Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Now IN ! Sig 226 Long Dust Cover (LDC) Now Shipping To Dealers!!

Bit of an update for all that are (semi) patiently waiting for their new LDC: the German Government is very much taking their time issuing export permits to Sig at the moment.

I hope we will see this shipment soon. However, we do not have a current timeline for delivery.

Regards,
    MDC
    MD Charlton Co.
    Sig Sauer Master Distributor and Canadian Warranty Center

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by anoxia View Post
    Any word on German export or did they drop everything to drink beer and watch the world cup?
    Is that a serious question?
    Stupidity is its own punishment.
    “The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride,”
    ~Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    MD Charlton, could you advise when any dealer in B.C. might have one to look at in person. I just can't buy something like this without having one in my hand first. Most interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by MustangFrank View Post
    MD Charlton, could you advise when any dealer in B.C. might have one to look at in person. I just can't buy something like this without having one in my hand first. Most interesting.
    Unfortunately, we are yet to receive this model in country. Hopefully the LDC (along with X-Five's and 210's) will be here soon.

Regards,
    MDC
    MD Charlton Co.
    Sig Sauer Master Distributor and Canadian Warranty Center

CGN Regular
    Any update? Was originally going to get the p226 enhanced elite, than I saw an ad for this badboy on the Calibre magazine. This has all the features I wanted!

CGN Regular
    I don't know about the need to reduce muzzle flip in a 226 but it's a pretty pistol and the SRT, finish and grips make it very attractive....less so the other features but that's an individual opinion
    jl

------------------------------------------------------
    215516082009PST

I don't believe in cross-specie hunting.
    It's 3.2 kilos, not 30lbs and it only creates 7 lbs of overpressure in the immediate area....and you only bled from ONE ear that ONE time...pussy!

Quote Originally Posted by juliet lima View Post
    I don't know about the need to reduce muzzle flip in a 226 but it's a pretty pistol and the SRT, finish and grips make it very attractive....less so the other features but that's an individual opinion
    You are basically getting a heavy P226. The weight is almost identical to the X5 allround. The weight alone will help reduce the recoil but seeing that the LDC is not as long as the X5 there is more weight in the front end. Like I said before, if you crossed an X5 allround with a Shadow SP-01 you would have the LDC.

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    I'm probably going to kick myself, but I couldn't wait and ordered an X-5 Tactical instead. Now waiting for it.

CGN Regular
    This was the reply I got, looks like it could be a long wait....will most dealers refund your deposit if they are unable to obtain the item?

"Unfortunately, the German export authorities have not been issuing permits to ship goods of this nature outside of the European Union. As a result, the supply of X-Series, 226 LDC and P210 pistols and SSG rifles has been affected.

We do not currently have a timeline for the successful resolution to this problem. We are in regular contact with Sig Sauer in Germany, who is very motivated to resolve this matter as quickly as possible.

If you would like first crack at the LDC when it does arrive, I would suggest that you contact your local dealer and put one on pre-order. Many dealers already have orders in for this pistol and we will be filling whatever allotment we get on a first-come first-serve basis."