Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 414161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 2007 or later CZ858 Prohib

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dad003's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hootguy View Post
    one thing i would really like to know,,,if these cz858 are so easy to return to selective fire full auto,,,HOW DO YOU DO IT???,,,after all a prohib is a prohib,,LOL...anybody know how EASY it supposedly is??,,,it would be interesting to see what the RCMP consider EASY???
    first you need to have the ful lauto parts , second , you have to remove the block they welded in the receiver , and finaaly do the slot for the full auto sear , but for do the machining you need to have a milling , right there not alot of people have that ,
    »The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.« Thomas Jefferson

Ya your right

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Undergiver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad003 View Post
    first you need to have the ful lauto parts , second , you have to remove the block they welded in the receiver , and finaaly do the slot for the full auto sear , but for do the machining you need to have a milling , right there not alot of people have that ,
    so much for easily converted to full auto...I'm so glad it's that easy for when the zombie Apocalypse begins...
    UCP member
    CPC member

how can they possibly enforce this prohibition. do they confiscate every CZ- 858 type rifle they see and send it for id? are we safe at the gun club with the non prohib models? as usual the whole thing is convoluted and ludicrous. they allowed these rifles to be marketed in this country where they were purchased legally. to now decree that they are owned illegally is, in my opinion a criminal act by government. these rifles are our personal property and confiscation without restitution is not a free country practice!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dad003's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by capcos View Post
    how can they possibly enforce this prohibition. do they confiscate every CZ- 858 type rifle they see and send it for id? are we safe at the gun club with the non prohib models? as usual the whole thing is convoluted and ludicrous. they allowed these rifles to be marketed in this country where they were purchased legally. to now decree that they are owned illegally is, in my opinion a criminal act by government. these rifles are our personal property and confiscation without restitution is not a free country practice!
    nope your not safe . because you know how they classified the rifle they will says that you have a prohib ,
    »The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.« Thomas Jefferson

CGN frequent flyer
    1. I would suggest we tone down the rhetoric such as abusing the RCMP and talking about burying rather than giving up. This is a public forum that anyone can read.
    2. Remember this happened with the T97. My original one was confiscated by the police, but every cloud has a silver lining as I was able to purchase a non-restricted version for $300 less.
    3. Sorry to say this but the NFA was not hugely helpful when it came to taking the Type 97 issue to court. I did look into it and decided that unless I wanted to hire a lawyer and go through a huge amount of stress and $ that fighting the system was not going to work. It would be me against the RCMP experts fighting over the legailty of easily converted and other such words.
    4. Eventaully they did reimburse Type 97 owners for the purchase price when they took them away
    5. Remember all the cheering when the long gun registry went away? It was pretty obvious to me that the cost of this would be our ability to own black guns but nobody was in a listening mode......

Very well said and I agree...the rhetoric and posturing is not helpful. This case will be won or lost in Parliament and/or the courts. Speaking foolishly out of anger only confirms the perceptions many Canadians have of us.

Quote Originally Posted by 55recce View Post
    1. I would suggest we tone down the rhetoric such as abusing the RCMP and talking about burying rather than giving up. This is a public forum that anyone can read.
    2. Remember this happened with the T97. My original one was confiscated by the police, but every cloud has a silver lining as I was able to purchase a non-restricted version for $300 less.
    3. Sorry to say this but the NFA was not hugely helpful when it came to taking the Type 97 issue to court. I did look into it and decided that unless I wanted to hire a lawyer and go through a huge amount of stress and $ that fighting the system was not going to work. It would be me against the RCMP experts fighting over the legailty of easily converted and other such words.
    4. Eventaully they did reimburse Type 97 owners for the purchase price when they took them away
    5. Remember all the cheering when the long gun registry went away? It was pretty obvious to me that the cost of this would be our ability to own black guns but nobody was in a listening mode......

Quote Originally Posted by 55recce View Post
    ... Sorry to say this but the NFA was not hugely helpful when it came to taking the Type97 issue to court.
    Unfortunately true. The NFA does not do nearly enough at anything IMHO. I am a member nonetheless, but I am also a member of the NRA. After paying my membership I never heard again from the NFA, they are so passive it's embarrassing. The NRA however constantly keeps me updated about progress, issues, along with suggestions and motivation on supporting the cause. Hardly any Canadian outside firearms enthusiasts have even heard of NFA, while the NRA is famous for their cause internationally. That is what we need more than ever now, a STRONG, VOCAL, VISIBLE, and ACTIVE organization to take an active (not reactive) role in fighting for our rights. That is, a fight not just to keep our rights and maintain ground, but we need a dedicated force to GAIN rights and FURTHER our position!

This is not about loosing your gun
    This is not about compensation

THIS IS ABOUT LOOSING YOUR RIGHTS

IMO a 5-round fully automatic would do less damage then a 5-round semi automatic...