Page 1 of 28 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal gun grab?

Federal gun grab?

Federal gun grab might sound sensational and alarmist but it is time that Canadian Gun owners woke up to the fact that this is indeed happening. We are at the mercy of the bureaucrats who appear to be running the Government. Elections may change Government but the behind the scenes bureaucracy remains unchanged and they work away to their own agenda.

Confiscation due to reclassification is a FACT OF LIFE it is happening. I hate to say it but the RCMP Forensic Lab have to work within the frame work of law, their hands are tied. When a “new” firearm is imported into Canada the lab usually classifies it, they may (Should?) examine a sample, research the manufacturer and render a decision. Their technical report is viewed against our current firearm laws, regulations and court decisions and they issue an FRT as a result. The problem arises when after several years and many thousands of imports the lab re-examines a firearm and issues a revised decision that is different to their original one.

The problem is that the way our laws are written, a reclassification will often result in prohibition. It would be reasonable to expect compensation from the Government, after all the importer received approval from the Government in the first place by the issue of an FRT and classification.

Problem areas as I see it are largely due to our very poorly worded laws and the different ways a legal interpretation can be made. Simply, how a question is worded to a lawyer can result in two different answers, for example: Is there any way we can stop John from doing this? Will result in a different answer to: Is there any way we can let John do this?

Variants, what constitutes a variant of a restricted or prohibited firearm? Depends who you ask!

If a firearm can be converted to fully automatic with “relative ease and time” (Not the exact wording) it is deemed prohibited. This is a terrible court decision, just about any firearm can be converted to full automatic. Most semi auto firearms with a reciprocating charging handle can be converted to full automatic with a piece of string! Where will this end up?

Transparency and accountability is almost nonexistent between the RCMP Forensic laboratory, the Government and the firearms community.

Time for a change in our Shooting Organisations if we want to reverse this trend, while we remain fragmented we are seen as weak! I served as Manitoba President of the NFA for ten years, I worked as a Director with the CSSA for five years, I know Jim Newman who left the CSSA and formed another organisation, based on my experience it is time for these organisations to stop fighting among themselves and unite into one strong organisation. We have a separate Canadian Dealer association, the CSAAA, time for them to re-organise and present a powerful, determined, united front to the Government.

Well said! That about sums up my feelings on this.

Uber Super GunNutz DANCESWITHEMPTIES's Avatar
    Amen, my sentiment as well.
    The key to accuracy is to shoot first & call whatever you hit the target...

If you are not part of the solution, there's good money to be made by prolonging the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by racer111 View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about, but if it isn't made by H&K, it ain't sh*t.

Time to organize and kick some @ss.
    Gun Control: A child's idea of a safe society.

Amen to that.

Take my money to fight this.

in any "democracy", campaign contributions from a lobby = getting **** done

1 organization presenting a unified front would go a long way in achieving this
    All items shipped by canada post expedited with tracking and $100 insurance included.
    Insurance above $100 coverage is on the buyer.
    I'll need to see your PAL for firearms,ammo.

I'm a College student, so money isn't exactly my strong suit, but I'll try my best to help fund the fight.
    I may been born too late to have owned full-autos here in Canada, but I sure as hell wouldn't want my children to be born into deactivated paper weights.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aprilia Man's Avatar
    What's our game plan?

" Time for a change in our Shooting Organisations if we want to reverse this trend, while we remain fragmented we are seen as weak! I served as Manitoba President of the NFA for ten years, I worked as a Director with the CSSA for five years, I know Jim Newman who left the CSSA and formed another organisation, based on my experience it is time for these organisations to stop fighting among themselves and unite into one strong organisation. We have a separate Canadian Dealer association, the CSAAA, time for them to re-organise and present a powerful, determined, united front to the Government. "
    CCFR MDRGC

I am willing to support and help fund efforts to reverse this trend.
    I am also busy writing letters to voice my opinion on this with our various government "members"

***everyone who reads these posts should be writing letters of objection and mailing. Items received in the mail receive more attention and carry more weight with involved parties than those that are emailed. (email as well of course)

Page 1 of 28 1234567891121 ... LastLast