Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 41416171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Federal gun grab?

Quote Originally Posted by GunfighterAlpha View Post
    Also if ERT comes "knocking" on my door without undue cause, looks like a break in to me. Have to protect my family the best way I know how. I'm not trying to argue here. I'm just saying if total anarchy hits, so help me if I stand around helpless
    i would do the same thing as well

Can we please keep in mind that a group of people not interested in supporting our particular agenda may look at the last 3 pages of this thread...

Just saying.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    That’s why I was troubled to learn of a decision made by unelected bureaucrats to prohibit a number of rifles imported from Switzerland....
    Sincerely,

Steven Blaney
    MP, Levis-Bellechasse
    Laughable!!
    No 'bureaucrat' would make a reclassification like this, knowing the backlash, without approval from the PMO.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid View Post
    It makes no sense to me to have two different orgs fighting for our donations. We need one strong voice. Lets make this happen.
    R
    Gun gravers don't use one voice, but use multiple organizations often with nominal memberships. So I do prefer 2 groups!
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

So is there a link to a petition yet?
    Shooting is shooting is shooting is shooting

It's not mine but it's worth a try

https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitio...gn-in-the-rcmp
    Shooting is shooting is shooting is shooting

CGN Regular
    Two conservative mps discussed the matter in question period today. I'm glad to hear this, and that they are troubled with the ban. It speaks volumes that the other parties said nothing, basically that they dont give a ####. However I'll be letting my MP know that if a Conservative party, with a majority government and a majority in the senate doesn't reverse this and pass legislation to end this bill C68 bull####, than they can kiss my vote good ####ing bye - it'll be going straight to whatever party has the greatest chance of defeating them in my riding.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianReich View Post
    The RCMP need to be taken out of the classification business as they are a political (anti gun) lobby in and of themselves. All too often the police (Rcmp or otherwise, at least their "leadership" (not so much the front line beat cops) ask for a law to be made and the political officials do it "to support the law enforcement community", such as MLAs giving the Halifax Chief of police the Body Armor Control Act that he ASKED for (nova scotia) or the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police going on about how THEY want the long gun registry.

also, having just read this article
    http://globalnews.ca/news/1038496/in...r-gun-control/
    it looks like the RCMP are the POLITICAL force behind all of this reclassification stuff.........
    a *political lobby group*

Why is law enforcement so involved in law and policy making?

We need an impartial non political body (yet educated and knowledgeable on firearms and their use by mainstream Canadians) to classify firearms
    We need an impartial non political body (yet educated and knowledgeable on firearms and their use by mainstream Canadians) to advise the government on its gun policy making

Given that the Firearms Act was an emotional response to a tragedy that millions of lawful firearms owners have nothing to do with and its utter subjectively "reasonable belief" or "secured" in combination with is application by arguably anti-gun and politically motivated RCMP I feel that the Firearms Act itself needs to be strongly amended whilst cutting the RCMP out of the firearms regulation and classification scheme entirely.
    Email PM Harper and MP Blaney, watch the Sun News report by Brian Lilley, demand that they fire RCMP Commissioner Paulson now !

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/0...ta-dealership/

Wouldn't it just be sacrilege for the RCMP if dealership in Canada offered Swiss Green, or CZ858 with the purchase of vehicle, it would be worth the free advertising on both sides!