Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Show us your CQA

[QUOTE=5kong ps. The Magpul Gen M3 mag I bought for it couldn't slip out freely when you push the mag release.[/QUOTE]

I had a few pmags that did the same. Flattened out the rivet a bit and they were fine. Some of the rivet heads were larger than others.
    Anxiousness is the axeman of accuracy.
    IPSC and 3gun.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer geologist's Avatar
    "Conservation is the mark of a dying civilization. When your technology is not increasing at the same rate as your population growth you are done. Bring on the next contender.".

Quote Originally Posted by kage123 View Post
    Here's one i got from you a few months back. Sorry not the best pics.

I should note that the rifle functioned flawlessly without any modifications, the modifications are just because i enjoy doing it and weren't in any way necessary. The finish on the rifle was better than i was expecting. I won't say the finish was PERFECT, but it looks like any rifle would after using it a bit. For the price i don't think you can beat this AR. The gains from getting a rifle that's 2x or 3x the price aren't that huge. If you are looking to spend 1k+ then awesome, but if you want a rifle you know is going to work, and are conscious of the price... the CQA is for you!

Here's the list of non-stock parts on it.
    • YHM 5C2 flash hider (The color of it is much lighter than the rifle... might replace it)
    • Vortex SPARC red dot sight
    • Magpul MBUS backup sights
    • Magpul MAID grip (should have just gone with the MOE since thats the configuration i run it in)
    • Magpul ASAP sling mount
    • Diamondhead USA VRS-T free float hand guard (i love this BTW very comfortable)
    • Rainier Arms Raptor charging handle
    • Vltor low profile gas block
    • other odds and ends you can't see

love the look. How much $$$ did you throw into this rifle minus the optics? I want to get a norinco but I much prefer the monolithic rail.
    "Where there was freedom, there will now be security; where there was individual liberty, there will henceforth be the interests of the state and where there was due process, there will be almost casual executive discretion." - C A GEARTY

My CQ311-1
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by mister308 View Post
    love the look. How much $$$ did you throw into this rifle minus the optics? I want to get a norinco but I much prefer the monolithic rail.
    The rail setup probably cost 300$ (rail, gas block, replaced the gas tube while at it)

I haven't really kept track of how much I've spent, its just been part at a time as i find something i like.
    I've probably spent more now than just purchasing a higher end rifle. But i see it more as a hobby, and enjoy that i got to choose every part.
    I'll probably just keep replacing parts one at a time until its a completely different rifle, then assemble the norc back up into its original parts and have two AR15's.
    Some people have asked me why i didn't just buy a high end ar15 from the get-go.

1) there was no single "stock" rifle that was exactly what i wanted
    2) I didn't want to wait for months while saving up money and collecting parts to do a build, this way i get to do my build but still use the rifle along the way.

Word of advice if you decide to put a rail on a CQ-A and need to remove the FSB. Save the time and go straight to the dremel

Quote Originally Posted by neoconfection View Post
    Have you tried with a USGI mag?
    The mag come with it runs perfectly. It supposed to be usgi mag right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rust View Post
    I had a few pmags that did the same. Flattened out the rivet a bit and they were fine. Some of the rivet heads were larger than others.
    Thanks for the tip. Gonna try it later.

Quote Originally Posted by Rust View Post
    I'll second that. Same thing happened to me. A few passes of a file fixed it. Just don't file off too much of the rivet.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    "Lions need not concern themselves with the opinions of lambs"
    Member of CCFR.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone ranger's Avatar
    I was extreamly happy with this one. very accurate never jammed. 100% good.!!
    A victimless crime is a term used to refer to actions that have been ruled illegal but which are argued not to directly violate or threaten the rights of any other individual.

Just tried the file off rivet tip. It works like a charm. Appreciate a lot about it, guys. :D

All mine got was a 3x20 handle scope. 10 LAR mags with couplers.

100 rounds at the range and no issues. Got it reasonable at 100. Now to spend some time and get even better.

Thanks John.
    If your ad in the EE is for an item that is sold, do us all a favour and mark the header PLS REMOVE.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast