Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal gun grab?

How can you tell when a politician is lying? Their lips are moving.

Now being reported all post '07 858s are prohibited.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Just received:
    Friend,

Conservatives have always stood up for law-abiding gun owners.

That’s why I was troubled to learn of a decision made by unelected bureaucrats to prohibit a number of rifles imported from Switzerland.

I want to assure you that I will not let law-abiding gun owners suffer as a result of this situation.

These now “prohibited” firearms had been classified as non-restricted for more than a decade. The RCMP has no idea how many of these rifles exist, and they have not announced any plan on how to deal with those who purchased these firearms lawfully.

I want to assure you all options are on the table to fix this situation. I will also be taking steps to make sure this never happens again.

The actions of these bureaucrats are absolutely unacceptable and I will be announcing concrete measures in the coming days.

Our Conservative Government is on your side — and we will always stand up for the rights of law-abiding firearms owners.

Thank you once again for your years of loyal support.

Sincerely,

Steven Blaney
    MP, Levis-Bellechasse
    Whatever

Just seen the whole Swiss Arms situation on CBC's Power and Politics. This has hit the mainstream Canadian media, and they didn't even vilify gun owners/guns. Claimed the RCMP is banning legally bought firearms outright and that the RCMP would not respond to their questions.
    Also It was brought up today in Question period, I am not sure who the politician was though.

So your work is not in vain, keep at it!

So the cz858 now?:

John? Any comment on the 858?

How can you tell if your 858 is post '07?

D bags!

BANNED
    i think we stop buying guns until the shops spend some money on lawyers to straighten out the rcmp, its all about money. money buys politicians. Im going to boycott all gun stores and not renewing memership at my range. Let all the gun clubs close i could care less ill go to crown land. and ill buy ammo from crappy tire. If the people we buy our guns from cant protect us why should we support them? they are lazy and they dont stand up to the rcmp, it doesnt take millions of dollars to go to supreme court. i might not be the guy that spends thousands of dollars a month but i definately spend thousands of dollars a year and rule #1 in business is TAKE CARE OF THE LITTLE PEOPLE, they are the bread and butter.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kennymo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hek76 View Post
    i think we stop buying guns until the shops spend some money on lawyers to straighten out the rcmp, its all about money. money buys politicians. Im going to boycott all gun stores and not renewing memership at my range. Let all the gun clubs close i could care less ill go to crown land. and ill buy ammo from crappy tire. If the people we buy our guns from cant protect us why should we support them? they are lazy and they dont stand up to the rcmp, it doesnt take millions of dollars to go to supreme court. i might not be the guy that spends thousands of dollars a month but i definately spend thousands of dollars a year and rule #1 in business is TAKE CARE OF THE LITTLE PEOPLE, they are the bread and butter.
    So, we do our best to put the guys who've been fighting tooth and nail to bring this stuff into the country for us out of business? Not a good plan. Direct your anger and efforts towards the RCMP brass (not the rank and file, many of whom are pretty good guys) and C 68. Right now, with the Conservatives claiming to be on our side is as good a time as we're ever going to get to have one of the most heinous set of laws this country has ever seen eliminated or rewritten. Push for that.

Quote Originally Posted by hek76 View Post
    Geez man take a deep breath and think about that. Isn't that exactly the opposite thing to do.

BANNED
    http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...uses-c-68.html
    might as well keep this floating around, any support is better than nothing, and the more places we can raise our voices the better.