Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New SAM Pricing!

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Thanks for the honest assessment. I like simplicity myself. Good sights, good trigger, reliable, and I'm happy.

I'm a left hander with big mitts and long fingers. I shoot an SR1911 now, with some degree of competency. I was thinking of a 9mm 1911 because none of the modern type 9mms are big enough for me to hold properly, especially with regards to having too little reach to the trigger.

The omega looks like it has a longer trigger than the enhanced. Is this the case?

I'm just trying to justify the pistol that I like the looks of best

Think I'm going to have to wait for a sale, though, or at least until I sell my Beretta-ish (clone)
    After about 400 rounds or so the SAM's smooth out wonderfully. The trigger pad on the Omega might be a little longer but if it is it wouldn't be by much.

The 1911 is one gun in which lefty shooters actually have an advantage.

While most right-handed people have to shift their grip to reach the slide stop or mag catch, left-handed people can simply reach up to the slide stop and down to the magazine catch with the trigger finger.

This not only takes your finger off the trigger, you don't have to shift your grip.

We can also do a layaway for you if you are interested.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

I bought a SAM Thunderbolt right when they were first coming in (Serial number is less than 10). I've since put through over 3000 rounds (1000 norinco, 500 hand load, 1000 Tulammo and 500 random brands from the stores). So far I've had 2 fail to fire (1 hand load and 1 Tulammo) that I can remember and only 1 FTE, but racking the slide fixed the problem.

It gets cleaned after every outing (50-100 shots per) and I take it completely apart every 1000 rounds or so.

The only issue I've really had is the rear sights have slid halfway out once, but I think it happened over time and I didn't notice, it was early on when I was just getting used to shooting a .45ACP, so accuracy was all over the place anyway.

I would have no problem ordering another SAM (Likely will get an SS Enhansed).
    The best gun control is to breath deeply in, then let half the breath out, and squeeze, not jerk, the trigger.

I was one of the Lucky ones to buy the Omega .40 for 399.00. The mag you get with the gun is marginal, and the Norinco mags are junk. Lots of ftf...fte. I bought 4 Tripp Cobra10 round mags for The gun, and never had a feed or eject problem since. The mags stick out the bottom of the gun some, but it doesn't bother me at all. This was my first 1911, and I am really happy with it now. The last 400 or so rounds through the gun have been trouble free, the trigger breaks nice and is just fine right out of the box. Currently my favorite pistol to shoot.
    Noli Illegitimi Carborundum
    Member: CSSA, CCFR

μολὼν λαβέ

BANNED
    SAM? Surface to Air Missiles? When did that happen?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    After about 400 rounds or so the SAM's smooth out wonderfully. The trigger pad on the Omega might be a little longer but if it is it wouldn't be by much.

The 1911 is one gun in which lefty shooters actually have an advantage.

While most right-handed people have to shift their grip to reach the slide stop or mag catch, left-handed people can simply reach up to the slide stop and down to the magazine catch with the trigger finger.

This not only takes your finger off the trigger, you don't have to shift your grip.

We can also do a layaway for you if you are interested.

I end up using my middle finger on the controls, since my digits are pretty long. About the only unfriendly thing on most of the more affordable guns is the lack of a left friendly safety.

When riding season comes I'll make a day trip out to have a look and see what my options are.

What is the difference between the thunderbolt stainless and the v2 model?
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    Polished frame on newer production I believe.

Aww you had me all exited for a second, I've always wanted my own SAM

Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mildcustom2 View Post
    Polished frame on newer production I believe.
    Yep, the V2 is shinier. Just got this one last week and I'm very happy with it so far. It's tight and runs very smoothly. Wolverine gave me a store credit as I'd bought it just before the price drop, too.

Crappy cell phone pic:

Whatever

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Yep, the V2 is shinier. Just got this one last week and I'm very happy with it so far. It's tight and runs very smoothly. Wolverine gave me a store credit as I'd bought it just before the price drop, too.

Crappy cell phone pic:

Is it just the frame that is shiny or is it the slide too?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast