Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: Surrender or destruction!

We should make a list of members with means of helping destroy receivers, i have a chopsaw and torches and live 40 minutes south east of ottawa, and will chop up a receiver in exchange for a tim hortons coffee.
    Last edited by luc2121; 03-02-2014 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Spelling

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BSG View Post
    Question: Why not hand over just the receiver (cut in half for sure)?

Taking this to the next level, if tomorrow they say you have to hand over your AR's, and we know that registry is still in place, what would be the possible impact of handing over just a stripped and disabled receiver?
    receiver is the only registered part of an AR. Nothing says all the parts and pieces have to be on it, nor that it has to be in one piece if they want it back. As long as the serial number can be read they can verify it was turned in. As for the CZ 858 receiver, why hand them anything? They don't know you've got it and if you cut it, it's not a gun anymore just a paperweight, you could give it to you grandma for Christmas if you wanted to.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

BANNED
    How about keeping the hacksaws in the toolbox until the government has had a chance to review this thing?
    It's Sunday PM.
    Ain't much gonna happen today.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunoholic View Post
    How about keeping the hacksaws in the toolbox until the government has had a chance to review this thing?
    It's Sunday PM.
    Ain't much gonna happen today.
    Exactly, don't cut anything until everything is cut (notice the pun), dryed and the fat lady has sung. Would hate to see someone go all modern art on a nice CZ only to find out they didn't have to.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Quote Originally Posted by 667 View Post
    Full auto is already illegal so... Why then penalize owners for something that "might" happen.
    If you do convert your Swiss Arms to FA and get caught... Then sure, off to jail.
    Until then though.... Why bother with all this BS.
    Ya. Might as well ban all cars that are capable of driving over the speed limit, which is illegal. Just in case someone might.
    Get out your pedal bikes!

CGN frequent flyer
    A more logical example would be to say that government should ban cars because some nut job may run over the pedestrians.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Noodle View Post
    Ya. Might as well ban all cars that are capable of driving over the speed limit, which is illegal. Just in case someone might.
    Get out your pedal bikes!

There are a few threads quoting media reports saying that Blaney signed the order not realizing the scope of what he had done. One report speculated that he had not even read it. Whether this is fact or fiction I don't know. However, it would seem reasonable to me that a change of such magnitude would need a government signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunoholic View Post
    Who, and what party does he/she represent?
    Is he/she a Minister of the Crown?

No but our guns are being carried away by "the police state garbage" and we're kinda hoping that the CPC government won't sit on its hands and let it happen again like they did the other times.
    I can still hear old Vic Toews droning away like a bee in a bottle and doing sweet F_ _ K all.

My bad, should have said minister, not MP. Don't get me wrong, no part of this is acceptable.

My initial reaction to this was "why don't we sell them to our southern neighbors instead of turning them in" and then I thought of ripping them apart down to the receiver and give them that but "damaged beyond repair" with serial number intact. I wonder if part of the desire for them to do this, is so they can get some free new toys in the force or if it is actually more sinister than that i.e. Police State. It's foolish to rule anything out including plan B and C. We must be careful to stay in the confines of the law, and step-up to change them when necessary, and hold those accountable that step-out either by technicality or intent. We need an umbrella law that covers all law, and it should state an intent of the law. So if the intent isn't followed, there are repercussions. So if the intent is to keep out Full auto's then that intent is stuck to - if it is not a full auto without modification, then it is legal period..Or we could just allow full auto's and have a pile of fun shooting them, and do away with this entire problem period..

Quote Originally Posted by Recce21 View Post
    Never hand in a functional receiver. The RCMP can just add it to their inventory for their own use.
    Or give it to thier criminal buddies

Life member, NRA, NFA,CFSS