Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 689101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Surrender or destruction!

Maybe someone on here can answer my question, is an owner of a CZ-858 legally allowed to sell there rifle now that has been prohibited is there a grace period where it's still allowed or something. I'm wondering because I'm seeing a few WTB for 858s

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Yukon1911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mt666tm View Post
    This is a great idea... for a worst case scenario. Pulling the barrel would be a b1tch, but doable. The rest is simple enough.
    It has to be pressed out, see Post #53.

A press and some rigging, 20 ton press will get it done. Hopefully, with what has happened today and what will happen in the future, hopefully nobody will have to press out barrels and change receivers.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Yukon1911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Highland Fusilier View Post
    Maybe someone on here can answer my question, is an owner of a CZ-858 legally allowed to sell there rifle now that has been prohibited is there a grace period where it's still allowed or something. I'm wondering because I'm seeing a few WTB for 858s
    We are now waiting for an official announcement as to exactly what the amnesty will cover, hand on for a little while longer Brother!

BANNED
    Edit.

Cheers Yukon1911 and don't you worry I love my 858. The government isn't gonna get its hands on it. I have already lined up a museum that will take it if the worst happens. Until then I email call and write daily.

BANNED
    amnesty announced for all swiss arms and 858 owners,,,apparently we're good to go for playing with our toys again,,,hope my source was right,,he is a cabinet ministre,,,but who knows,,,RCMP might be loosing some it's grip on the firearms too,,,let's keep our fingers crossed...

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by hootguy View Post
    amnesty announced for all swiss arms and 858 owners,,,apparently we're good to go for playing with our toys again,,,hope my source was right,,he is a cabinet ministre,,,but who knows,,,RCMP might be loosing some it's grip on the firearms too,,,let's keep our fingers crossed...
    NO!!! You are wrong!

An amnesty just means they won't prosecute you for having one, yet... In the meanwhile, you can not use, sell or buy any of these rifles as they are prohibited in the FRT.

The ONLY solution to this whole matter is to see the Firearms Act rescinded & replaced with common sense legislation that respects the rights of Canadians to own and use firearms responsibly. And it MUST be done BEFORE the next election. NO COMPROMISE!

Write your MP, the Ministers of Public Safety and Justice as well as the Prime Minister!

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    NO!!! You are wrong!

An amnesty just means they won't prosecute you for having one, yet... In the meanwhile, you can not use, sell or buy any of these rifles as they are prohibited in the FRT.

The ONLY solution to this whole matter is to see the Firearms Act rescinded & replaced with common sense legislation that respects the rights of Canadians to own and use firearms responsibly. And it MUST be done BEFORE the next election. NO COMPROMISE!

Write your MP, the Ministers of Public Safety and Justice as well as the Prime Minister!

Cheers
    Jay
    I agree we can't let up on the letters, emails and phone calls, but depending on how they word the amnesty, it can still be possible to shoot and use these firearms. It remains to be seen as to how they word them. FRT's are not a law or law. They are a reference sheet and only that.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Amen to that brother! I didnt watch my grandfather suffer for the remainder of his life after fighting for our freedom in ww2. I did not stand up and join the cf to support a tyrannical government. Everyone can do what they want and i will chose the path i want.

Quote Originally Posted by ken 1 View Post
    I agree with Goose and posted this in another thread. After reading through some of the responses here I think it is worth re-posting in this thread. All this defeatist talk about hiding our guns or chopping them up or getting new receivers would be a win for the RCMP and a major loss for us. The following is what I will do regardless of the personal fallout.

I don't think or at least I hope that it will not come to this. Blaney is on public record saying that he will not let this happen and I for one think we should give him the chance. However we still need to keep up the pressure on our MP's and force him to make his promise stand. That being said if in the end the Conservatives let us down the only thing left is for everyone to grow a pair by standing together and letting them know we won't comply with a bad law. Many, many men and women gave their lives for this country and for what they believed in and we owe it to them to not let this happen. I know many here have said they have families and jobs and can't afford to risk it all on this but it's a slippery slope and if you don't make a stand now then when? Will you wait until they pass laws to take your home, your car, your bank accounts? Will you wait until they force new values on your children which will be taught in schools across Canada and tell you that the government or RCMP or school boards know best and to shut up and go along. I'm not a young man anymore and have grandchildren which have changed my life and many of the ways in which I think, it's now all about them and their future and I couldn't care less what happens to me. Everyone has a breaking point and as for myself it has been reached, I will NOT surrender on this one, ever, even if I end up being the only one. We all have to stand for something why not this. It's not even really about the guns at all but about the principle and about liberty and freedom. It's time that everyone sees the bigger picture.
    Id Rather Be Judged By 12 Than Carried By 6

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    NO!!! You are wrong!

Cheers
    Jay
    well said