M-4 carbines....

We only pay 5% tax as Marstar is out of province

We (BC) are supposed to pay PST, no ? .. I believe this to be more of a loophole allowing some to manipulate the system. Unless I am horribly misinformed… which is also entirely plausible ! haha

The province of BC (re PST being re-implemented effective April 1, 2013) indicates that out-of-province Canadian vendors should register to collect provincial sales tax for a province if they regularly do all of the following:

-Sell taxable goods or software to customers in BC.
-Accept purchase orders (including by telephone, mail, e-mail or internet) from customers located in BC.
-Deliver taxable goods or software to a location in BC. Delivery into BC includes goods and software that are shipped physically or electronically, even if they are delivered -through a third party, such as a courier.
-Solicits sales in BC (through advertising or other means, including mail, e-mail, fax, newspaper or the internet) for orders to purchase taxable goods or software.

If the vendor does not have a business presence in a province to which they are shipping, it is usually the responsibility of the buyer of the goods to remit the provincial sales tax

We (BC) are supposed to pay PST, no ? .. I believe this to be more of a loophole allowing some to manipulate the system. Unless I am horribly misinformed… which is also entirely plausible ! haha
Yea like it says in the last line. It is your responsibility of pay it. Meaning that Marstar will not charge us PST.
But go ahead, send the province a cheque to reimburse them for their loss of PST if you feel the need

Debating ..... I'm thinking of buying one as a form of social activism lol .... ANOTHER Canadian with a black rifle sounds like a political statement. The massive gun buys in the States in recent years sent a huge political message about the numbers of firearms owners and who they vote for. Maybe everyone with an RPAL should buy an AR and this one is inexpensive enough. I just have a tough time stomaching a restricted rifle .... I think rifles should be good for the backwoods and gravel pits. Still, this one is inexpensive enough .... I will definitely think about this one.

Who does Marstar use for shipping? Canada Post?

Debating ..... I'm thinking of buying one as a form of social activism lol .... ANOTHER Canadian with a black rifle sounds like a political statement. The massive gun buys in the States in recent years sent a huge political message about the numbers of firearms owners and who they vote for. Maybe everyone with an RPAL should buy an AR and this one is inexpensive enough. I just have a tough time stomaching a restricted rifle .... I think rifles should be good for the backwoods and gravel pits. Still, this one is inexpensive enough .... I will definitely think about this one.

Who does Marstar use for shipping? Canada Post?

Just do it! We need more AR-15's in Canada. Plus you can't really go wrong for this price.
I believe they ship firearms with Canada Post

I'm not in the market but will say this is a smoking deal John, perfect tactic, drop the price, make a little, we all gain strength in numbers and piss the anti's right off with all the new AR owners taking advantage of this sale!

When the sale is over can you give us a general idea of how many were sold please? :cool:

Back
Top Bottom