I Love Everything About P&D Enterprises But Their Website

Phil and Diane are gun geeks, not computer geeks - and I am glad of it! I've spent thousands in that shop and haven't regretted any of it. They are easily one of the best suppliers advertising on CGN and no bones about it!

However...if I were to pick nits, I might suggest they emulate the boys over at Prophet River as far as websites go, or maybe the guys at Wolverine Supplies. I like the fact that if they have a gun for sale, they almost always have a picture of it and some of them can be embiggened for detail views and different angle camera shots. I like to drool and kick tires when I shop and those websites allow me to do that. It is not a big deal, though, if I have any questions I can pick up the phone but usually I would rather just drive over and visit. Questions are an excellent excuse to drop in and pick up other supplies and harass the clerks and other customers.

I've looked at P&D's site before many times over the last few years. Never ordered anything though because it's a little messy. If they had a site like SFRC, Wolverine or CanAm I very likey would have ordered some items from them by now. They do seem to have good inventory.

I've purchased two guns and a scope from P&D. Being a computer guy, a site with a shopping cart would be nice. But if you do call they're very helpful in setting you up with what your looking for. I would shop there again though I hate using the phone.

P&D is the best! Went there to look for ammo a few times. Got 500rds of Dirty Bird AR223 for $250! and last week needed some 9mm for the CHAS 3 gun and they hooked me up CCI brass blazer 500 rds for $155. Not bad considering I didn't have to pay for shipping, wait for the canpar guy to sneak buy without buzzing, and take off work to go pick up the package! Thank god P&D is only a 5 min drive!!! :dancingbanana::dancingbanana:

Boy do you have that backwards as Dianne is the clear boss and driving force of our business and I want to take more time off work. Thanx for the feedback on our store and website. I have been away most of the past month as we just moved to a new house and there was much to do on my part. We are a traditional gun store with the vast majority of our sales going hand to hand and a much smaller number going out mail order. A new website is in the plans for this year but so much of our resources have been spent finding and buying inventory (thats why we have so much in stock while others are out) that we have had little time to develop a better site. Edmonton is a very competitve retail environment with lots of box stores, ranges and smaller retail gun stores however the greater Edmonton are is over 1 million people. We currently employ 24 staff on top of the four owners who are in the store most days. In the future we may have to change our model to a fullfilment house based on a strong website and reduce or eliminate our store front to keep competitive. So far however our current model is working well as sales our up every month. Sales will dictate when and where our business will go. Phil.

I dont see why you would need to close the store front, online sales just mean more sales, ie more business and money. Am i missing something? Wolverine, Wanstalls all have online sales as well as walk in store front.

You take phone orders and ask all these questions to fill out a form when buying stuff, why not have all that set up online, it would free up people as all the info is entered by the customer, all you have to do is process and ship.

Just an idea. As long as its working for ya then kudos.

Awesome Experience.

I finally pulled the trigger and bought me a Sig M400 from P&D (my first AR) Must admit I was in there 3 separate times looking and fondling all they have on the wall. Richard has been super helpful and patient with me. The transaction was super smooth. I know there are other places advertising for slightly cheaper but the amount of time and education I got from their staff I felt it is worth it. But most importantly having touched and felt the rifle before I bought is important to me so buying online would not have been an option.
Phil/Diane please give Richard a pad on the cheeks. :dancingbanana:

I finally pulled the trigger and bought me a Sig M400 from P&D (my first AR) Must admit I was in there 3 separate times looking and fondling all they have on the wall. Richard has been super helpful and patient with me. The transaction was super smooth. I know there are other places advertising for slightly cheaper but the amount of time and education I got from their staff I felt it is worth it. But most importantly having touched and felt the rifle before I bought is important to me so buying online would not have been an option.
Phil/Diane please give Richard a pad on the cheeks. :dancingbanana:

Done. Phil.

Sometime I want to save the trip and the gas and be able to see what you have online, order it and be done with it. I do 99% of my buying this way. Two hour round trip or more is not cost effective as compared to shipping. I do like to come in and drool in the store once in a while and enjoy the great service provided at P&D Enterprises however! Got my RPAL in June and was in there the next day! Good people there!

I'm ok with having to call or email my order in but it would be nice to be able to do the browsing online...In a recent thread, it was mentioned that they have a few Cadex chassis in stock but when I went to the website, Cadex is not even mentioned on the brands we carry page. I am not ready to buy for a few weeks yet but wouldn't mind planning without needing to waste their time with a phone call or email if what I'm looking for isn't available. The sections that are on the website, are laid out very well and as was already said, very quick to browse the firearm inventory. I can understand not listing every little part they carry as that would be time consuming but the big ticket items, like a Cadex chassis, might move quicker if customers could see its existence. Of course maybe they like talking to the people calling and don't mind the distraction...

On that note: Could you PM me which chassis do you have in stock and their prices?

Last edited:
I'm ok with having to call or email my order in but it would be nice to be able to do the browsing online...In a recent thread, it was mentioned that they have a few Cadex chassis in stock but when I went to the website, Cadex is not even mentioned on the brands we carry page. I am not ready to buy for a few weeks yet but wouldn't mind planning without needing to waste their time with a phone call or email if what I'm looking for isn't available. The sections that are on the website, are laid out very well and as was already said, very quick to browse the firearm inventory. I can understand not listing every little part they carry as that would be time consuming but the big ticket items, like a Cadex chassis, might move quicker if customers could see its existence. Of course maybe they like talking to the people calling and don't mind the distraction...

On that note: Could you PM me which chassis do you have in stock and their prices?

Im sure they lose some sales because of it, i just ordered ammo, but i can never see what they have in stock or order it from them online, so i use SFRC or Wolverine. I tend to only shop their if they have something nobody else has, as i do most of my shopping online.

Im sure they lose some sales because of it, i just ordered ammo, but i can never see what they have in stock or order it from them online, so i use SFRC or Wolverine. I tend to only shop their if they have something nobody else has, as i do most of my shopping online.

I do have to say that I got a PM with the info I requested within 12 hrs...pretty good for a post made at 11pm on a Friday night...and I wasn't made to feel like a time-wasting tirekicker so I'm pleased

Last edited:
Im not slamming P&D, i think they are one of if not the best for gear in Alberta, if not Canada. But,,, folks have no idea what kinda cool #### they have as its not advertised. They have tonnes of reloading stuff, hard to get ammo etc... thats never advertised. I think they would do quite well if they updated the website so people could order online, but its their bread and butter not mine. Just a comment from a fan is all this is.

P&d is a great store. I must say, I agree they would do better with an online current presence. Even if it was just an active stock listing that would be better than nothing (I do understand that is much easier said than done, and is far more difficult than some here make it seem). I wouldn't mind emailing/calling in an order, but sometimes I just don't know what I need until I see it.....I know..I know...

I only shop at 3 stores in ab (99 percent of the time) one is online, two are not. Guess who I check first. I love a retail front, and the service I get is great at all 3, but I still check online first most of the time.

Phil, I did not know you were hurt by a scumbag. I hope you are all better!, second to that I hope they were caught.

P &d is a great store, and if you are in the area you should check it out, I'm just saying were all not in the area and calling to ask what you have is unrealistic.

All the best, SIGNUT

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom