to be able to conceal carry open carry, i want to be able to carry my ar on my back into walmart if i so choose. i am not a criminal. and Anyone who opposes my doing so YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM and you should not be on this site . Guns or carring them openly is not a problem i see it all the time in the usa actually i see belligerent drunk idiots walking with the guns...never once am i in fear. becasue i know they know the ramifications of pulling that firearm when there life is not in danger. I should not have to have a permit to take my gun in the most direct route to a shooting range , period, i should be able to take my ar or my pistol to crown land and have a safe fun afternoon with my friends being mindfull of the brass and garbage. cleaning up after ourselves ect ect it's all part of gun ownership. And i should not be limited to wich gun i can own based on barrel length or the rounds it can hold. This is all liberal garbage and propaganda and if you disagree with my sentiment then you are part of the problem. silencers save hearing, they are not tactical nor are the quiet they are quieter but trust me you know when it's being shot through . Anyway. That's my opinion. I'm tired of having to prove i am not a criminal. While criminals have to prove nothing.

  2. #232
    CGN Regular Shawn_Bevins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    340
    Class action lawsuit is a green light to the seizures of these firearms and consequently a green light to future ones. We need to change the firearms act, and we need to stand up and fight for for it,end of story
    Just another gunnie.

  3. #233
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    217
    I agree with you Shawn whole heartedly, I need to ask because I need learn how to stand up and fight for it, show me the way Brother.

    Regards

  4. #234
    CGN Regular paul1shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    alberta
    Posts
    242
    Repeal every thing , then stiffen the jail time for gun crime. ie shooting inncocent unarmed people. gang shootings,ect ect.

  5. #235
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Langley, BC
    Posts
    5,623
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYLNZ View Post
    We have to realize the political climate we are in, and fight smartly. The majority of Canadians are not likely to see things our way yet. The Conservatives are not polling well, and it is far too close to an election for any sane party to suddenly roll out anything as polarizing as the scrapping of C68. Remember the Long Gun Registry - the Conservatives tried to scrap it for years, with years of preparation, and when they finally got a majority government it still took them a year to get rid of it, I think a year and a half if you include Quebec. When the Firearms Advisory Committee, put out their recommendations, Harper agreed with then Liberal Leader Bob Rae, and said the Committee needed to rethink its position. Several months later, three civilian members were kicked off the committee, replaced by two police chiefs and a police association president. As I said, the conservatives are not doing so well these days. They need to worry about holding on to power, and getting seats in Ontario and Quebec next election.

    I'm not trying to be discouraging. I'm not trying to say you shouldn't let your MP and the PMO's office know that your vote and support are contingent on a scrapping or complete rewrite of the firearms act - you should! What I'm saying is, we should fight this tooth and claw with everything we have at our disposal, and that includes the small initiatives. Maybe we can get the Conservatives to promise to scrap bill C68 before the next election. But we shouldn't put all our fight into one long shot, especially when some MPs are already trying to get us some smaller, but more plausible change. We've done well in some regards, exploiting the flaws in the firearms act to our advantage. If we can get the RCMP out of the firearms classification business, get name of firearm and barrel lengths dropped as a criteria for classification, we can achieve huge gains working within this flawed legislation, which for the time being is much more achievable than trying to get it scrapped or completely overhauled.

    Fight for a both rewrite of the firearms act AND for the smaller gains in the meantime, not one or the other.
    If you want just a re-write of the firearms act, don't bother writing your MP, you're not helping.

    We can completely eliminate the Firearms Act, but we all have to ask for the same thing. Stop being defeatists, we can do this, together.

  6. #236
    Member ohferpete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    B.C.
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by paul1shooter View Post
    Whole heartedly agree I think iti s purposterous that i have to lock up my guns ,in my locked house , behind my locked bedroom door, behind my locked closet door,behind my locked gun case behind my triggerl ocked guns ,separate from my locked ammunition. that is a load of poop. I want to be able to conceal carry open carry, i want to be able to carry my ar on my back into walmart if i so choose. i am not a criminal. and Anyone who opposes my doing so YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM and you should not be on this site . Guns or carring them openly is not a problem i see it all the time in the usa actually i see belligerent drunk idiots walking with the guns...never once am i in fear. becasue i know they know the ramifications of pulling that firearm when there life is not in danger. I should not have to have a permit to take my gun in the most direct route to a shooting range , period, i should be able to take my ar or my pistol to crown land and have a safe fun afternoon with my friends being mindfull of the brass and garbage. cleaning up after ourselves ect ect it's all part of gun ownership. And i should not be limited to wich gun i can own based on barrel length or the rounds it can hold. This is all liberal garbage and propaganda and if you disagree with my sentiment then you are part of the problem. silencers save hearing, they are not tactical nor are the quiet they are quieter but trust me you know when it's being shot through . Anyway. That's my opinion. I'm tired of having to prove i am not a criminal. While criminals have to prove nothing.
    You are incredibly correct in everything you said. And you most definitely, are not alone.

  7. #237
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    217
    So what we need is some direction from NFA CSSA, we need to change the rule for which the RCMP Smith's are determining what is good and bad, if the law said pink grips are illegal the Smiths working for the RCMP would prohibit them.

    Pointing out the obvious here

  8. #238
    CGN frequent flyer id64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    1,794
    These are exactly my thoughts. We need directions from them! They should be more proactive in this situation and not just accepting our donations.

    Quote Originally Posted by GTA Dragon View Post
    So what we need is some direction from NFA CSSA, we need to change the rule for which the RCMP Smith's are determining what is good and bad, if the law said pink grips are illegal the Smiths working for the RCMP would prohibit them.

    Pointing out the obvious here
    Otium reficit vires

  9. #239
    GunNutz stratosonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    3,486
    Signed. #11,377
    Member: WEXIT, CPC, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, AFGA and DU.

  10. #240
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyCuda View Post
    If you want just a re-write of the firearms act, don't bother writing your MP, you're not helping.

    We can completely eliminate the Firearms Act, but we all have to ask for the same thing. Stop being defeatists, we can do this, together.
    I'm not a defeatist, I'm a realist. The surest way to defeat is to put everything into one risky endeavour.

    The various petitions stand a much higher chance of passing before the next election. The repeal of C68 BEFORE THE NEXT ELECTION, however, is a huge longshot. The election could easily go to the Liberals or NDP, and both of those parties would support each other for a majority when it comes to gun-grab laws. In the meantime, while we work on getting C68 repealed, we'd be foolish not to support an MP trying to improve the laws surrounding firearms classification.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •