Ammunition information requested

Western Metal Inc

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Business Member
Rating - 98.6%
72   1   0
We are now up and running (or walking at a reasonable pace) in our manufacturing of ammunition. We would really appreciate getting some information from the CGN members. We need to know what ammunition calibres are in short supply in your area of the country. If you have any questions send them to ray@westernmetal.ca - I will reply but it may take a day or two. Please refrain from asking questions on the thread. If you don't mind - we really need to know where in the country you live.

Last edited:
300 AAC Blackout, though I can understand why it's scarce. If you were going to make some a run of components would probably sell better than fully-loaded ammo.
If it's all the same, .223 brass is probably the better investment, I'd be down to buy a few thousand. Once it gets cut and sized for 300blk there's not really any way to undo it.
In Edmonton.

Last edited:
45 acp 200 Grain TMJ and HP
7.62x51 168 grain (boat tail prefered)
5.56x45 62 Grain
9mm 147 Grain

All in bulk.

45 acp 200 Grain TMJ and HP
7.62x51 168 grain (boat tail prefered)
5.56x45 62 Grain
9mm 147 Grain

All in bulk.

Why the F*** would anyone want TMJ bullets ?!?! why not FMJ????
the onyl differabce is TMJ has a bunch of ####ty cheep metal to make up a sh!t mix of metal for the jacket
FMJ is all copper jacket way better for your barrel..
i dont see why TMJ and brands like wold are so popular,
I spend my hard earned money on nice firearms im not going to run completly #### ammo through them
personally i would rather see quality ammo brought in none of this total metal jacket sh!t mix wearing away rifling.

Why the F*** would anyone want TMJ bullets ?!?! why not FMJ????
the onyl differabce is TMJ has a bunch of ####ty cheep metal to make up a sh!t mix of metal for the jacket
FMJ is all copper jacket way better for your barrel..
i dont see why TMJ and brands like wold are so popular,
I spend my hard earned money on nice firearms im not going to run completly #### ammo through them
personally i would rather see quality ammo brought in none of this total metal jacket sh!t mix wearing away rifling.

I think either you or I are greatly misinformed. My understanding is that TMJ stands for Total Metal Jacket, meaning the jacket covers the rear of the bullet where-as FMJ leaves exposed lead. TMJ is meant to keep the shooter from being exposed to airborne lead particles when the bullets are fired. I've never read anything to suggest TMJ is anything other than copper...

I feel like you're thinking of bi-metal jackets... Which to my understanding are a copper layer on top of a layer of steel, and from what I'VE read here on CGN, it doesn't damage your barrel any more than regular copper jacketed bullets.

you are correct in the fact that the TMJ jacket covers the whole bullet but companies such as wolf use TMJ with bimetal jackets thats what makes wolf so cheep
TMJ are most often of the time Bi metal jacketd

Back
Top Bottom