Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Surrender or destruction!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by bimex View Post
    Gents, instead of destroying your precious Swiss rifles, why not rather sell them "back" to Europe? I could buy a couple of "complete uppers" myself..
    At this point wouldn't that be against the law?
    7. Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of the person and the right not to be deprived thereof except in accordance with the principles of fundamental justice.

A great point - it is confusing and problematic for all parties. The RCMP should be notifying all CZ858 and non-restricted SAN owners with a letter in the mail confirming that their firearms have become prohibited. In the event of a charge, without a registered letter, the Crown would have to prove that the owner was aware the classification of his/her rifle had changed. This would be difficult.

The only way a letter could be sent out is if records still existed prior to the end of the LGR. Doing this would have extremely serious repercussions. And, this pool of owners would not include those who purchased rifles after the end of the registry.

All this being said, would any individual owner want to risk it by carrying on as if their firearms were still NR and plead ignorance? I doubt it...I for one would not.

Hopefully the amnesty will give the government time to come up with a reasonable plan.

Quote Originally Posted by sewktbk View Post
    This brings up an interesting point everyone should be aware of :
    As it stands, not a single owner of these firearms has been made officially aware by the government of a classification change. So as far as you're concerned, you're still in possession of a non restricted firearm. You don't have access to the FRT, and this new prohibition is nowhere to be found in the criminal code nor the firearms act. You purchased that gun legally, and although you may have heard rumours of reclassification, no reliable, governmental source has confirmed any of it.

You are a citizen acting in good faith.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by icabod123 View Post
    Hopefully the amnesty will give the government time to come up with a reasonable plan.
    Politically this would be a feasible outcome. Even though all of us would love to see the entire firearms act scrapped, that probably isn't realistic.
    One well placed shot is worth a dozen around the edges
    "ACCURACY isn't what you once did, it's what you can do on DEMAND"

Quote Originally Posted by doc25 View Post
    At this point wouldn't that be against the law?
    Dunno, I assume that at least commercial dealers/exporters would be able to get export licenses from your authorities.. I didn't mean selling/exporting without necessary paperwork of course. I've bought and imported some guns from US and that was faster and easier than I expected (well also more expensive, commercial US exporter company made it easy and expensive).

Owners of ALL semi-auto military style rifles, beware! I don't believe that this is the last of the re-classifications. Type 97 owners should be especially concerned, since they took them once already, and could re-classify them at any time for some fabricated reason. They don't need to prove anything to do it. The fact that any federal agency can confiscate legally obtained, private property, without court order or act of parliament, and without fair compensation, is nothing less than theft and is a disgrace on our nation. It is something that we all must realize; we own NOTHING. All of our "property" belongs to our government, since they can take it from us at any time. In the eyes of the RCMP, and the government, we are not citizens, we are slaves and they are our masters.

Surrender or destruction my ass. Im in agreement with one of the posts saying we as gun owners should collectively grow a pair. The fact of the matter is that there are a great deal many more of us than RCMP , and good luck trying to find said guns or any other types they decide reclassify. Yes it may be word of law wriiten by some urban idiots in Ottawa . I guess i'll be an outlaw, and i will keep my property I also know that there are probably a good deal of serving mounties and CF members that also shoot and would not likely go along with this BS. I wonder if there are going to be numerous lawsuits regarding search and seizure based on the LGR data that isnt supposed to exist. I dont own either of these rifles in question, but i have firearms. if it comes down to it they will need to use numerous resources to locate and to seize them from me. This whole situation is a crock, and the funny thing is that the "powers " that be dont even realize that they will be pissing their pants if they awaken the gun owning hoards in Canada.

BANNED
    I dunno boys.

I don't think this is about the Swiss Arms. It is about disarmament. It's about taking away rights.

I recommend non-compliance.

As a member of the CF I do not have a right to openly express political opinion. However I can state that I do not agree with the seizure of personal property that was legally obtained. I am an avid firearms enthusiast and believe that the rights of Canadians are being violated. I sincerely hope that this latest prohibition spurs our leaders to take affirmative action ensuring our rights in the future!

BANNED
    ^^How is that not a political opinion??

The statement does not express any opinion about the current government. Simply an opinion on Canadian rights and a desire to see things improve.