Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: Surrender or destruction!

Quote Originally Posted by Onagoth View Post
    I like this plan....but if anyone is planning on doing this, I wouldn't post about it online. RCMP is probably all over this site
    actually if you think about it none of this is illegal. in this country the firearm is the reciever. So if you don't have that you don't have a prohibited firearm. Since the CZ858 itself is not prohibited, only certain models and production runs of them, technically someone should be allowed to replace it with a compliant lower anyways.
    Only men of good will are capable of committing the most grievous of sins.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    I like this idea. I think the new receivers should have Molon Labe engraved in them, maybe even the don't tread on me beaver pic. I would buy one just to put it on my shelf. As far as getting the barrel out I would cut it off with a chop saw and turn the whole mess into scrap iron before I gave anything usable to them.
    HA... I was thinking if worse comes to worse and all else fails and the receivers have to be turned in...I would saw it off so I can keep my barrel and then beat the receiver to crap just to be sure it could never be fixed.

And then on what's left I would engrave messages peppered with colorful language expressing my opinion and feelings on the situation.

...being careful not do obscure or destroy the serial number of course... that is illegal.... and I am NOT a criminal.
    Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN!!!
    ------------------------------

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunoholic View Post

What I always thought and never said.
    As Willy Shakeyspeare would say, "There's something rotten in the state of Denmark"
    If I was a wee tiny mouse and could sneak into RCMP file cabinets how many of the previous ban orders would have "mistaken" Ministerial signatures on them?
    Did Blaney let the cat out of the bag and then try to back peddle?

This is just a gut feeling, but I watched his reaction on Sun News when they interviewed him about this, and he didn't sound to me to be either genuine, or outraged. He sounded more like somebody who had something to hide, or was just pretending to give a damn. Why in the F**K did the Conservatives give the minister of public safety job to somebody from Quebec, the most anti-gun province in Canada. In making any pro firearms decisions, even if Blaney is on our side, he's got to worry about his constituents turfing him come next election, something an MP from the Prairies wouldn't have to worry about. That job should have gone to some place like Alberta, Saskatchewan, or Manitoba. Damn I miss Vic Toews. If Blaney signed off on this crap, he needs to be stripped of that position.

Quote Originally Posted by MET View Post
    So there are people who are actually going to give in to "surrender or destruction" ? The government shall win then!
    I have thought long and hard on this since the Swiss Arms was announced. Sure burying them sounded like a good idea but they could never be used or sold anyways so... they win. Keeping them hidden at home puts you at serious risk and makes you a criminal in the eyes of the law so... they win again.

Keeping everything on the gun that can be bought without even needing a PAL(which is everything but the receiver)... a win for us.

Destroying the receivers ourselves so they could never use them... a win for us.

Getting all 858's up an running asap with non-restricted receivers... a win for us.

Making sure our current governments pays the price in lost votes if they let this happen... a win for us.

But we still need to get the RCMP who are responsible for this held accountable and the Firearms Act fixed NOW!!! ...who knows when they will re-classify another ...I'm willing to bet we will see another very soon.
    Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN!!!
    ------------------------------

So here is another think outside the box idea. Can these be legally exported to the US through a licensed exporter? Maybe there is a way for the SA owners to get a few bucks back if someone buys them and exports them legally

Theres no win for us only them if we comply with there bulls-hit,, Slaves will do what there masters ask of them ,, Resistance or live like a coward never knowing what there going to take from you next ,, Sheeps follow ,, then they will WIN , and nothings going to change look up AGENDA 21 Canada and the USA sign on ,,,,I'm not giving up my rights. The rest of the monkeys can do whatever they want...
    Last edited by Goose; 03-03-2014 at 02:52 AM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYLNZ View Post
    This is just a gut feeling, but I watched his reaction on Sun News when they interviewed him about this, and he didn't sound to me to be either genuine, or outraged. He sounded more like somebody who had something to hide, or was just pretending to give a damn. Why in the F**K did the Conservatives give the minister of public safety job to somebody from Quebec, the most anti-gun province in Canada. In making any pro firearms decisions, even if Blaney is on our side, he's got to worry about his constituents turfing him come next election, something an MP from the Prairies wouldn't have to worry about. That job should have gone to some place like Alberta, Saskatchewan, or Manitoba. Damn I miss Vic Toews. If Blaney signed off on this crap, he needs to be stripped of that position.
    Blaney knew effing well what he was signing and I don't think he was the first CPC Minister of Public Safety to surreptitiously sign such an order in the past couple of years.
    Old Toews was as red as a maple leaf in October.
    Red tory from Quebec the Minister of Public Safety.
    The pieces of the puzzle are fitting together to form the picture of a knife in the back.
    Like I was saying before our choices are the death of a thousand cuts under the CPC or the guillotine under the LPC.
    Make sense now?

CGN Regular
    If it comes down to this, I'm willing to provide my chop saw to Swiss/CZ owners in Edmonton on loan.

I agree with Goose and posted this in another thread. After reading through some of the responses here I think it is worth re-posting in this thread. All this defeatist talk about hiding our guns or chopping them up or getting new receivers would be a win for the RCMP and a major loss for us. The following is what I will do regardless of the personal fallout.

I don't think or at least I hope that it will not come to this. Blaney is on public record saying that he will not let this happen and I for one think we should give him the chance. However we still need to keep up the pressure on our MP's and force him to make his promise stand. That being said if in the end the Conservatives let us down the only thing left is for everyone to grow a pair by standing together and letting them know we won't comply with a bad law. Many, many men and women gave their lives for this country and for what they believed in and we owe it to them to not let this happen. I know many here have said they have families and jobs and can't afford to risk it all on this but it's a slippery slope and if you don't make a stand now then when? Will you wait until they pass laws to take your home, your car, your bank accounts? Will you wait until they force new values on your children which will be taught in schools across Canada and tell you that the government or RCMP or school boards know best and to shut up and go along. I'm not a young man anymore and have grandchildren which have changed my life and many of the ways in which I think, it's now all about them and their future and I couldn't care less what happens to me. Everyone has a breaking point and as for myself it has been reached, I will NOT surrender on this one, ever, even if I end up being the only one. We all have to stand for something why not this. It's not even really about the guns at all but about the principle and about liberty and freedom. It's time that everyone sees the bigger picture.

Sigh. I guess getting a new receiver won't be a bad thing. I'm going to weld mine to the biggest piece of steel i can find, might throw some dog poo on it to. I can just use the press at work to get the barrel out.

But don't do anything yet.