Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal gun grab?

Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    If you read the law the only way they can reclassify something is if they have an order in counsel which they don't. So the question is how is what they're doing legal?
    It is really very simply. The Lab examines a firearm and applies existing criteria to it, for example: Caliber, action, barrel length, overall length, parentage etc. This then determines the class, conduct a re-examination and change one of your findings could result in a change of classification. The lab passes an "expert" opinion they don't change the law.

absolutely...we should have our own NRA
    PRACTICE, so there'll only be a Singleshotneeded! :-)

I agree we need to stand up as a group, but I don't think it is a good idea to write statements like "If a firearm can be converted to fully automatic with “relative ease and time” (Not the exact wording) it is deemed prohibited. This is a terrible court decision, just about any firearm can be converted to full automatic. Most semi auto firearms with a reciprocating charging handle can be converted to full automatic with a piece of string! Where will this end up" as the anti gun people who troll these forums may take this and run with it.imho

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    One lobby group would be nice. Led by someone articulate, well dressed (not in camo) who can spit out facts and statistics two-for-one against the anti gun lobby. Oh and did i mention with the time to make it a full time job?

Anyone on the horizon? Probably not. So in the meantime everyone with an interest in firearms, not just SAN had better put pen to paper and make your voices heard. If two people, Heidi and Wendy, can stir the pot so effectively think what 20,000 can do.

Remember, politicians pay attention to votes, letters (snail mail is best because if you are mad enough to write you mean business) followed by polls - in that order. And each letter means 200 other mad people out there is how they calculate feedback.

So even if all you write is "the reclassification / confiscation / without compensation of the xxxxx is a serious breach of trust between the community of responsible firearms owners and the representatives of the Government of Canada."

Give the public safety minister a mittful of letters to wave at his boss and hope that his boss is a CPC PM.
    Last edited by scout_289; 02-27-2014 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Grammer

I wonder how much of the LGR records actually survived? I heard about High River during the floods. Sadly this incident with the swiss arms could be just the tip of the iceberg. I personally own only non restricted items. Im just wondering if there was some other database or records list that may have been generated or cloned from the LGR records and information. Does anybody know if there is proof of the destruction of all these records? I am alongside with many others that should and do feel threatened By these measures. I know I have invested many thousands of dollars in my collection and the enjoyment it has given me over the years. I also know that the Government will end up spending many useless millions of dollars to try to chase down this specific type and any others that they suddenly deem prohibited. I also believe that we as Canadians should band together and support our organizations in this matter. Failing that passive resistance could also be accomplished by doing nothing in the spotlight but a lot of squirreling or long term trades with friends that are of like mind and thinking. Easter egg hunts could cost a lot more than the LGR, and the RCMP is overstretched with dealing with the everyday criminals. I find it amusing that with all of the corruption and the drug trade , that they even bother the pursuit of the legitimate gun buying public.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    Regardless, we still need ONE organization to fight the fight
    Agreed.

Though I am not one of the owners affected (this time), I am willing to put my support behind a unified effort to make reasonable, equitable changes to the Act. Do you think a new formal organization is needed or do you think a first step is for us as a community to put support behind one legal challenge rather than 2 separate ones?

@Grumpy Wolverine. I guess the Classic Green is off my wishlist for now. There goes any chance of hitting the homeland in 2015.

Votes will only matter until they are elected. Their prommises will last just as long. The whole system needs to go. Period.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by viallet View Post
    Agreed.

Though I am not one of the owners affected (this time), I am willing to put my support behind a unified effort to make reasonable, equitable changes to the Act. Do you think a new formal organization is needed or do you think a first step is for us as a community to put support behind one legal challenge rather than 2 separate ones?

@Grumpy Wolverine. I guess the Classic Green is off my wishlist for now. There goes any chance of hitting the homeland in 2015.
    The first step is definitely to take the fight to their doorstep, but at the same time start getting the framework, people etc for a strong singular national firearms advocacy organization together. There need only be one legal challenge, let both parties pool their resources. Two heads are better than one.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Placing tin foil hat firmly on my head.

Sometimes I think the push to get the firearms out of peoples hands is because those in power fear civil unrest like what is going on in the Ukraine right now.
    Obviously there will be many here that say this is Canada and is impossible. Globally there is a wind of change blowing and attitudes are shifting. Western governments are exerting their powers creating soft oppression. Not obviously, but with a pin prick there and a pin prick here. Little by little they add more tax, a new law or prohib another firearm. The effects of this are that the softly oppressed slowly get angry like a kettle boiling but they don't know why. You can witness the pot boiling in acts such as road rage, hockey parent fights and by reading forums such as this one. I guess the point of my rant is no more pin pricks we as firearm owners have been pricked on enough.

No more pin pricks.... Time to poke back reminds me of 300 gentlemen that decided enough was enough