Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617181920212224 ... LastLast

Thread: Surrender or destruction!

shoot, shovel, and shut up are words to live by. Lawyers are shooting in our name, so maybe it is time to shovel and shut up.
    WTB:Any Ross rifle parts for all Mks! Looking for original condition Ross rifles, military, sporters, trainers and target rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Onagoth View Post
    I like this plan....but if anyone is planning on doing this, I wouldn't post about it online. RCMP is probably all over this site
    Obviously they will be supplying NR receivers.
    Think Pooh Bear, think!
    "In a free society, we shouldn't need permission to do whatever we want."

Hi John,

First of all thanks for being a beacon of hope in these totalitarian times. In regards to the Swiss Arms, I agree that cutting the receiver would be the best way to go; however what about the SA uppers? Possible to leave in one piece?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Onagoth View Post
    RCMP is probably all over this site
    While drug and gun smugglers run the borders and crack cocaine dealers ply their trade on Jane and Finch with impunity.
    Messing with the law abiding is a lot safer than dealing with real criminals.
    We're the low hanging fruit.
    Back in the 80s they couldn't catch a single Russian spy but had lots of fun doing illegal domestic break-ins until the government had to take the security service from them.
    Their track record hasn't changed much.

Thanks Wolverine for the contingency plan. Obviously we don't want to go this route, but it's a good option is the CPC fails to step in.
    CSSA/NFA Member / Silverdale Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Odd Shot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by martiy View Post
    Hi John,

First of all thanks for being a beacon of hope in these totalitarian times. In regards to the Swiss Arms, I agree that cutting the receiver would be the best way to go; however what about the SA uppers? Possible to leave in one piece?
    the Swiss Arms upper is the "receiver" in this case as it has the serial number

Quote Originally Posted by volkov956 View Post
    Preparing for failure before failure is admitting defeat

Any good plan has an exit strategy.
    At least I am considerate if a bit gun illiterate-BGM

CGN Ultra frequent flyer promac's Avatar

Surrender or destruction!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Freeze View Post
    HA... I was thinking if worse comes to worse and all else fails and the receivers have to be turned in...I would saw it off so I can keep my barrel and then beat the receiver to crap just to be sure it could never be fixed.

And then on what's left I would engrave messages peppered with colorful language expressing my opinion and feelings on the situation.

...being careful not do obscure or destroy the serial number of course... that is illegal.... and I am NOT a criminal.
    Just use a hack saw and cut out the section of the receiver that has the serial number and keep it in case of any future inquiry. When and if a new non-offending receiver is made, hopefully you can use the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGameHunter View Post
    Any good plan has an exit strategy.
    Contingency plans are good insurance & a sound planning practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Shot View Post
    the Swiss Arms upper is the "receiver" in this case as it has the serial number
    I wonder how many gun grabbers would take the SA's lower receiver, instead of the upper receiver? Perhaps what constitutes a receiver could be challenged successfully. Normally, it's the lower receiver that's the firearm. Then give SA's lower & replace with an NEA lower & put a serial number on it.
    Last edited by promac; 03-03-2014 at 01:39 PM.
    Warning: I am not a lawyer; any ideas, views, opinions or advice may be incorrect, incomplete or contain errors and omissions. Anything could seem like at good idea at any given moment. Readers should consult with their legal professionals before taking any action based on the information contained herein.

Used to be that we "Worldproofed" our children. Now society wants to childproof the world.

CGN Regular
    Don't know if this has been asked, and im relatively unfamiliar with the family of rifles, but will CZ components fit in a VZ lower? If so, could you order in a bunch of VZ lowers since they are still unrestricted? Apologies if i missed something glaringly obvious

Quote Originally Posted by StylinMike View Post
    Don't know if this has been asked, and im relatively unfamiliar with the family of rifles, but will CZ components fit in a VZ lower? If so, could you order in a bunch of VZ lowers since they are still unrestricted? Apologies if i missed something glaringly obvious
    Already looking into this but it is plan B, I believe if we keep the pressure up we will not need plan B, write your MP expressing your displeasure, amnesty or not!