Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 212141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Federal gun grab?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    It is really very simply. The Lab examines a firearm and applies existing criteria to it, for example: Caliber, action, barrel length, overall length, parentage etc. This then determines the class, conduct a re-examination and change one of your findings could result in a change of classification. The lab passes an "expert" opinion they don't change the law.
    i bet ar and handgun are after, then all we left is 5rd hunting bolt action rifle, then probably no guns at all. you see they want to ban all the semi-auto first cuz semi-auto poses real problem to the 1% so they wanna slowly take away our ability to fight back, in the end, what can we really do with a hunting rifle tactically speaking, nothing. i think we all understand the result if you bring a hunting rifle to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cork View Post
    Placing tin foil hat firmly on my head.

Sometimes I think the push to get the firearms out of peoples hands is because those in power fear civil unrest like what is going on in the Ukraine right now.
    Obviously there will be many here that say this is Canada and is impossible. Globally there is a wind of change blowing and attitudes are shifting. Western governments are exerting their powers creating soft oppression. Not obviously, but with a pin prick there and a pin prick here. Little by little they add more tax, a new law or prohib another firearm. The effects of this are that the softly oppressed slowly get angry like a kettle boiling but they don't know why. You can witness the pot boiling in acts such as road rage, hockey parent fights and by reading forums such as this one. I guess the point of my rant is no more pin pricks we as firearm owners have been pricked on enough.
    +1

its 1% vs 99%, always have always will

Quote Originally Posted by metalslug View Post
    I understand why they would prohibit short barreled weapons for concealing reasons, but automatics? Let me get this straight - "That's too many bullets, too fast. You could do a lot of damage with that if you decide to blow a circuit one day and go postal." One guy with a 30-round mag on full auto has the potential to go nuts = dangerous, but 5 or 6 guys with legal semi-auto's and the potential to go nuts = ok? I'm sure you can argue that for the latter to happen, you would need 5 or 6 people with the same nutjob intentions as opposed to one. Still the logic doesn't sit with me.

Also, who's to say someone couldn't buy a deactivated auto and make it fully operational again? It's just steel. Given access to the right machines, tools, and technical knowledge, any firearm can be made operational again.
    its not about crime control, but freedom control, tho lot of people like to exchange freedom for safety, watch the movie robocop recently?

Quote Originally Posted by mikethebike View Post
    Why can't we have one charismatic person lead a fight for firearms rights?
    i guess if you really want to fight, you need to bring a gun to a gun fight, but of course the government doesnt want that.

Quote Originally Posted by mikethebike View Post
    Why can't we have one charismatic person lead a fight for firearms rights?
    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so" Thomas Jefferson +++1

Quote Originally Posted by stvjeep View Post
    Mr. Wolverine you couldnt have said it any better! We need to unite as one voice and fight back against the beurocrats and their obvious agenda to disarm law abiding citizens! The Swiss Arms reclassification has truly exposed the real agenda. Time to fight back and make our voices loud and clear. Enough is enough!
    we're missing the big picture here, it aint about banning one gun, its about disarm the people.
    Last edited by bride85; 02-28-2014 at 11:36 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bride85 View Post
    i bet ar and handgun are after, then all we left is 5rd hunting bolt action rifle, then probably no guns at all. you see they want to ban all the semi-auto first cuz semi-auto poses real problem to the 1% so they wanna slowly take away our ability to fight back, in the end, what can we really do with a hunting rifle tactically speaking, nothing. i think we all understand the result if you bring a hunting rifle to a gun fight.
    Do it right, they'll never know you were there in the first place. I'll always have my precision bolt action, combat accurate well past 1200m. Right now its the mentally insane going nuts with a firearm every now and again. If they keep up this foolishness with reclassing firearms, see what lengths some will go to about something they are passionate about....

It is pretty clear that if the NDP and the Liberals join up for the election ( which has been suggested by the mass media) we could see a worsening of the our rights in the very near future.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianReich View Post
    You see, this confuses me too.

First, I agree that it is about control. What you are saying is it is about control, gun control = control, period.

But, an entirely new twist on things, something i do not feel i have ever mentioned, is that KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.

If a government wants ton truly control their people they need merely do 3 things

1) weaken the education system so it is ineffective or only teaches non critical thought
    2) censor and control the INTERNET
    3) censor and control the MAINSTREAM MEDIA

they do not need gun control at all........ utterly stupid brainwashed people with guns would be their pawns plain and simple.

That being said if they do NOT control knowledge people have the ability to LEARN how to make improvised explosive devices such as pipe bombs or rudimentary directed explosives akin to claymores........ an enclosed concrete basement with a few litters of propane is enough to collapse a multi story building. Chemical weapons- almost child's play- hard to not make by mistake when cleaning your home or doing laundry.......don't mix X with Y or you have yourself some heavier than air WW1 trench gases. Biological weapons- first year university students are taught about the basics of drug resistance, dna and rna mutations being passed from bacteria to bacteria through transposons etc, how to grow bacterial cultures in nutrient agar with sheeps blood and to test the effectiveness of anti biotics on said bacteria. It would be nothing to teach a common bacteria to become resistant to any known anti biotic on purpose- heck most of us do this any time we dont finish our medications and permit X pathogen to survive long enough to adapt and then breed. Common pathogens from 100 years ago, treatable by modern antibiotics, could be made into super bugs (not that they are not already) and spread on purpose using human vectors killing untold numbers (rather than trying to not spread a germ,fathom if you will purposly trying to- airports etc)...... again- IF a person had the desire and basic microbiology training. Guns, by contrast, are exceptionally easy to MAKE...... but thing is I can not fathom an intelligent person ever wanting to use a gun for offensive violent reasons unless they were suicidal and wanted to be famous (media).... smart people could do many bad things in many more effective ways with the chance of not being caught at all. Federal building bombings, homemade nerve (Sarin) gas attacks by the doom's day cult........ and so forth.

In SHORT I think knowledge is power, it could be used as a weapon by a person if that was their intent. You can not ban knowledge in a FREE society, you can only ban things......... things that smart people can produce, purchase on the black market, or bypass with something far more insidious (explosives, chemical, biological weapons). In the end it always comes down to violence, the intent of violent people....... not "things".
    Our government successfully done all 3, at least 1 and 3, internet poses a big threat to them, taken away the gun is like a bonus insurance or they afraid the sheep will woke up one day. by taken away the gun the sheep will still be sheep......

Sign the petition boys
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of #### by the clean end.