Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: Surrender or destruction!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Let's ruin their news conference. No photo op.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    John,

Destroying a firearm as you have described is not playing games in my view. Ensuring that it is non-functional and creating the evidence - I would have a notarized witness as well seeing as how things can be photo shopped - while it is still in my possession is protecting myself in the event that the firearm falls into the wrong hands. By turning it in to police, or whatever option is offered to us, there is a small chance that it could go astray and since they are "easily" converted they would be a prime target for theft. If it is somehow traced back to the original owner he or she is in a world of hurt.

I also agree with you about keeping our powder dry and waiting for this to roll out. Mr. Harper was all over the RCMP for the High River Hijack and it really didn't seem to cost him any political capital whatsoever. At some level everyone except the most rabid anti knows that it is wrong to do what we "think" is going to happen; so let's just wait.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Odd Shot's Avatar
    Does anyone how to remove a barrel on a swiss arms upper?

Bravo Zulu, John.

DINK

Quote Originally Posted by luc2121 View Post
    We should make a list of members with means of helping destroy receivers, i have a chopsaw and torches and live 40 minutes south east of ottawa, and will chop up a receiver in exchange for a tim hortons coffee.
    You'll be carting your chop saw all over... Y'know... 'Seeing as no ATT will be issued to transport a Swiss A' .

Id ask for at least that coffee and a bagel.
    Bernie Rhodes knows. Don't Argue

I like the idea of welding a stripped receiver to something large, heavy, and covered in smelly chemicals. If it comes down to that. Make em bring a crane and a HazMat team to come get it.

I might know a welder who'd do that......
    I'm not hiding behind you, I'm using you for cover

^^^ thats funny! weld it to a cargo ship anchor
    NFA member

I think I know this welder you refer to, and I think I know where he will be monday morning. LOL and can testify that he can do exactly as you have suggested....

Quote Originally Posted by zeuce View Post
    ^^^ thats funny! weld it to a cargo ship anchor
    That made me laugh!! HAHA!!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by icabod123 View Post
    There are a few threads quoting media reports saying that Blaney signed the order not realizing the scope of what he had done. One report speculated that he had not even read it. Whether this is fact or fiction I don't know. However, it would seem reasonable to me that a change of such magnitude would need a government signature.

What I always thought and never said.
    As Willy Shakeyspeare would say, "There's something rotten in the state of Denmark"
    If I was a wee tiny mouse and could sneak into RCMP file cabinets how many of the previous ban orders would have "mistaken" Ministerial signatures on them?
    Did Blaney let the cat out of the bag and then try to back peddle?