Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8182021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 2007 or later CZ858 Prohib

Do not turn your guns in voluntarily. They have taken them in the past from smaller groups of owners in this case it is roughly 10000 strong and EVERYONE should be behind them against the criminal behaviour of the RCMP leadership! You legally bought and owned something now someone else is trying to take it, this is the definition of attempted robbery. They haven't successfully robbed us yet this time, don't let them!

Quote Originally Posted by karna View Post
    IMO a 5-round fully automatic would do less damage then a 5-round semi automatic...
    Good point!

CGN Regular
    The guidelines for verifying whether a firearm can be readily converted to full auto need to be clear. Are they? IMO a typical owner, with no technical training, should be able to use readily available parts to convert the rifle to full auto. Otherwise there should be no problems!!

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    From the FRT...
    142363 CZ CZ858 Tactical-2 V Proofed 2007 or later Ceska Zbrojovka (CZ)
    Rifle Converted Automatic Numbered
    - prohibited as converted auto
    I only see the CZ 858 FRT # 142362 listed on the NRA site (https://nfa.ca/news/canada%E2%80%99s...ecial-advisory) from a posting out on the March 1st - two days after your posting. Wouldn't they include all affected CZ 858 FRT numbers as the did with the Swiss Arms rifles? Can anyone confirm that 142363 is indeed listed now as prohibited?

Secondly, if its our responsibility (reverse onus) to make certain we are abiding by the law then where can the average citizen check specific rifle classifications to ensure just that? Since the RCMP decided to re-classify these rifles what logical or practical course of action do they expect of us to determine if a firearm has been re-classified? Are we expected to contact them daily to ensure that the firearems we currently have in our possession have not been re-classified? If it's our responsibility then what other option do we have to avoid becoming criminals over night as per this specific case with CZ's? I'm new to the world of firearms and confused as to why this re-classification is even taking place - as such I'd appreciate some insight into this...

Quote Originally Posted by soma56 View Post
    Secondly, if its our responsibility (reverse onus) to make certain we are abiding by the law then where can the average citizen check specific rifle classifications to ensure just that? Since the RCMP decided to re-classify these rifles what logical or practical course of action do they expect of us to determine if a firearm has been re-classified? Are we expected to contact them daily to ensure that the firearems we currently have in our possession have not been re-classified? If it's our responsibility then what other option do we have to avoid becoming criminals over night as per this specific case with CZ's? I'm new to the world of firearms and confused as to why this re-classification is even taking place - as such I'd appreciate some insight into this...
    Theres more to these reclassifications then the RCMP realizing it may be possible to convert them to full auto. Got to look a little further down the road with elections coming up in another year. If the Conservatives lose and either of the other 2 parties have a majority we can expect life to get real hard for us. The RCMP will push their hidden agenda of a full out gun ban or in the least to start a new gun registry stating that they cannot keep track of firearms which have been classified as prohibited after the abolished LGR. We all know Liberal or NDP will side with the RCMP and pass any bill they want not to mention their own.

CGN Regular
    is there a website where I can check the date of manufacture from the serial number? I want to know if mine is GTG or not, but my hopes are pretty low

BANNED
    how about some actual concrete proof that these rifles can be converted. unless i see a video on how its done. then we can all agree even more that they are out to get us.

Quote Originally Posted by thebaker View Post
    how about some actual concrete proof that these rifles can be converted. unless i see a video on how its done. then we can all agree even more that they are out to get us.
    They do not need any proof. The RCMP will not claim it can be easily converted or converted at all to full auto. They will claim the serial number on the receiver was originally manufactured for a full auto firearm and therefor it is prohibited as per Canadian law. This is not about public safety, it is about a pissing match between the RCMP and who they view as law abiding criminals.

Ok, I have contacted everyone that I can think if in Nova Scotia in Government and the Prime Minister and Safety Minister , what have you guys done today to stop this travesty?
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of #### by the clean end.