Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 2007 or later CZ858 Prohib

Mr. Wolverine

I own two of the effected CZ-858-2P rifles, a 09 & a 12. I have over $3600 invested in parts & accessories for these two rifles, over & above the purchase price of the 2 rifles. Over the last 3.5years they have been hands down my favorite rifles.

I remember the first time I took apart my CZ-858 & saw the welds in my receiver, I thought 'I WAS JUST SOLD A CONVERTED AUTO!!'. A quick search on CGN & Google, and I had my answers to the welds and it not being a C/A rifle. This was back in 2010, if my memory serves me correctly, the way I understood it was that they were originally manufactured as a Select fire receiver, but had never been assembled into a SF rifle at any point. So since they were never a SF rifle, & were welded up & changed to a semi-only receiver before ever being assembled into a complete rifle, they were therefore not a C/A rifle.

Now my questions:

1. What changed from the 2006 to the 2007 rifles?
    2. Something in the manufacturing process?
    3. Why have the 05 & 06 rifles not been reclassified & the 07 & later rifles been reclassified?

If you can answer any of my questions that would be great!! But I'll assume that absolutely NOTHING changed from the 05/06 to 07 and later models, & there is no reason for the RCMP's decision.

edited: I forgot to say sorry if this has already been answered in another post or thread already, it is almost impossible to read them all now!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Quote:
    The real culprit with the CZ858 is the verifier who did a poor job. It was not the RCMP.

I was the verifier, I verified that they matched the FRT that was created by the RCMP from the sample rifle that I submitted to the RCMP. Not sure how that makes me the culprit?
    Last edited by mileageman; 03-01-2014 at 10:12 PM.

CGN Regular
    I won't purchase anymore of this stuff until the classification system has a lot more reliability..

If they want to keep doing this they should at least grandfather all owners for 12.5......Bastards

well, with over 32000 views on this post alone, we can make a difference if EVERYONE SENDS A LETTER TO THE PRIME MINISTER, MP AND SAFETY MINISTER. That alone is a lot of paper to ignore. now if we each can get 1 or 2 more people to send one then we certainly have a very large voice. NO POSTAGE REQUIRED!

We could all just ignore them

Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    Mr. Wolverine

I own two of the effected CZ-858-2P rifles, a 09 & a 12. I have over $3600 invested in parts & accessories for these two rifles, over & above the purchase price of the 2 rifles. Over the last 3.5years they have been hands down my favorite rifles.

I remember the first time I took apart my CZ-858 & saw the welds in my receiver, I thought 'I WAS JUST SOLD A CONVERTED AUTO!!'. A quick search on CGN & Google, and I had my answers to the welds and it not being a C/A rifle. This was back in 2010, if my memory serves me correctly, the way I understood it was that they were originally manufactured as a Select fire receiver, but had never been assembled into a SF rifle at any point. So since they were never a SF rifle, & were welded up & changed to a semi-only receiver before ever being assembled into a complete rifle, they were therefore not a C/A rifle.

Now my questions:

1. What changed from the 2006 to the 2007 rifles?
    2. Something in the manufacturing process?
    3. Why have the 05 & 06 rifles not been reclassified & the 07 & later rifles been reclassified?

If you can answer any of my questions that would be great!! But I'll assume that absolutely NOTHING changed from the 05/06 to 07 and later models, & there is no reason for the RCMP's decision.

edited: I forgot to say sorry if this has already been answered in another post or thread already, it is almost impossible to read them all now!
    The RCMP must be claiming that the CZ 858 receiver differed after 2007, I saw no difference myself. The samples that we first supplied in 2005 for examination had the same internal welds as the last shipment. I have no information from the shipments that CBSA seized a year ago as all the relevant documents released to me under the Access to Information act had been censored.

CGN frequent flyer Secondgunman's Avatar
    I say we just buy every SKS in every store over the next week...
    Certified Paper Shredder Guns are just as much apart of me as duck tape or WD40.

just to confirm, the VZ58 line of rifles are NOT prohib at this point in time, correct?

SKS's will be next
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of #### by the clean end.

Quote Originally Posted by Undergiver View Post
    My FSN-01F is restricted so they know I have it... I heard it before when they made the Norc AKS restricted then prohib.....we are not here to take your guns...... ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Now the NFA is saying the AR-15 is next....WTF
    NFA is NOT saying the AR-15 is next. But keep the faith guys, all is not lost.
    “...Only accurate rifles are interesting.”
    - Colonel Townsend Whelen

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
    - Will Rogers