Replacement Tavor Barrels: Guage of Interest

What Tavor barrels would you be interested in? Please only pick 1 answer, or #1 & #2

• Interest for NR length

Votes: 215 63.2%
  • Interest for CTAR length

Votes: 67 19.7%
  • Multiple barrels: post how many and what length

Votes: 60 17.6%
  • Not Interested in replacement barrels

Votes: 32 9.4%

• Total voters
So.... Anyway, interesting thread.....
Just put me down for whatever Tavor replacement barrel you can get. If I want a heavy barrel, correct me if this seems far fetched, I could buy a heavy barrel blank for any AR and have my gunsmith fit & finished as required.

"It's not rocket appliances"
Ricky

But there is something wrong with handing someone a short barrel and saying "Go ahead and put this on your rifle! Have fun you kids!"

Why would you like to restrict ownership of a short barrel to canadians, its only a barrel its not a firearm, its completely legal when not installed in the firearm. Instead of whispering and hiding in your gun closets we must be vocal about how stupid our laws are. The long and short of it is we have to many of our rights being stepped on and we dont need fellow citizens telling us what we can and can not buy.

that is all.

I couldn't agree with you more. But at this time we do NOT need any more stupidity from idiots who don't know or neglect to inquire about the laws pertaining to it.
Why would you like to restrict ownership of a short barrel to canadians, its only a barrel its not a firearm, its completely legal when not installed in the firearm. Instead of whispering and hiding in your gun closets we must be vocal about how stupid our laws are. The long and short of it is we have to many of our rights being stepped on and we dont need fellow citizens telling us what we can and can not buy.

that is all.

that is all.

Guess you don't realize that he owns a spare short barrel for his NR Tavor? You definitely missed the sarcasm. Preaching to the choir.

I'm in for both. I think there's still a 300BLK project to be done!
I have been working on the 300aac conversion for a while, not sure most people will be willing to pay the price for it.
A heavy barrel in any caliber would require a custom gas block that IWI would have to make, not sure that's likely.

what about getting a barrel for a first gen Tavor from the Canammo import , its has the mounting point for the Meprolight sight , can i get a spare ?

As far as I've seen all the current Tavor's still have that mounting point on their barrels. The hard part is finding your Mepro 21 mount:

8369536139_21a49122c3_b.jpg

Sorry as to coming off as I bit of a jerk, I sometimes shorten my replies for the internet, to save time and sometimes miss seeing how it can be taken!

Now for the long answer! Yes, I love the idea of the CTAR barrels! But I am just relaying the message and obviously we dont want to draw any more attention to modern sporting rifles at this time, or any time...

This is a epic fail, by having a restricted barrel or a modern sporting rifle we need to hide in the shadows even thou no laws are broken.

The American gun culture is in healthy shape today by having ambassadors such Travis Haley and Chris Costa who are very marketable polished pushing the Recoil magazine type style, but Hick45, Nutnfancy, Cory and Erika even I hate to say it FPS Russia on youtube all do a great job on getting different elements in society interested and into shooting sport and firearms ownership.

If firearms owners want to grow as a community and have laws written in our favour here in Canada, we need to get past this fail early 90's mentality we have the power, it is by engaging the non gun owning public and not allowing our enemies to create the perception of who owns guns. Not sure why we accept private rules to be written on top already over zealous laws we have to deal with. I am somewhat glad I am a former Tavor owner.

Back
Top Bottom