Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Everyone should own an AR!

I don't need another AR. I don't even know if I really want another AR right now - to many other projects on the go. Then you do this, and the next thing I know - I've ordered one. Eventually the other projects will get finished, and at this price how can I lose - Right??? May want to build an AR in 5 years, and what price will they be then? Aw, to heck with it, it's ordered - I'll justify later.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    It's a True North Patriotic thing to sell Black Rifles at a decent price. Kudos.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Can someone explain what all is involved in a full at build? Apart from standard accessories (grips, stocks, hand guards, etc). Do I need a trigger group? Bolt & bolt carrier? Or is all this in an upper?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Builds are covered on YouTube or in detail at http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_3/4_.html. They are step by step. This lower gets you in the club but you need the right tools and all the parts.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    Builds are covered on YouTube or in detail at http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_3/4_.html. They are step by step. This lower gets you in the club but you need the right tools and all the parts.
    With a minimum of tools and expertise, you can kit out the lower and buy the upper of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by rethius View Post
    Can someone explain what all is involved in a full at build? Apart from standard accessories (grips, stocks, hand guards, etc). Do I need a trigger group? Bolt & bolt carrier? Or is all this in an upper?
    For a first build you would probably want to get an assembled upper with bolt carrier group and charging handle.

To complete the lower, you'd have to get a lower parts kit (includes "trigger" or fire control group) and a full stock assembly (includes buffer tube, buffer, buffer spring, receiver plate, castle nut, and stock).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dustin's Avatar
    ordered... good thing I'm single!
    Political Correctness offends me

"It hurt my feeling (I only have one left)"-Stormbringer

I need more Colts...

Just got into the AR world. Buddy texts me. About these , I end up ordering one. Now I guess I'm in the AR world with both feet. Time for a first build to add the the Norc

Augh!! On the fence. Already own two ars
    Practice makes you perfect, it also makes you broke!

Quote Originally Posted by zelly View Post
    Augh!! On the fence. Already own two ars
    Same here... Ordered one anyway. For $90 I couldn't say no. Guess I've got the AR bug!