Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91921222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 2007 or later CZ858 Prohib

This sucks !!!

Quote Originally Posted by roadblock View Post
    Theres more to these reclassifications ....
    Thanks for the reply.

Can anyone here answer my questions? I can't get through to the RCMP.

Quote Originally Posted by soma56 View Post
    I only see the CZ 858 FRT # 142362 listed on the NRA site (https://nfa.ca/news/canada%E2%80%99s...ecial-advisory) from a posting out on the March 1st - two days after your posting. Wouldn't they include all affected CZ 858 FRT numbers as the did with the Swiss Arms rifles? Can anyone confirm that 142363 is indeed listed now as prohibited?

Secondly, if its our responsibility (reverse onus) to make certain we are abiding by the law then where can the average citizen check specific rifle classifications to ensure just that? Since the RCMP decided to re-classify these rifles what logical or practical course of action do they expect of us to determine if a firearm has been re-classified? Are we expected to contact them daily to ensure that the firearems we currently have in our possession have not been re-classified? If it's our responsibility then what other option do we have to avoid becoming criminals over night as per this specific case with CZ's? I'm new to the world of firearms and confused as to why this re-classification is even taking place - as such I'd appreciate some insight into this...

Quote Originally Posted by soma56 View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

Can anyone here answer my questions? I can't get through to the RCMP.
    Forward to your MP and ask him to sort this out!

Quote Originally Posted by Glockman1 View Post
    Disarm the people.....and a government of and for the people becomes a government to rule the people. We are losing a lot of our freedoms, it is becoming a society of "you can't" and until the people regain control of their government, it won't stop.

GM1
    +1!

oops ordered more of them more and more out of potential cycle so they cant have or destroy them
    Back to the Grind

BANNED
    can anyone tell me HOW we can tell a converted fullauto reciever from a NON converted reciever???be nice to know FOR sure what each owner has>>

Quote Originally Posted by hootguy View Post
    can anyone tell me HOW we can tell a converted fullauto reciever from a NON converted reciever???be nice to know FOR sure what each owner has>>
    That sir, is a million dollar question, that at the moment is open to a lot of speculation.

Dear Hon Mr. Lauzon,

This past week, without Parliamentary input, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police re-classified two popular sporting arms, the CZ 858, and the Swiss Arms series of rifles, amounting to an incredible 15 Million dollars of private property, as prohibited. They are to be surrendered by their owners without compensation, lest they be considered criminals on paper.

While the RCMP has an obligation to observe the letter of the law, they acted fundamentally against its spirit. The Swiss Arms rifles were re-interpreted to be a “variant” of a prohibited arm that was banned by name for cosmetic reasons during the Liberal government’s tenure in the 1990s. The 858, on the other hand, was prohibited on the basis that the manufacturer could have theoretically made the rifle select-fire instead of semi-automatic. This is unprecedented because the rifles had not actually been made select-fire and then modified after to semi-auto (capable of fully automatic operation), but because they could have been had the manufacturer chosen to, the RCMP chose to interpret that as enough to warrant prohibition. I’ve never seen our police agencies act in a way I could describe as Kafkaesque.

There is no doubt in my mind that this is a reprisal for the Conservative scrapping of the firearms registry, as the RCMP selected two expensive and popular arms numbering in the tens of thousands. The 858 retails for about $1000, the Swiss Arms are $4000 rifles. These are NOT in the hands of criminals on the streets; they are the property of sportsmen and hunters. If you have any experience with firearms enthusiasts you likely know that they are some of the most legally-aware and law-abiding people you know.

Not only do we need the RCMP to behave in a manner consistent with the spirit of our laws, we need to replace the Firearms Act with legislation that is reasonable, clear, and without vague clauses, and not prone to police reprisals.

Please contact me if you have any questions,

Lightbulb Consider the CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieger View Post
    True, the NFA is happy to collect your money but when you need their help, it's some excuse as to why they can't help you.

If you are looking to support an organization that is seen in Ottawa and lobbies for your rights then think CSSA.

You only have to watch the news to get an idea of which firearms owners association is present.

Oh, I think I need to start a thread on this subject alone.

Quote Originally Posted by hootguy View Post
    My CZH 2003 has 2 heat marks from welds on either side of the receiver, a 3 position selector, and a mysterious hole that has been filled with epoxy just in front of the trigger. I'm willing to bet that this receiver started life as FA beast.