$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: My Kwik Pin Review

  1. #11
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island BC Canada
    Posts
    137

    Qick rail

    Quote Originally Posted by MagWedge Industries View Post
    KwikPin is included with any order of a rail directly from the website.

    Does Reliable have our rails in stock? Make sure you get the Magwedge KwikRail and not our competitor's version, which lacks many of the features of the Magwedge SKS rail.
    Hi thanks for the reply, Reliable has some rails in stock but are not familiar with the Quick pin. Since I want the pin I think it makes more sense to order direct from your Website.
    Thanks again Bob

  2. #12
    Member compass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    83
    A friend moved his Magwedge Kwik Rail from one SKS to another, and the Kwik pin that was a perfect fit on the first SKS had to be convinced to go in on the second SKS with a rubber mallet. Definitely tolerances come into play for the Kwik pin. Great product.

  3. #13
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island BC Canada
    Posts
    137
    I'm sure that's a likely problem given these are old mass produced rifles. I think though that the quick pin is a good idea once you get it moving in and out easily!! I'm looking forward to getting the rail

  4. #14
    Business Member MagWedge Industries's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    BC Lower Mainland
    Posts
    842
    Quote Originally Posted by compass View Post
    A friend moved his Magwedge Kwik Rail from one SKS to another, and the Kwik pin that was a perfect fit on the first SKS had to be convinced to go in on the second SKS with a rubber mallet. Definitely tolerances come into play for the Kwik pin. Great product.
    I find the best way to deal with a tight fitting pin is to work it from side to side while pushing it in. Needing to use tools to install or remove this parts seems a bit self defeating to me as the pin is designed to be inserted and removed quickly.

    I do find that with regular use a pin gradually gets easier to work in and out of the receiver hole. I suppose emery cloth could assist in acheiving a custom fit to your particular rifle, but be careful not to create too loose a fit.
    SKS KwikRail 2.5 here at last!!!

    Now with free KwikPin!!!


    $59.95




    MagWedge.com

  5. #15
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Vancouver Island BC Canada
    Posts
    137
    Good point definatly don't want a sloppy fit, I'll try your side to side insertion method

  6. #16
    Member compass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by MagWedge Industries View Post
    I find the best way to deal with a tight fitting pin is to work it from side to side while pushing it in. Needing to use tools to install or remove this parts seems a bit self defeating to me as the pin is designed to be inserted and removed quickly.

    I do find that with regular use a pin gradually gets easier to work in and out of the receiver hole. I suppose emery cloth could assist in acheiving a custom fit to your particular rifle, but be careful not to create too loose a fit.
    I worked on my friend's SKS again, the one where the kwik pin would not go in without a mallet. The pin would fit just fine in the receiver pin hole, and also in the recoil spring housing, however when I took a second look and lined up the Kwik rail, the receiver and the recoil spring housing, the recoil spring housing was not lining up 100%. I had to trim one side of the Kwik pin with a bench grinder, then it was a good fit. Thanks for the help Dave from Magwedge. Excellent service.

  7. #17
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    601
    Just a little tech tip.Invest in a firearms hammer,the one with a brass striker side and a screw on nylon striker on the opposite side and a set of inexpensive brass punches for working on firearms with less damage. Hope this helps and personally I would like. It that tight as eventually it will loosen slightly.Thanks--Dieseldog!

  8. #18
    Member compass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseldog View Post
    Just a little tech tip.Invest in a firearms hammer,the one with a brass striker side and a screw on nylon striker on the opposite side and a set of inexpensive brass punches for working on firearms with less damage. Hope this helps and personally I would like. It that tight as eventually it will loosen slightly.Thanks--Dieseldog!
    I have been considering investing in firearms tools, and I think I will. Thanks for the advice dieseldog.

  9. #19
    CGN Regular jmichelin84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Big Land, nL
    Posts
    470
    I love the rail I have the double screw pin stripped easily for me, I would love one of these pins, gotta find lol
    Is it wrong to love the clack clack bang, but wanna run from a click tick lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •