Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5151718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 2007 or later CZ858 Prohib

Quote Originally Posted by colonel1972 View Post
    @ pisces-guy

Please no references to Nazi Germany and the atrocities committed by the Nazi regime. Any gun rights issues in this country pale in comparison to the deaths of 11 million people at the hands of evil people.
    I was referring to the beginning of the era in the 1930s, when civil rights and freedoms were being slowly eroded and taken away in Germany. The people did nothing and remained quiet, because it didn't concern them directly. A few years later and they had no rights or civil liberties. The actions of the RCMP in High River, and their actions in banning private property now, are indisputably wrong and follow a dangerous group of precedents. Burying your head in the sand and ignoring those precedents in history is unintelligent, foolish, and works right into the hands of those people that need to be stopped. Spare us your drivel about the Holocaust, I was referring to the deterioration of democracy and rights in 1930s Germany! :-)
    PRACTICE, so there'll only be a Singleshotneeded! :-)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DocShay View Post
    From my cold dead hands...
    Agreed... and by that I mean they will gladly kill you while suffering no losses of their own, wait for you to go cold and come take everything you own. If you actually mean it, you wouldn't post it on an open forum.

Quote Originally Posted by mhowarth View Post
    I will not stand for this, and frankly for those of you posting "I'm glad I just sold mine last...." - you're an embarrassment to this board, and to your fellow canadians.

We need to take action now. I just have no idea how to push this ball along never mind get the ball rolling. Do we rally? We should rally!
    I agree. What I find more disconcerting is Canadian Gun Owners willingness to eat their our. All the guys saying is it just this 858 or that 858, is mine good? As if theirs is good then everything is O.K. and they don't care. Assume EVERY 858 or a gun that looks like an 858 or smells like an 858 is prohib and take your actions from there. Assume your Mini 14 and your Ruger 10/22 is prohib and act from there. Assume your AR-15 is prohib and act from there. Stop eating each other and stand up and be counted. Proudly say "Yes I have an 858, no I'm not going to check if it is one of the ones, I'll assume it is, no I am not going to turn it in, no I'm not going to say I sold it, and no I will not hand it over, ever. and no I will not bury it. I will have use of my 858 for the rest of my life, however long that may be.". No matter what the CPC says or does now, no matter what the CSSA or NFA does now, it is NOW time for the FED UP III rally, abbreviated to F.U. rally.

Quote Originally Posted by 55recce View Post
    1. I would suggest we tone down the rhetoric such as abusing the RCMP and talking about burying rather than giving up. This is a public forum that anyone can read.
    2. Remember this happened with the T97. My original one was confiscated by the police, but every cloud has a silver lining as I was able to purchase a non-restricted version for $300 less.
    3. Sorry to say this but the NFA was not hugely helpful when it came to taking the Type 97 issue to court. I did look into it and decided that unless I wanted to hire a lawyer and go through a huge amount of stress and $ that fighting the system was not going to work. It would be me against the RCMP experts fighting over the legailty of easily converted and other such words.
    4. Eventaully they did reimburse Type 97 owners for the purchase price when they took them away
    5. Remember all the cheering when the long gun registry went away? It was pretty obvious to me that the cost of this would be our ability to own black guns but nobody was in a listening mode......
    I am still completely and utterly shocked that people think that was ACTUALLY done for the gun owners lol. I guess more stupid laws, reclassification/confiscation and way more restrictions will have to come about before people see that it was truly a cost thing, they were NOT doing it for us, it did not deter gun crime as they hoped it would, so they had literally no choice.

And it seems to me like people are STILL not in listening mode, look at all the threads that talked about this reclass and half the posts were idiots crying for it to be locked instead of seeing it as an actual threat. Now it happened, and sadly, I see it now like I saw it back then "Oh, I gave mine away" "Oh I sold mine" Yeah, that will sure teach them to reclassify a gun!
    Freedom costs a buck 'o' five.

Quote Originally Posted by cooper2007 View Post
    I live in Vancouver. can anyone post some phone numbers or links for me.
    Go to HBC, near the the top of Gun Talk is a thread of non restricted to prohibited, with links to write to both the PM and the minister of public safety.
    Thank you for your interest! :-)
    PRACTICE, so there'll only be a Singleshotneeded! :-)

...from my cold dead hands....!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pisces-guy View Post
    I was referring to the beginning of the era in the 1930s, when civil rights and freedoms were being slowly eroded and taken away in Germany.
    People, please try to understand -- THIS IS BEING DONE FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!

And will those of you who are Jewish please sew yellow Stars of David on your clothing. This is for your own good.
    (Apologies to colonel1972.)
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    - Seneca the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by pisces-guy View Post
    I was referring to the beginning of the era in the 1930s, when civil rights and freedoms were being slowly eroded and taken away in Germany. The people did nothing and remained quiet, because it didn't concern them directly. A few years later and they had no rights or civil liberties. The actions of the RCMP in High River, and their actions in banning private property now, are indisputably wrong and follow a dangerous group of precedents. Burying your head in the sand and ignoring those precedents in history is unintelligent, foolish, and works right into the hands of those people that need to be stopped. Spare us your drivel about the Holocaust, I was referring to the deterioration of democracy and rights in 1930s Germany! :-)
    This is an *excellent* post! The loss of freedom starts slowly and seemingly harmlessly. Civil rights slowly nibbled away until... "Hey, what happened?!? I'm stuck in a dictatorship!"

Quote Originally Posted by fireguy View Post
    This is an *excellent* post! The loss of freedom starts slowly and seemingly harmlessly. Civil rights slowly nibbled away until... "Hey, what happened?!? I'm stuck in a dictatorship!"
    Yup and guess what? They took all of our arms so now we have no way out of it!
    WTB:Any Ross rifle parts for all Mks! Looking for original condition Ross rifles, military, sporters, trainers and target rifles.

"Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset." - Ron Paul. Make your choice, either act now and take a stand or lay down in fear and loose everything! Would you let someone just walk into YOUR house and take whatever they want, or would you RESIST and fight for what is yours?
    PAL is required for all ammo/firearms sales immediately after buyer states "I'll take it". Failure to do so will result in the loss of your first to claim it position. Shipping insurance is extra and must be requested.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne View Post

The Conservatives are down in the polls. They need every single vote and every dollar to fight the Liberals and NDP in the next election. Together, gun owners represent a sizeable block of voters and a lot of money. It is time to mobilize that power and demand they act on C-68.

There is no time to fight amongst ourselves, that only benefits the RCMP, Liberals and NDP who want to take away ALL of our firearms.

TTYL

- Jayne
    And this excellent post made me realize that instead of going to my local MP's office to ask what he can / will do, I'll be going to ask what *I* do to keep him in office. My riding had been Lieberal since 1980. I'm going to make myself available to do whatever his office needs in the election in 2015. JFK: "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." I can work to keep it free from bureaucratic tyranny like that displayed by the RCMP this week!