Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3131516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Federal gun grab?

Bride85... calm down... Let someone else talk. Have a cigarette and take a break.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I see some folks on here and other threads just asking/checking to see if their particular rifle is banned/prohib yet! Understand that this is just the beginning of the onslaught you can't think "phew, mines not involved" think, yours is next, because it is!!!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by Skip4Play View Post
    Personally i am to scarred of the government to send them a letter like this, and end up on some sort of terrorist watch list... because only criminals need guns right?
    government need guns too.....they are taught only people don't need guns.......school taught our kids that guns are dangerous.......brainwashed our kids.........evil...........

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    Who says I don't fear the government. There are lots of things in this life that scare me, but that hasn't meant I turn tail and head the other direction. I have no delusions as what they can do and what they want to do, but I'll be damned if I roll over and play dead. Never have never will, and if I happen to be one of the ones who take a hit, so be it. If people don't take chances and take stands nothing changes. Take a good look at what is going on in the Ukraine right now, I'm pretty sure a lot of those folks are scared but they are taking a stand on what they think is right.

At the end of the day I still have to answer to the person I see when I look in the mirror.
    Both the 1% and the 99% are scared, who wins depands on who can conquer the fear and do something about it. so far the 1% done pretty well fighting the fear with endless money-printing and power-grabbing. On the other hand, the 99% hasnt done so much besides just scare....

Quote Originally Posted by GunfighterAlpha View Post
    Do it right, they'll never know you were there in the first place. I'll always have my precision bolt action, combat accurate well past 1200m. Right now its the mentally insane going nuts with a firearm every now and again. If they keep up this foolishness with reclassing firearms, see what lengths some will go to about something they are passionate about....
    if swat come to your house, will you run 1200m away to fire a shot?

CGN Regular
    they have to come take my ars and pistols in the first place,after sending me a notice in the mail informing me of entry, of course at which time I will have had a break in, reported of course informing them all of my "scary guns" have been stolen, which means its time to run for the hills.

Write letters, emails, and phone

Mr. Blaney,

I am one of many canadians who are very concerned with the recent developments regarding the Swiss Arms, and Cz 858 rifles, being reclassified as prohibited firearms by the RCMP.

These firearms were previously approved as early as twelve years ago and many of them were originally designated non-restricted. To my knowledge a swiss arm rifle has never been used in a crime, and a Cz 858 has been used in only one. A large number of these firearms are currently in the hands of law abiding canadian citizens. There are estimated to be about one thousand eight hundred Swiss Arms, and and nearly ten thousand Cz 858 rifles legally owned by the public, the net value of these firearms is estimated to be over $13 million. The RCMP asks that these firearms be turned over without compensation.

The RCMP has effectively criminalized thousands of law abiding citizens with a reclassification that they should not have the authority to make. The majority of these firearms were non restricted, and because the gov't does not have a record of who owns these firearms many canadians will be ignorant of their criminal status and could be penalized with heavy fees or jail time.

The RCMP is the organization that approved these rifles originally, if they really should have prohibited these firearms from the beginning what does this say about their ability to classify firearms? They have proven themselves to be incompetent and unfit to classify firearms.

It simply does not make sense to have the same group that would prefer citizens to be disarmed classifying weapons. I suggest amending bill C-68 to prevent the RCMP from reclassifying firearms at will. The power of classification should remain solely with elected officials and instead of utilizing a RCMP lab, a private non political group should be commissioned.

The RCMP has proven to be an anti gun organization that is out of control, their actions in High River and this recent debacle are evident of this. Please reign in the RCMP, last I checked elected officials ran this country, not the national police force.

Frankly, this is an outrage, firearm enthusiasts are tired of being treated like criminals. We voted for the conservatives in the last election, please encourage us to vote for you in the next one.

Regards,

Nathan Gallup

CGN Regular
    Also if ERT comes "knocking" on my door without undue cause, looks like a break in to me. Have to protect my family the best way I know how. I'm not trying to argue here. I'm just saying if total anarchy hits, so help me if I stand around helpless

BANNED
    If someone were to have taken measurements from the receiver of one of the baned cz's while they were still nr and then may or may not have had one made with said measurements would the new receiver now also be prohibited?

Quote Originally Posted by GunfighterAlpha View Post
    they have to come take my ars and pistols in the first place,after sending me a notice in the mail informing me of entry, of course at which time I will have had a break in, reported of course informing them all of my "scary guns" have been stolen, which means its time to run for the hills.
    lol