Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any way of getting in replacement receivers for CZ858?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CZ_Brno's Avatar

Any way of getting in replacement receivers for CZ858?

If CZ made up some "legal" receivers for the CZ858 perhaps they could be made non-restricted again? Is that possible?

The hard part would be having to do it yourself with the pressed barrel unless they gave you an ATT to ship it to someone that could replace it for you.

Might be a temp fix though if the clowns prohibited the entire class of VZ firearms in the future anyway.
    Brno Arms had and still has reputation for extremely talented designers, engineers, their DESIGN - WAY AHEAD OF OTHERS, WAY AHEAD OF TIME, UNCOMPROMIZING QUALITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OLD WORLD CRAFTSMANSHIP and long LASTING BEAUTY ~Brnomann

it is legal if the new reciever is. if i was pulling the barrel and it was a certain thing that it will be prohibited, I would just cut the reciever off the barrel, or cut the front of the reciever off. don't give them the satisfaction of getting and destroying any part of the gun..
    The part with the serial is the legal gun, the rest is just parts and accessories.

mr wolverine has already indicated that this is a potential option if all else fails

this is what was said in another thread:

or all of you possessing non-restricted firearms that may become prohibited, this is what I would do if I was you.

First the Government will have to announce how this situation will be handled and then we will have a “grace period” in which to comply, DO NOTHING UNTIL THEN.

If there is no Grandfathering or no compensation, consider the following.

Simply destroy the receiver and take photos. You do not have to report anything to the authorities as you are no longer in possession of a firearm . I suggest you cut the receiver in half then cut out the part with the serial number.

This will leave the Government guessing as to the compliance rate. SWAT teams will not be kicking down doors as there are no LGR to tell them where to go.

I would not hand in a stripped receiver.

I am already making contingency plans for supplying new stripped receivers that would be compatible with your parts kit., this is a worse case fall back plan.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    People, we are a long way from the end of this, let's not even discuss anything less than victory.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5440fight View Post
    People, we are a long way from the end of this, let's not even discuss anything less than victory.
    I would agree with this statement completely.

However, in the event we do need new receivers, I have been stocking up on dremel bits and sharpie markers and old skoda engine blocks!
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

It's a really great idea... and it's exactly how AK's are imported into the US as de-milled parts kits and assembled on US made receivers (with a certain percentage of other random total parts made in US as well).

A last case scenario, yes, but it's a good one!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Holleyman's Avatar
    Any updates from Wolverine on the possible plan to sell 858 receivers?
    If the answer is more government, more laws and /or more regulation, the question must have been pretty stupid.

A barreled receiver would be the way to go. Then you destroy the receiver. Keep old barrel for spare. Add all the parts to
    new barreled receiver. The old barrel could be called parts of a prohibited firearm and you might still have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Olie1217 View Post
    mr wolverine has already indicated that this is a potential option if all else fails

this is what was said in another thread:

or all of you possessing non-restricted firearms that may become prohibited, this is what I would do if I was you.

First the Government will have to announce how this situation will be handled and then we will have a “grace period” in which to comply, DO NOTHING UNTIL THEN.

If there is no Grandfathering or no compensation, consider the following.

Simply destroy the receiver and take photos. You do not have to report anything to the authorities as you are no longer in possession of a firearm . I suggest you cut the receiver in half then cut out the part with the serial number.

This will leave the Government guessing as to the compliance rate. SWAT teams will not be kicking down doors as there are no LGR to tell them where to go.

I would not hand in a stripped receiver.

I am already making contingency plans for supplying new stripped receivers that would be compatible with your parts kit., this is a worse case fall back plan.

Further to my original post: "You do not have to report anything to the authorities as you are no longer in possession of a firearm" may not be correct depending on the status of these firearms at the time. I will seek legal clarification before this becomes a possibility. Right now sit back and wait.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olie1217 View Post
    there are no LGR to tell them where to go.
    Do you really believe that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast