Show us your CQA

johntwo

Expired Business
We have been hearing some great things about our new batch of CQA rifles, but now we want to see them.

Post some pictures of your new pimped out CQA

We may even post some of ours :p

Here's one i got from you a few months back. Sorry not the best pics.

I should note that the rifle functioned flawlessly without any modifications, the modifications are just because i enjoy doing it and weren't in any way necessary. The finish on the rifle was better than i was expecting. I won't say the finish was PERFECT, but it looks like any rifle would after using it a bit. For the price i don't think you can beat this AR. The gains from getting a rifle that's 2x or 3x the price aren't that huge. If you are looking to spend 1k+ then awesome, but if you want a rifle you know is going to work, and are conscious of the price... the CQA is for you!

Here's the list of non-stock parts on it.
  • YHM 5C2 flash hider (The color of it is much lighter than the rifle... might replace it)
  • Vortex SPARC red dot sight
  • Magpul MBUS backup sights
  • Magpul MAID grip (should have just gone with the MOE since thats the configuration i run it in)
  • Magpul ASAP sling mount
  • Diamondhead USA VRS-T free float hand guard (i love this BTW very comfortable)
  • Rainier Arms Raptor charging handle
  • Vltor low profile gas block
  • other odds and ends you can't see

6VpPEV2l.jpg

cf84geul.jpg

Nice comment, kage123. That's what I thought too. I just got the rifle yesterday then did a disassembly and initial cleaning last night. As far as I can tell the fit and finish is pretty good. It does have some kind of wobble between upper and lower receiver but not bad in my standard. Other parts are tight and dandy. I'll hit the range some day to see how it works. As kage123 said, stay away if you expect thousands dollars state of art quality rifle, but if you want a work horse with a good looking in a economical way this should be a good choice.

ps. The Magpul Gen M3 mag I bought for it couldn't slip out freely when you push the mag release.

Last edited:
Here's mine how she sits at the moment. Magpul RVG, CTR stock, MOE grip and trigger guard, MBUS and gen 3 pmags. Saving up for optics/waiting for the SPARC 2.

My wife's Marstar M4...
photo-302.JPG

My Marstar M4...
photo-292.JPG

GREAT guns! And, since these pics, we have added Elite 6500 1.25-8 scopes with GG&G QD mounts. We can print pretty good groups with this setup!

Cheers
Jay

5kong ps. The Magpul Gen M3 mag I bought for it couldn't slip out freely when you push the mag release.[/QUOTE said:
I had a few pmags that did the same. Flattened out the rivet a bit and they were fine. Some of the rivet heads were larger than others.

Here's one i got from you a few months back. Sorry not the best pics.

I should note that the rifle functioned flawlessly without any modifications, the modifications are just because i enjoy doing it and weren't in any way necessary. The finish on the rifle was better than i was expecting. I won't say the finish was PERFECT, but it looks like any rifle would after using it a bit. For the price i don't think you can beat this AR. The gains from getting a rifle that's 2x or 3x the price aren't that huge. If you are looking to spend 1k+ then awesome, but if you want a rifle you know is going to work, and are conscious of the price... the CQA is for you!

Here's the list of non-stock parts on it.
  • YHM 5C2 flash hider (The color of it is much lighter than the rifle... might replace it)
  • Vortex SPARC red dot sight
  • Magpul MBUS backup sights
  • Magpul MAID grip (should have just gone with the MOE since thats the configuration i run it in)
  • Magpul ASAP sling mount
  • Diamondhead USA VRS-T free float hand guard (i love this BTW very comfortable)
  • Rainier Arms Raptor charging handle
  • Vltor low profile gas block
  • other odds and ends you can't see

6VpPEV2l.jpg

cf84geul.jpg

love the look. How much $$$ did you throw into this rifle minus the optics? I want to get a norinco but I much prefer the monolithic rail.

love the look. How much $$$ did you throw into this rifle minus the optics? I want to get a norinco but I much prefer the monolithic rail.

The rail setup probably cost 300$ (rail, gas block, replaced the gas tube while at it)

I haven't really kept track of how much I've spent, its just been part at a time as i find something i like.
I've probably spent more now than just purchasing a higher end rifle. But i see it more as a hobby, and enjoy that i got to choose every part.
I'll probably just keep replacing parts one at a time until its a completely different rifle, then assemble the norc back up into its original parts and have two AR15's.
Some people have asked me why i didn't just buy a high end ar15 from the get-go.

1) there was no single "stock" rifle that was exactly what i wanted
2) I didn't want to wait for months while saving up money and collecting parts to do a build, this way i get to do my build but still use the rifle along the way.

Word of advice if you decide to put a rail on a CQ-A and need to remove the FSB. Save the time and go straight to the dremel

All mine got was a 3x20 handle scope. 10 LAR mags with couplers.

100 rounds at the range and no issues. Got it reasonable at 100. Now to spend some time and get even better.

Thanks John.

Back
Top Bottom