Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Now IN ! Sig 226 Long Dust Cover (LDC) Now Shipping To Dealers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Callahan View Post
    Can MD Charlton or anyone in the know explain why those LDC's that came in recently have the plain P226 "Legacy" grips instead of the E2 grips that comes standard on the LDC from the Sig GmbH factory?
    i was wondering that as well. There was a swap somewhere. Frankly though, I prefer the legacy grips

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Callahan View Post
    Can MD Charlton or anyone in the know explain why those LDC's that came in recently have the plain P226 "Legacy" grips instead of the E2 grips that comes standard on the LDC from the Sig GmbH factory?
    If you check the first post of this thread, you will see the list of features includes 'hand-stippled legacy grips'. I have not seen the gun in person yet, but I will be relieved if it does not have the E2 grips. I despise the E2 grips.
    Cathy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Harry Callahan's Avatar
    I've seen the pistol and they don't have the E2's. Some dealers have listed the pistol with E2's and others with the Legacy. I guess that the ones that came in had them E2's swapped to Legacy grips when the got here. Hope the dealers that have the description wrong will make correction so no one is deceived about not getting what they ordered.

"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

- Albert Einstein, Observer, Jan. 15, 1950

Quote Originally Posted by MD Charlton View Post
    Now Delivering to Dealers !!! Limited QTY's !!

We are excited to announce the new 226 LDC! Sig Germany has secured a limited quantity of this new pistol for us, which will be shipping late May/early June. Just in time for the summer shooting season! For you IPSC shooters, this model is already on the Production list.

Specs on this pistol:

• DA/SA Trigger SRT (new, shorter re-set)
    • Adjustable Triggerstop
    • Long Dust Cover
    • Hand stippled legacy grips (not E2)
    • Black PVD Coated
    • 1913 Rail
    • Skeletonized Hammer
    • Hiviz Front Sight
    • Adjustable Rear Sight

Please visit your dealer ASAP to place your order; the next shipment will not be until August/September.

Teaser pic form IWA this year:
    That's nice...how about focusing on delivering the Sig Legion SAOs that customers have been waiting for???

Quote Originally Posted by crackberry View Post
    That's nice...how about focusing on delivering the Sig Legion SAOs that customers have been waiting for???
    Please don't contaminate this thread with mention of the legion.... ;-)

CGN Regular
    I've seen one now--does have the legacy grips, very similar to those on the old style X Five Tactical. It is a very nice pistol!
    Cathy

I shot my LDC yesterday and they have the legacy grips. I don't remember the LDC I on the German site having an E2 grip but I do know the LDC II has the E2 grips now. It is a very close comparison to my X5 allround though and shot them side by side. I must say my X5 narrowly beat it out which is probably attributed to the 5" barrel and longer sight plane. Other than that, the LDC had lower muzzle flip and shorter rest trigger. If the rear sight blade was larger on the LDC for faster target acquisition I might chose the LDC over the X5.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Harry Callahan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anoxia View Post
    I shot my LDC yesterday and they have the legacy grips. I don't remember the LDC I on the German site having an E2 grip but I do know the LDC II has the E2 grips now. It is a very close comparison to my X5 allround though and shot them side by side. I must say my X5 narrowly beat it out which is probably attributed to the 5" barrel and longer sight plane. Other than that, the LDC had lower muzzle flip and shorter rest trigger. If the rear sight blade was larger on the LDC for faster target acquisition I might chose the LDC over the X5.
    Thanks for the side by side comparison. Is the trigger pull weight lighter on the LDC?

"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

- Albert Einstein, Observer, Jan. 15, 1950

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    Are there any dealers in B.C. that has one ? Wanstalls ? Reliable ?
    Last edited by MustangFrank; 10-30-2016 at 02:24 PM.

Without an actual gauge to measure this, its subjective but it seems the SA is lighter if ever so slightly on the LDC. The LDC DA weight might be a bit more but I honestly wasn't paying attention to DA. I will take better note the next time I'm at the range.