Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4141617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Surrender or destruction!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    Put the liberals in there and you better find another hobby. Remember they are being led by a man who said he admires china and how they can accomplish things with their dictatorship. I don't like a lot of what is going on but come on, if the CPC loses to the liberals or the NDP we are going to be in a world of hurt we won't be able to get back from with our sport and property.
    Guns per 100 residents:

Canada 30.8
    China: 4.9

hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country

Quote Originally Posted by wiener View Post
    The argument is that the firearms were wrongfully placed in the prohibited category. The seizure of the now prohibited firearms is unarguably legal, but the transfer from non-restricted to prohibited is what we all deem ridiculous; lawful but still ridiculous.
    So you are studying law? Well answer me why there is a law in the first place that allows this nonsense? Oh yeah the past several other poorly written stepping stones to get to the place we were at so I ask you Mr. Law tell me how a law or categorization of something if it is initially written in vain with no common sense how can any laws succeeding it that are based off it, be legitimate?

Long story short, find something else to take in school or you will just be a crappy public defender or just quit trolling as said earlier.

No to be rude but there is no room for devils advocate trolls in forums like this. If I buy something that the gov't allowed me to buy (and approved it at any time) then tells me I can't have it because they are going to just to the opposite end of the classification system and reclassify it forgetting that they got rid of the gun registry and they will spend the next decade making the laws tighter to fix there mistake only by then all of the non restricted firearms will have changed hands several times and you will take a lifetime to chase one gun, while innovative individuals will make firearms that abide by the new loopholes, only to have history rinse and repeat.
    At least I am considerate if a bit gun illiterate-BGM

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    A person not holding a prohibited licence while in possession of a prohibited firearm is a crime, and is grounds for reasonable seizure.

The process that made the 858 a prohibited firearm is what is questionable and objectionable.

The purpose of my original statement was to clarify that the Charter of Rights and Freedoms does not protect the citizens in this particular situation. By the RCMP making the 858 a prohibited (which I do not agree with), licence holders without the prohibited designation are now illegally possessing those firearms, which now "legally" justifies seizure.
    Nothing protects us in the country, and it is about damned time we change that. It is up to us to make sure we are protected and that we can protect ourselves. We are "allowed" property on the whims of the government and this is crap.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

We should need a second amendement here in Canada like in USA.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum. Veni vidi vici. Alea jacta est. Molon labe. Vae victis. Deus velox nex. Amat victoria curam. SUNT LACRIMAE RERUM ET MENTEM MORTALIA TANGUNT.

We stand up now for our rights or get ready for the new Royal Canadian Mounted SS, and lose everything

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    Nothing protects us in the country, and it is about damned time we change that. It is up to us to make sure we are protected and that we can protect ourselves. We are "allowed" property on the whims of the government and this is crap.
    Agreed completely.
    The RCMP should only be allowed to enforce the law and create it. By prohibiting these firearms they created a public safety risk by taking away the recreational aspect and creating a scenario where monetary gain was lost, leaving some with the thought that selling the now prohibited firearm will recoup some of the lost costs.

It wouldn't be fair to the rest of the taxpayers for the RCMP to refund the cost of these firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by sparq View Post
    I was thinking about that this morning actually - wondering what it would take to just get everyone new "compliant" receivers fabbed up in case this doesn't go our way. I'm glad someone is already on it
    new fabbed receivers should have a laser etched maple leaf with a circle/slash through it like the no smoking signs, out of protest.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Agreed completely.
    The RCMP should only be allowed to enforce the law NOT create it. By prohibiting these firearms they created a public safety risk by taking away the recreational aspect and creating a scenario where monetary gain was lost, leaving some with the thought that selling the now prohibited firearm will recoup some of the lost costs.

It wouldn't be fair to the rest of the taxpayers for the RCMP to refund the cost of these firearms.
    Fixed it for you
    One well placed shot is worth a dozen around the edges
    "ACCURACY isn't what you once did, it's what you can do on DEMAND"

lol! Thanks, I forgot to proof read.