$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: New M14.ca LSP or Long Sight Plane Hand Guard to Release in Q3 2014

Business Member

New M14.ca LSP or Long Sight Plane Hand Guard to Release in Q3 2014

The M14.ca "LSP" or "Long Sight Plane" Hand Guard is a monolithic (continuously machined, single piece) optics mounting platform for your M14/M1A rifle.

Building on design elements present in the M14.ca Scout Hand Guard and CASM GEN II series scope mounts, the new M14.ca "LSP" includes a proprietary strapping design that ensures uniform fitment to M14/M1A Standard Contour barrels and offers a solid, secure and reliable union of rail to rifle.

The LSP is designed to be as long as possible and as light as possible, while still retaining rigidity, strength, and long term durability. Extensive lightening in the undercut, dual channel buttressing of the long, Picatinny rail sectional offers a superior strength to weight ratio over competing designs (shown below).

The LSP's 12 o'clock Picatinny top rail is 20.25" long and starts rearward above the M14 receiver's heal, continues through the M14 rear sight pocket and ends at the M14 front band.

The rear rail extension over the M14 receiver heal allows you to mount a scope or short eye relief scope further rearward. For the heaviest scopes, the rearward position affords an improved tipping point balance than designs forward of the iron sights (i.e., rearward optics weight shift) or designs that do not offer the rearward extension.

The LSP includes mounting points at 3 o’clock and 9 o’clock for 2 x 4” lengths of Picatinny rail, sold separately (two 4" rails are included with each Blackfeather "RS" rifle stock) but polymer rail sections from Magpul Industries are also compatible for mounting accessories.

[Side View Closeup of Undercut, Dual Channel Buttress, 3 o'clock ]

The LSP is CNC precision machined out of 6061-T6 aluminum and is designed to index perfectly on a Blackfeather "RS" equipped rifle, however, it can be installed to other M14/M1A rifle stocks (US GI variants et al).

The LSP is designed to maintain optically precise alignment with the bore of your M14 and it will maintain zero of precisely aligned optical equipment even when the upper part of the rifle [ barrel / receiver groups with LSP attached ] is removed for cleaning or for "swapping" on the M14.ca Blackfeather "RS" platform. The LSP is ideally suited to short eye relief scopes, iron sights and/or forward mounted red dots or all of the above.

Lastly, installation requires no gunsmithing and sets up quickly with common tools in as little as 30 minutes.

Specifications:
    Product Name: M14/M1A "LSP" (Long Sight Plane Hand Guard)
    Type: Picatinny 1913 Rail M14/M1A Scope Mount
    Material: 6061 Alloy, Type II Hard Coat Anodized
    Color: Black (OD Green, FDE and White)
    OAL: 20.25"
    Weight: Unavailable At Time of Post
    Compatibility: Fits all M14/M1A family of rifles (Incl. Norinco/Polytech Rifles) (Minor modification may be required).

Final Comments:
    The LSP is due to release in Q3 2014. Price has not been determined at this writing. Final weight has not been determined as we went to post here however our first production part will be out of machine within two weeks and actual weight will be posted (thread updated as soon as this information is available). Thank-you for your support.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 05-05-2014 at 12:14 PM.
    M14.ca + Official Forum
    Blackfeather "RS" Rifle Stock
    LSP
    Scout Hand Guard
    CASM GEN II Scope Mount
    Black Arrow Spring Guide
    Direct email: info@m14.ca Tel. 250-888.9982
    T97NSR FTU T97.ca.
    T97NSR LHG T97.ca. NEW

That is a piece of art! I can't wait to see this paired to your Blackfeather stock!!! Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!

I have no life
    wow !

looks awesome

That sir is truly art work! might have to buy another m305

Business Member
    Thank-you for your comments. A few other notes to add here:

- the LSP does not require removal of any bolts to separate the receiver from the stock, nor does it require re-zeroing by a trained armorer

- the LSP stays with the barreled receiver, enabling quick swaps between various stocks

- the LSP offers the longest, continuous sight plane available for the M14 platform, extending a monolithic single plane rail 20.25"

- the LSP is rigidly and solidly attached to the receiver at the rear sight ears, and also with 2 straps to the barrel and is indexed or contoured to seat on the Blackfeather RS oprod guide radius, a fourth leg of support and a precise point of index vertically, resisting rotation under the weight of heavier scopes and potentially harder impacts

Last edited by M14.CA; 02-27-2014 at 05:50 PM.
    M14.ca + Official Forum
    Blackfeather "RS" Rifle Stock
    LSP
    Scout Hand Guard
    CASM GEN II Scope Mount
    Black Arrow Spring Guide
    Direct email: info@m14.ca Tel. 250-888.9982
    T97NSR FTU T97.ca.
    T97NSR LHG T97.ca. NEW

Likei said in email Frank, that look sexy

Now, for those of us, (like me!) who just bought your CASM mount, are you going to be making a version with JUST the handguard section?

The SHG is available if you are looking for an ultra low forward optics mount.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 02-27-2014 at 05:49 PM.

The SHG was already in my bucket list for the end of the year but im hesitating how that you've uncovered this today.
    First, off, i need an M14E2 stock in a nice, dark red

The LSP would be a good choice for the M14E2 stock based upon our current design goals for this product. Both options are viable and may become a personal preference decision. For those not familiar with the M14E2 stock, this image is provided.

Last edited by M14.CA; 02-27-2014 at 06:24 PM.

Wow!

You really went to work on trimming the fat.

It looks totally different from the prototype I saw months ago.

Awesome!

Thank-you. I am looking forward to the first weigh-in after these latest revisions.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 02-27-2014 at 06:26 PM.

I also like how it extends back toward the receivers heel.

That settles it, I will be putting my standard in a Blackfeather with an LSP.

A;ways wanted to be able to mount flip up sights on my M14. Looks like I'll be spending more money. Looks great, can't wait for it to be released.

Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast