Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617181920212224 ... LastLast

Thread: M-4 carbines....

Quote Originally Posted by 007derek View Post
    Wow, Would have bought two at that price! But with the recent RCMP shake up Im holding off ,
    We shouldn't fell for their trick and this is exactly what they want.

I just bought a T97 two weeks ago before this SAN rifle mess and not prepared to make another black rifle purchase for a little while but for that exact reason I ordered an AR last week so they now have one more AR owner to deal with in case they attempt to ban the AR or whatnot!

Anyone receive their rifle yet?

How is the fit/finish if so? maybe some pics? saw a canam one at my local range this weekend, and I am impressed. Curious as to how the marstar ones look/feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Felonius View Post

How is the fit/finish if so? maybe some pics? saw a canam one at my local range this weekend, and I am impressed. Curious as to how the marstar ones look/feel.
    I received mine on Friday, the finish was alot better than expected. I have yet to take it to the range.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Odd Shot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Felonius View Post

They're both from Norinco, so they should be the same, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Shot View Post
    They're both from Norinco, so they should be the same, no?
    Not sure, what if they are different 'lots'? Or manufacturing date, etc.

I have one from a few years ago, and I am happy with its finish (from Marstar) but this newer one was quite nice.

CGN Regular
    Can someone post detailed pics of the finish on these rifles?

I don't need another AR but at this price it's tempting!!

Many thanks.

CGN frequent flyer
    X2.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Just got mine today, I was under the impression they were supposed to be anodized lower, mine is chipped and looks like it is painted or something. Maybe someone can clear this up? I thought I saw a pic of this one or the other manufacturers one that was anodized.
    7. Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of the person and the right not to be deprived thereof except in accordance with the principles of fundamental justice.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by doc25 View Post
    Just got mine today, I was under the impression they were supposed to be anodized lower, mine is chipped and looks like it is painted or something. Maybe someone can clear this up? I thought I saw a pic of this one or the other manufacturers one that was anodized.
    I remember reading somewhere that the older ones were parkerized and that finish would chip off easy, the newer ones I believe are anodized (if you look at the marstar description it says park and anodized), not sure what parts are parkerized and what's anodized though?

Are these new stock or older stock that they're trying to clear (hence the sale)?
    Last edited by Stokesey; 03-10-2014 at 07:54 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I think mine is 1982 not sure if that's correct but it is stamped under bayonet lug and there is a number on receiver 001982-13. My handle has nothing written on it whereas the guy who posted the pic above has 5.56-223. On the mag well mine only days 5.56. Owners manual is dated 2006. So maybe there are good ones and less good ones in the lot?

Controls are ambidextrous, safety and mag release, mags drop free.

The other thing is I can't find the full auto selector switch the manual talks about? . The manual is a riot. Pay close attention to page 3.
    7. Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of the person and the right not to be deprived thereof except in accordance with the principles of fundamental justice.