Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Surrender or destruction!

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I have seen the barrel pushed into a new receiver in the factory using a 5 Ton hydraulic press, special jigs to hold the receiver were used. The gas block and front sight were then pressed on using different jigs. Not difficult with the right tools, any machine shop sold be able to push out the barrel if damage to the receiver is not an issue, remove the cross pin first. If you want to remove the barrel yourself with no press simply slot the receiver where the barrel is pushed in and it should be easy to remove.
    REDNECK TRANSLATION: 1 acetylene torch, large wooden block, four cans of WD-40, really large sledge hammer, friend with at least one straight thumb for eye-balling the front sight post alignment. (this is for installation).
    1 acetylene torch, four large chains, 4x4 pickup truck, large stationary building platform, semi flat deck trailer etc (this would be for barrel removal)
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Quote Originally Posted by pedja View Post
    The RCMP are over this site. Holy ####. They dont have better things to do???
    Depends on who's definition of "better things to do" you're using!
    There are a lot of great officers out there who do a fantastic job, but it seems that once you get up to the top ranks, you end up having more in common with a politician than a police officer. As a result, common sense flies right out of the window, and too much energy is spent on perceived threats rather than real ones.
    I find it extremely frustrating as citizen to watch them chase their own tails, going after "symptoms" of a problem, rather than the root cause. I find it downright insulting to be classed as a potential criminal simply because I enjoy hunting and shooting.
    I'm a guy who puts time with his family ahead of everything else. I pay my taxes and bills on time. If I see someone on the road with a flat, I stop and help. I shovel my elderly neighbours' driveway and sidewalk without expectation of thanks. Most of the firearms owners I know behave in a like fashion. We are law abiding citizens who undergo regular background checks. So what if we own a firearm that "could be converted" to f/a? Everyone who owns a street-legal vehicle "could" convert it to an illegal state in innumerable ways. The thing is that it isn't a crime until you commit it.
    If I wait for my Transfer to go through before physically exchanging a restricted firearm with a friend in a private deal because it would be illegal to do otherwise, am I the kind of person who is going to convert a firearm to an illegal state simply because it's "possible"?

Everything about this is asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by volkov956 View Post
    Preparing for failure before failure is admitting defeat
    My dad always said 'plan for the best and prepare for the worst'… I think he has more wisdom than you.

Try this again
    Last edited by James131; 03-13-2014 at 12:59 AM.

You need to be licensed to deactivate prohibited firearms and still doesn't allow you to destroy the prohibited firearm. You must take it to the police and have them destroy it. But makesure you get a receipt for it. I tell you this because i am licensed to deactivate prohibited handguns but I must turn over the parts like short barrels for destruction. if I am going to change to a longer barrel. There is no cost.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Yukon1911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James131 View Post
    You need to be licensed to deactivate prohibited firearms and still doesn't allow you to destroy the prohibited firearm. You must take it to the police and have them destroy it. But makesure you get a receipt for it. I tell you this because i am licensed to deactivate prohibited handguns but I must true over the parts like short barrels for destruction. if I am going to change to a longer barrel. There is no cost.
    Good luck getting an ATT to transport a prohibited weapon, the Police usually pick it up at the persons house.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    You need to be licensed to deactivate prohibited firearms and still doesn't allow you to destroy the prohibited firearm. You must take it to the police and have them destroy it. But makesure you get a receipt for it. I tell you this because i am licensed to deactivate prohibited handguns but I must true over the parts like short barrels for destruction. if I am going to change to a longer barrel. There is no cost.
    This is under the rules made up by the RCMP CFP under their authority in regulating your business license.

Those business regulations don't apply to a private individual. A private individual does not even have access to those regulations to become informed as to their content.

What does apply is the Firearms Act

Under the firearms act, a private person is required to report the destruction or loss of a firearm to a peace officer, firearms officer, or chief firearms officer without unreasonable delay.

The firearms act also makes it an offence to destroy a firearms serial number, or possess a firearm with a destroyed serial number.

But don't take my word for it. Read the act yourself.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/a....6/page-1.html

You need to be licensed to deactivate prohibited firearms and still doesn't allow you to destroy the prohibited firearm. You must take it to the police and have them destroy it. But makesure you get a receipt for it. I tell you this because i am licensed to deactivate prohibited handguns but I must turn over the parts like short barrels for destruction. if I am going to change to a longer barrel. There is no cost.
    I am not looking to pick a fight but a lot of what you say is policy not law. I don't know what Province you are in or what conditions you may have on your Business Licence but they are obviously slightly different to what is on ours, which is normal! Your advice is not applicable to everyone who reads this.

There is a huge difference in disposing of a registered firearm versus a non registered firearm. The current situation with the non restricted CZ 858 rifles is unique. The Government does not know, or can not admit to knowing, where these rifles are. If finally prohibited, IN MY OPINION the owner only needs to destroy the receiver, there is no requirement to inform the Government. Leave them guessing as to what the compliance rate truly is.

The solution is much simpler than that. The guns that are not registered should be put in a pelican case and buried in the ground and GPS marked. If they are not registered they don't know you have them and that would be the end of that at least for the non registered firearms. However with that said this is the kind of thinking the RCMP are looking for to support their claim that a gun registry is needed so that the bastards can come get your guns when they want. Bury them in the ground ....... period... then you will not need a stripped receiver to put them back together. In the alternative the CSSA should organise a rally in Ottawa and every single person with a now prohibited rifle or firearm of any sort should show up and say "NO" we will not turn them in.

The RCMP and the Government work for US and it is high time we held both parties accountable. It is also time that the firearm enthusiasts in this country grow some balls. We all sit here cowering in the shadow of one of the most corrupt organisations in North America, yes I mean the RCMP and we put up with their Gestapo methods well I say it is time to stand our ground, it is time to hold the RCMP accountable for ALL their illegal activities including this recent gun grab.

Start a petition ... organise a rally and make an effort to participate because they RCMP are more dangerous to us than ANY FIREARM!!!!!

The firearms enthusiasts represent millions of people in this country and it is time to put political pressure on the Government to clean up the RCMP and end this fiasco. We as firearms enthusiasts have the power to topple ANY elected government, we have the power to make it happen.

It is time for us to quit grovelling to enjoy a sport that is no more dangerous than ice fishing, it is time to stand together and change this horse sh1t.

I say if the RCMP and the rest of the police forces in this country want to ban guns then great and in turn ban police forces from having guns because they won't need them ..... yeah right.

Quit whining, get off your ass and do something about it!!!

I will meet any firearms enthusiast on the front lawn of the Parliament buildings in Ottawa June 18th, 2014 which is a Wednesday and I will stand there and tell the Government NO I will not be subjected to RCMP harassment any longer, NO I will not register anything, and if the Government doesn't listen then I will tell them that my fellow firearms enthusiasts and I will, by political pressure and lobbying vote them out of power. This country is a democratic country and it's function is to represent the will of the people, it is for the people by the people and the solution is as simple as that. If we continue to sit on our asses and allow our REPRESENTATIVES to abuse their power then we only have ourselves to blame.

A perfect example of this power of the people is demonstrated dozens of times every year by the First Nations people of this country and though I do not necessarily buy into all their claims I will give them credit in the fact that they stick together and get sh1t done. The First Nations of Canada are so powerful in their methods that this country spent 8 billion dollars on their issues last year compared to 100 years ago when they spent zero dollars on them and tried to exterminate them. The Government and the RCMP are scared sh1less of the First Nations, I know it and you know it.

Write a letter of complaint and email it to me at sig.3579mm@live.ca and I will organise a rally and get the permits and I will meet you all in Ottawa on June 18th and we will getter done, otherwise just hand your guns in like good little people and take it up the ass like Canadians always do!

The solution is much simpler than that. The guns that are not registered should be put in a pelican case and buried in the ground and GPS marked. If they are not registered they don't know you have them and that would be the end of that at least for the non registered firearms. However with that said this is the kind of thinking the RCMP are looking for to support their claim that a gun registry is needed so that the bastards can come get your guns when they want. Bury them in the ground ....... period... then you will not need a stripped receiver to put them back together. In the alternative the CSSA should organise a rally in Ottawa and every single person with a now prohibited rifle or firearm of any sort should show up and say "NO" we will not turn them in.

The RCMP and the Government work for US and it is high time we held both parties accountable. It is also time that the firearm enthusiasts in this country grow some balls. We all sit here cowering in the shadow of one of the most corrupt organisations in North America, yes I mean the RCMP and we put up with their Gestapo methods well I say it is time to stand our ground, it is time to hold the RCMP accountable for ALL their illegal activities including this recent gun grab.

Start a petition ... organise a rally and make an effort to participate because they RCMP are more dangerous to us than ANY FIREARM!!!!!

The firearms enthusiasts represent millions of people in this country and it is time to put political pressure on the Government to clean up the RCMP and end this fiasco. We as firearms enthusiasts have the power to topple ANY elected government, we have the power to make it happen.

It is time for us to quit grovelling to enjoy a sport that is no more dangerous than ice fishing, it is time to stand together and change this horse sh1t.

I say if the RCMP and the rest of the police forces in this country want to ban guns then great and in turn ban police forces from having guns because they won't need them ..... yeah right.

I will meet any firearms enthusiast on the front lawn of the Parliament buildings in Ottawa June 18th, 2014 which is a Wednesday and I will stand there and tell the Government NO I will not be subjected to RCMP harassment any longer, NO I will not register anything, and if the Government doesn't listen then I will tell them that my fellow firearms enthusiasts and I will, by political pressure and lobbying vote them out of power. This country is a democratic country and it's function is to represent the will of the people, it is for the people by the people and the solution is as simple as that. If we continue to sit on our asses and allow our REPRESENTATIVES to abuse their power then we only have ourselves to blame.

A perfect example of this power of the people is demonstrated dozens of times every year by the First Nations people of this country and though I do not necessarily buy into all their claims I will give them credit in the fact that they stick together and get sh1t done. The First Nations of Canada are so powerful in their methods that this country spent 8 billion dollars on their issues last year compared to 100 years ago when they spent zero dollars on them and tried to exterminate them. The Government and the RCMP are scared sh1less of the First Nations, I know it and you know it.

Write a letter of complaint and email it to me at gabe170@hotmail.com and I will organise a rally and get the permits and I will meet you all in Ottawa on June 18th and we will getter done, otherwise just hand your guns in like good little people and take it up the ass like Canadians always do!

Remember petitions and letters don't mean a pinch of coon sh1t unless you deliver them in person!

Thanks for listening to my rant ....
    Last edited by Infideliceman; 03-13-2014 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Infideliceman View Post

Write a letter of complaint and email it to me at gabe170@hotmail.com and I will organise a rally and get the permits and I will meet you all in Ottawa on June 18th and we will getter done, otherwise just hand your guns in like good little people and take it up the ass like Canadians always do!

Thanks for listening to my rant ....

I have to agree with the comparison to first nations. There are fewer of them then us gun owners, they have less money then us, and lets be honest the majority of the population doesn't really care for them on a personal level because few actually know any. The gun owners are imbedded in every family, community, company, school, etc. I have about 30 cousins that don't shoot, nor are they pro gun. But they wouldn't want me going to jail and they don't have a problem with my guns - because they know me. We SHOULD be a far more powerful lobby group then the first nations people and absolutely - the politicians and cops are scared of them. They are very careful what they do because they fear the protests, the shutting down of train tracks, the hunger protests, the bad press. I am always impressed how much power this small part of our population has. I have never heard of a pro-gun rally on parliament hill happening before but I like the idea a lot. Likely the two organizatons out there think it's a bad idea because it will bring out the anti-gun groups at the same time, or some ding-bat will wear a full camo suit and look like a "terrorist". Gotta be smart about it. You wear a suit to work - wear one here. Family man with kids? Bring out the whole family to it. I think the general population/all politicians needs to see there are a #### load of us, and we are "normal" people.
    UNPROFOR 94/95, SFOR 2001
    Member of the CCFR and CPC.
    If you are not donating $20/month to the CPC then you are not serious about owning and keeping your guns.