Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 717192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 2007 or later CZ858 Prohib

Quote Originally Posted by 55recce View Post
    1. I would suggest we tone down the rhetoric such as abusing the RCMP and talking about burying rather than giving up. This is a public forum that anyone can read.
    2. Remember this happened with the T97. My original one was confiscated by the police, but every cloud has a silver lining as I was able to purchase a non-restricted version for $300 less.
    3. Sorry to say this but the NFA was not hugely helpful when it came to taking the Type 97 issue to court. I did look into it and decided that unless I wanted to hire a lawyer and go through a huge amount of stress and $ that fighting the system was not going to work. It would be me against the RCMP experts fighting over the legailty of easily converted and other such words.
    4. Eventaully they did reimburse Type 97 owners for the purchase price when they took them away
    5. Remember all the cheering when the long gun registry went away? It was pretty obvious to me that the cost of this would be our ability to own black guns but nobody was in a listening mode......
    FYI RE: Type 97A - One affected owner was chosen as the test subject. Had that test case yielded a positive outcome, all other Type 97A owners would've been covered. Unfortunately, the physical design of the Type 97A trigger did meet the established federal standards of easily converted to full auto. Not what we wanted to hear, but it was a case that still needed to be fought on principle. It would've been irresponsible for the NFA to have funded three dozen separate s.74 challenges, even assuming the org had the resources to do so.

The Swiss Arms and CZ-858 prohibitions will be fought firstly in the political realm, but the NFA has a legal team in place to take this challenge right to the Supreme Court if necessary.
    “...Only accurate rifles are interesting.”
    - Colonel Townsend Whelen

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
    - Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by fireguy View Post
    This is an *excellent* post! The loss of freedom starts slowly and seemingly harmlessly. Civil rights slowly nibbled away until... "Hey, what happened?!? I'm stuck in a dictatorship!"
    THANK YOU Fireguy for GETTING IT! :-) Colonel '72 there figured I was comparing the RCMP's banning of two semi auto rifles to the extermination of 12 million people for Crissakes! No!! Freedom and civil rights and liberties are precious commodities and must be fought for and stood up for, or they will be eroded bit by bit until we have a Caesar! If the RCMP win they will keep going until we're left with rocks and sticks!
    PRACTICE, so there'll only be a Singleshotneeded! :-)

At the very least......If Harper let's his muppet take our property, I want a cheque from the Government of Canada for same!

Quote Originally Posted by mrhigginsdogmodel View Post
    At the very least......If Harper let's his muppet take our property, I want a cheque from the Government of Canada for same!
    History seems to indicate we'll get a "thank you" for bringing in our firearms...still more reason to write your MP, PM, and Safety Minister. I know the thread entitles "non registered to prohibited..." in Gun Talk on HBC has links for the public safety minister and the PM.
    PRACTICE, so there'll only be a Singleshotneeded! :-)

If the worst happens and our CZ 858s start getting confiscated (and if anyone decides to comply with that) strip it down to a bare receiver and give them that only. But until then we have to fight this blatant abuse of power to prevent it from getting to that point.

CGN frequent flyer
    From the front page of the Conservative Party of Canada:

Unacceptable

February 28, 2014

Conservatives have always stood up for law-abiding gun owners.

That’s why I was troubled to learn of a decision made by unelected bureaucrats to prohibit a number of rifles imported from Switzerland.

I want to assure you that I will not let law-abiding gun owners suffer as a result of this situation.

These now “prohibited” firearms had been classified as non-restricted for more than a decade. The RCMP has no idea how many of these rifles exist, and they have not announced any plan on how to deal with those who purchased these firearms lawfully.

I want to assure you all options are on the table to fix this situation. I will also be taking steps to make sure this never happens again.

The actions of these bureaucrats are absolutely unacceptable and I will be announcing concrete measures in the coming days.

Our Conservative Government is on your side — and we will always stand up for the rights of law-abiding firearms owners.

Thank you once again for your years of loyal support.

Sincerely,

Steven Blaney
    MP, Levis-Bellechasse

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CanadianAR's Avatar
    ^^^^^^^^

Nice. It didn't go unnoticed!! That's progress.
    WANTED: Matching German WWII K98k and bayonets.

If anyone does consider turning in their CZ 858s, please make sure you ONLY turn in the stripped receiver, not the barrel or any other parts. And make sure that the receiver is permanently damaged so it cannot be used by the police. Sledge-hammer, angle-grinder, whatever. Worse case ontario perhaps suppliers can import a non-restricted receiver and slap your parts on there.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dad003's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skirsons View Post
    If anyone does consider turning in their CZ 858s, please make sure you ONLY turn in the stripped receiver, not the barrel or any other parts. And make sure that the receiver is permanently damaged so it cannot be used by the police. Sledge-hammer, angle-grinder, whatever. Worse case ontario perhaps suppliers can import a non-restricted receiver and slap your parts on there.
    i was thinking about a thing o nthis do it will work if someone just cut a square to give them the serial number ^^
    »The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.« Thomas Jefferson

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegrossmaster View Post
    Unfortunately true. The NFA does not do nearly enough at anything IMHO. I am a member nonetheless, but I am also a member of the NRA. After paying my membership I never heard again from the NFA, they are so passive it's embarrassing. The NRA however constantly keeps me updated about progress, issues, along with suggestions and motivation on supporting the cause. Hardly any Canadian outside firearms enthusiasts have even heard of NFA, while the NRA is famous for their cause internationally. That is what we need more than ever now, a STRONG, VOCAL, VISIBLE, and ACTIVE organization to take an active (not reactive) role in fighting for our rights. That is, a fight not just to keep our rights and maintain ground, but we need a dedicated force to GAIN rights and FURTHER our position!
    True, the NFA is happy to collect your money but when you need their help, it's some excuse as to why they can't help you.