Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Private Clinics on my days off!! 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    Available Monday nights: 07 July, 14 July, 21 July

Still working on a Calgary TSE clinic ..... :DCheers,
    Barney
    Any time in August or September would be awesome for me in regards to Alberta dates!

Hi Barney

I am new to M14's and am thinking about getting a norinco and tweaking it a bit. For ease of transport i was thinking of a side folding stock .
    First of all is there such a thing any pros' con's etc. Also what if any upgrades do you recommend without knowing how well she shots etc.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaPointman View Post
    Hi Barney

I am new to M14's and am thinking about getting a norinco and tweaking it a bit. For ease of transport i was thinking of a side folding stock .
    First of all is there such a thing any pros' con's etc. Also what if any upgrades do you recommend without knowing how well she shots etc.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Dumb question..... have you read my 10 plus years of stickies on the Main Battle Rifle Forum? Head over there and have a long, long, long read! Then come on back an send me PM (private messages) for more advice!

We got your backs!

Barney

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Hey Barney ...
    Got me an almost finished beretta garand sitt'n here .. that really needs it's SA53 barrel snugged up and indexed.
    You still in business mate?.
    (Have JLohr Cabernet, & a funky 'ol 'yota truck ... will travel)

Eat yer hearts out, western gunny brothers ... 'cuz most often, it's us easterners who'er envying youse guys ... but Mr.TT, .. he is our local ace up the sleeve. Bwaahaha!!!

Hope he comes up with some new jokes tho .....

Just spent the evening with Master Yoda! He has my rifle huming. I learned a tone! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to study under such tutelage is a rare thing!
    "I shoot better in the rain" TT

“Be the head of a chicken not the tail of a bull” Toyzone

CGN Regular
    I too spent two fruitful hours with Barney. More than worth the trip! Nothing was particularly 'difficult', but it was reassuring to have someone encouraging you to swing the hammer harder. It was also interesting as I brought up two different Norinco's. Turns out my friends was in substantially better shape than mine! We couldn't get the flash hiders off of either rifle.

That said, the op rod guides are now tight, the gas lock rings shimmed and they're ready to go! Time well spent!!!

Probably the best 2hrs and $22 for a bottle of J Lohr Cabernet you'll ever spend towards your M14/M305.

I happened to luck out on Flash Hider removal, Barrel Indexing (not much needed) & Gas Lock. Barney said buy lottery tickets, cause i was one of the few who escaped the which shop class put this together question.

Those on the fence, need to make the arrangements to help prevent their d*ck loss from the M14 addiction

Thanks again Barney

CGN Ultra frequent flyer just having some fun's Avatar
    I too had a good time

I also learned that my norinco headspace is Go Plus.005 So almost a match chamber on a 20 plus year old rifle

Yes I can use neck sized brass in it too (and I thought it was way way way out )

Cant wait to shoot it again and compair the tightend up gas system

Thanks

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by BioPace View Post
    F that - why bother to move out West without going all the way! BC is where it's at Barney!
    I think the idea of moving to Alberta would be the prospect of actually working a regular job, as well as putting on clinics :P

Plus I don't know if Barney would be allowed to move to BC... I don't think he wears Birkenstocks :P

Yup, I just went there....(I grew up in BC, I'm allowed to bash it a little...)

Business Member
    So, it's the 1st of Feb and Super Bowl Sunday and I took a job for some spare change at Blue Mtn as a Chairlift dude! I work most nights now and in the days I am free. Only temporary until 18 March then I can have you folks over at night once again.

Cheers!

Barney

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast