Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617181920212224 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 or later CZ858 Prohib

From our cold sleeping? Hands!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tungngroove2000 View Post
    Yes it sucks, do what you can (write, write, write, call, call, call your MP, PM etc) , yes they went to doors to seize them, yes you have to turn it in yourself, no they won't notify you (if it's non restricted, they don't know you have it), NO there are NO plans for compensation....AND compensation should be the least of your concern when YOUR RIGHTS are being trampled on and changed overnight!!!! Your rifle has not committed a crime, and yet you are NOW A CRIMINAL when yesterday you were a law abiding, licensed gun owner.
    I must say what your saying is absolutely correct sir.

Quote Originally Posted by crankj11 View Post
    Im confused mine is a cz 858 tactical 2 with a 2012 proof mark.......prohibited or not?
    Same as mine except I am 2010. Prohib.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Alapena View Post
    Yes. Anything after 2007. Apparently if there's a machined window next to the rear gas block, it's a "converted auto" and prohib'd.
    As I read the FRT that is incorrect. The 'Tactical 2' is unchanged, the 'Tactical 2P - 05' or 'Tactical 2P - 06' are unchanged, but the 'Tactical 2P - 07' and up are now prohib.

Crankj11 probably has a Tactical 2P or 2V if its 2012.

And I just figured out I have a 2P 06.
    "For every one of us, living in this world means waiting for our end. Let whoever can win glory before death. When a warrior is gone, that will be his best and only bulwark" - Beowulf

"I do swear that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Canada, her heirs and successors, according to law"

If they can just prohibit whatever they want on a whim, how about they go ahead and remove the by-name restriction on AR15's and their derivatives, just for a hoot?

I want a damn NR AR10.

Am I the only one who is also thinking CZ is also partly to blame by using surplus receivers in the first place? This all could have been avoided by them not tempting the RCMP?

Can't blame cz. They were merely trying to save production costs by using surplus recievers instead of machining new ones. The RCMP is the problem here

I have one in the mail too...trying to calm myself!

Quote Originally Posted by neoconfection View Post
    Thank you. I'm not worried about the AR-15 being banned...for now. At least I hope not, knowing I have one in the mail.

So how many of these rifles out of the total population of Cz/Vz 58/858 rifles are being banned? It looks to me like a few models out of the total line are now prohib for having converted auto receivers.

Then I was all like PEW PEW PEW

I left my thoughts on the RCMP Facebook page!
    "For in reason all government without the consent of the governed is the very definition of slavery."