Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Private Clinics on my days off!! 2016-17

I'm thinking bedding takes too long for a private clinic lesson. If not I'd be interested in having your eye over my shoulder while I give it a go.

Business Member
    I just did a bedding job with a client. Yeah, first 2 hours we did the scribing, masking, routing, and finally bedding. Then the following day he visited me and we knocked the barrelled receiver from the USGI glass stock.

We can do this for you. And yeah, I'm still waiting to hear back from Target Sports Canada in Gormley. Once I get some dates, we can arrange them clinics down at Target Sports in their "Classroom A".

Cheers,
    Barney

Business Member
    Had a client over for a carbine clinic yesterday, 29 Oct and today I've got an M14 client over for a tune up and then a range session for confirmation!

Yahooo!

I am open for many days in November so I have your backs!

Cheers,
    Barney

Business Member
    Happy New Year folks!

Now that we have the holidays behind us and more snow on the ski hills, I'm back working at Blue Mtn as a lift operator (not an M4 Operator) LOL. I can be usually found on the Silver Bullet 6 Pack on Saturday nights and tonight, Monday night, I'll be on the Southern Comfort 6 Pack chairlift!

Thursday nights are the best nights to have you over to tweak your M14 if you would like.

What's happened lately in my retirement from the High School teaching classroom is my new adventure at Georgian College. Time to take on a new learning challenge and study Electrical Techniques at their Midland, ON campus. Yeah, I'm gonna become an electrical apprentice. I cannot stop learning.

I'll still be doing my TT gig on the weekends, I cannot sit still. I'm like my students with Attention Deficit Disorder since I was very hyperactive as a kid growing up.

So you are welcome to give me a shout and we can have you visiting on Thursday nights for an M14 tweak.

Cheers and Happy New Year!

Barney

Another run to the Okanagan planned? Blasted Church winery has some amazing products, I'll get you a case.... I work an 8 & 6 rotation and couldn't get it to coincide with your last clinic here. Will book time off if I get a little heads up. If I showed you some of the valley's locals secret spots you would move to B.C. Just Sayin......

Dirk

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dak47 View Post
    Another run to the Okanagan planned? Blasted Church winery has some amazing products, I'll get you a case.... I work an 8 & 6 rotation and couldn't get it to coincide with your last clinic here. Will book time off if I get a little heads up. If I showed you some of the valley's locals secret spots you would move to B.C. Just Sayin......

Dirk
    ha ha ha ha
    You are doing a great job tempting the poop outta me to move there. Both my boys are on the Wet Coast with their girlfriends and settling in nicely. I've got numbah one son in Victoria and numbah two son in Whistler. They just flew home after Christmas. I need to get sorted out with my Electrician "Apprentice" second career rolling and then we will see what the universe has in store for us.

For those of you who don't know, I am a Hongcouver boy (49th and Cambie Streets) who spent time at Langara on 49th, UBC, and U of A (Edmonchuk) so I know my way around BC really well. Now here's a picture of my 1975 R031 Infantryman course in Camp Vernon (hey, it's my 40th anniversary of being 16 year old recruit with the Westies) with my 2 Commando Instructors.....

And yes, that's a GPMG I'm holding...

We did a lot of course work at the BCD Armouries up the hill from Polson Park (ah the memories)

When I drove by Camp Vernon on 21 Sep 2015, the day before the 22 Sep 2015 M14 Clinic in West Kelowna, I had to dismount and pound out 30 pushups, right by my old barracks (of WW2 vintage). Yeah, they are all boarded up now. Pretty close to Base Transport ; up the hill from the ball diamonds. That's for you BC Interior CGNutz who know Hwy 97 and Vernon fun.

Cheers
    Barney

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Odd Shot's Avatar
    Ongoing learning is good! When are you going to learn to TIG weld???

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Ahh yes Good Ole VACC Spent a summer there in 76. Charlie company up on the hill.

Business Member
    Okay, so my new timetable is going to take some getting used to. Looks like Monday afternoons around 2 PM is the best time to have you M14 lovers and tweakers up here. I am also working at the Blue Mtn resorts chairlift evening shift so Mondays are my only window , then I have to rush off to the Silver Bullet 6 pack chairlift.

So those of you who would like your own private 2 hour session , give me a shout and we can have you up here for a short stint.

Hey Barney

Sounds Awesome, anything available in May or June?
    "IF you plan, work, revise and persist, you can become what others call LUCKY."

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast