Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Federal gun grab?

"If all the firearms owners, enthusiasts and businesses join together we can get #### done. We just have to all stand up. They can't ignore all of us."

the scary part is they can, and the tactical firearms community is but a fraction of the gun community on the whole, I doubt the fudd-gunners care if the Swiss/CZ/AR etc. goes the way of the dinosaur

if all gun owners could get stood up, yes we would be a voice, and one not to be ignored. However history has proven to us time and again that we lack in the unification department... That is citizenship wide, not just firearms owners... just look at the polling percentages of last election...

Well, the elite try to take our guns away, its happening not just in Canada, look at what the US Govt is doing their best to confiscate firearms, what the global elite trying to do is to create a world where the mass must obey to the few. They will success if so-called free western country like Canada or the US forbid citizen to have firearms. Honestly, i dont wanna use a hunting rifle to fight for my freedom, i rather have something else. GOVT will like as much power as possible, banning certain firearms will give them more power indeed. IF EVERY CANADIAN CAN REALIZE OWNING A FIREARMS ISN'T JUST FOR HUNTING OR SELF-DEFENSE(stupid law doesnt even allow using firearms for self-defense..) ITS BIGGEST PURPOSE IS TO OVER-THROW GOVERNMENT IF THEY FORGET THEIR ROLE WHICH IS THE SERVE THE PEOPLE. then all of us should against any types of confiscation. I REPEAT, I DO NOT WANT TO USE A SINGLE-SHOT HUNTING RIFLE IN THE EVENTS LIKE THAT, PERIOD!!

I really believe the law is to serve the rich rather than protect the poor

Quote Originally Posted by ALMO1 View Post
    I sent this letter to my MP and Stephen Harper. I composed it with some of your quotes and ideas, so feel free to use.

Dear MP,

This morning a news alert at 10 AM February 27th came across my desk. There is confirmation that all the Swiss Arms rifles, both non-restricted and restricted have been re-classified as Prohibited by the RCMP. The FRTs have all been changed this morning.

If anything, the CPC should pay very close attention to this. This can be a very negative thing for us. If this is all true, and now all non-restricted Swiss Arms rifles are now prohibited, there will be over a thousand prohibited “baby killing machines” out there. And without the Long Gun Registry, there is no way to find them. The CPC will have egg on their face for eliminating the LGR and taking away "valuable tools" police have been crying about to keep prohibited firearms out of public hands. When the press gets a hold of this, headlines will read:

"Conservatives allow a thousand assault rifles to disappear"

The predominantly liberal media will have a field day with this. The Conservatives who always claim to be "tough on crime" will look like a bunch of hypocrites.

The thought of Liberals like Justin running our country is very scary. What is even scarier is the way the CPC has become a Trojan Horse for Liberal values when it comes to gun control. It’s about time the party stood up for democracy and citizens’ rights. If this is something you are no longer capable of, due to your Liberal beliefs, then there is little value in voting for or donating to your party.

Let’s all just vote for Justin, and send our guns in now, as it will save us all a lot of time.

My future donations earmarked for the Conservative Party of Canada will now being re-routed to a Class Action Lawsuit for Swiss Arms Reclassification Loss and a Reclassification Challenge, or to the National Firearms Association and important court battles that endeavor to protect the rights of Canadian Citizens.

The RCMP does not run this country, WE do, as in Canadian Citizens, through our ELECTED officials. At least that’s how it’s done in non-police states.

I will re-route my donations to CPC after I hear some very strong language from our leadership claiming the RCMP’s actions will be investigated todays actions and for High River gun grab.
    You gotta realize that our PM is to serve the rich and elite, not us right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Guns View Post
    Too many egos involved. The only reason we can't have one big org is because egos make people want to be the face of things and be in charge, and do it their way. This is what makes Canadians different than Americans. Americans do something for the good of everyone, however Canadians want everyone to know they are the person responsible for doing something, and nothing ever gets done.

I support our orgs, but I support a one big org that gets things done much more.
    divide and conquer

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    The political implications are horrendous! As gun owners we have no friends in political circles, we not organised effectively enough to have a huge effect on any election but that could change! If the backlash of this is a loss of votes for the conservatives I really fear for our future.
    1 in how many of canadian owns firearms compare to our neighbour? if US govt is pushing gun bill and if the elites are succeeding, then North-america will become one single fascist state. AM i worry too much or it will come true in the near future?

Quote Originally Posted by volkov956 View Post
    The events the RCMP has done is causing me to go down to Alberta and discuss these new problems and the more that are coming....also will do an ammo run while there might as well reserve is running low
    dont think running away is the best tactic here....

Quote Originally Posted by Moparman1303 View Post
    I contacted my MP, a liberal sadly but i voiced my opinion. Also emailed CSSA and asked what they're going to do! Emailed Gallant below is what i wrote.

Dear Cheryl Gallant, I am a legal gun owner who has supported you in the past but what your government is doing to legal gun owners is disgusting. The attack on legal gun owners has to stop. Those Swiss arm rifles have been legal for last 13 years and the owners who dished out over 3 grand to own one, is not the issue.

Why keep attacking us? Are we the ones doing drive by and armed robberies? Are we scaring you because we have rifles? So why is the government hell bend of prohibition of firearms and reclassification of private property and to make it worse no money for our property!

As a law abiding gun owner and federal law enforcement officer, I'm out raged by this. This current attempt doesn't stop illegal guns coming over border or anything. This is a blatant attack on our firearm rights. I will not be voting for the conservative party if this is how we are viewed. I ask you to reverse this and take power away from RCMP.

This happened before in history and it was the German government under Hitler who did same thing. Embrace firearm rights and allow us to have self defense rights. Go after illegal guns and make punishment harsh for illegal guns or used in commission of robbery.

I hope to see change from this party as I know the views of what liberals and NDP will do to me. Again stop making legal gun owners criminal over night for nothing.

Sincerely,

Keep up the pressure, i wish NRA was in Canada!

this is call ''new world order''

Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    I'm no expert on this, but it seems that we have not accomplished enough. (Although victories like abolishing the non-res registry is one that comes to mind.)
    Nevertheless, I don't think importation of the NRA is the answer. However, I agree that Canadian org's could learn a thing or two from them. They should certainly be consulted.

BTW, the NRA's lobbying activities are inexorably linked to the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution. There is no such legal/constitutional framework here in Canada. (And please, I have no interest in debating the extremely tenuous, and already dead, BNAct argument.)
    2nd Amendment is what keeps a country free from the 1%

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    What happened to this gun owner friendly government we elected?
    there is big difference between elect and select.