New batch of Type97NSR rifles have arrived!!!

North_Sylva

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Business Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hi CGNer's,

We just received the long awaited second batch of Type 97NSR rifles.

We are now currently filling dealer backorders, and stores should have these rifles back on their shelves in the next 7-10 days.

Anyone not familiar with the Type 97NSR, here is an image.

MAK_6961_zps4a50bf95.jpg

Thanks,

Any thoughts on a lefthand version?

In the PLA, every soldier is right-handed, even left handed ones! ;-)

Hehe, Left-handed in China. Not so much:
ht tp://news.discovery.com/human/life/why-are-there-few-left-handers-in-china-130517.htm

I had a Chinese co-worker that were 'converted' to right-handed. He asked me why I wasn't forced to use my right hand when i was young; he was surprised it wasn't common to do that here.

Barrel gouge issue on these?? Or still a non-existent issue?

Barrel gouge inspection was part of the final QC process. Non of these rifle's have one. That being said, I still haven't seen one from the last batch.

No changes to how the rifle is configured at this point. Stay tuned however, we will be annoucing in a few weeks a new configuration for the 97NSR.

Mine is in the 1500's and I haven't seen this gouge. I've tried. I can't see it if there is one.

For all those concerned, the thing shoots as good as your eyes will allow you through those iron sights... which is my only complaint while I await the YMA-95 scope to arrive at my door. My range buddy has the FTU on his, which is in the 1400's and it solves the sights / scope issue as well.

Mine has the barrel gouge. I will send it in for a trade Jon, that way you cant say you haven't seen one yet.

I will trade straight across for a new un-gouged one or up and pay the difference in value if there is any for the new updated model. :evil:

I must say I am quite disappointed that you haven't stepped up and formaly addressed this issue yet. You acknoledged it intially, but that was it. No follow up, not even a murmur untill now about it.

Hehe, Left-handed in China. Not so much:
ht tp://news.discovery.com/human/life/why-are-there-few-left-handers-in-china-130517.htm

I had a Chinese co-worker that were 'converted' to right-handed. He asked me why I wasn't forced to use my right hand when i was young; he was surprised it wasn't common to do that here.

Well my older brother was a south paw, until he went to school, his teacher beat his left hand with a ruler so he could only use his right hand. That was 60-70's. I went to school in the 70's and was able to keep my south paw. BTW my brother is efficient using left or right hand.

Keep hearing about his barrel gouge issue. So where does one look to verify the gougeness of our T97?

More importantly what are the practical impact? Let's face it, this thing is ugly so aesthetics isn't important.

And straight, even the straight-challenged ones :)
In the PLA, every soldier is right-handed, even left handed ones! ;-)

Barrel gouge inspection was part of the final QC process. Non of these rifle's have one. That being said, I still haven't seen one from the last batch.

No changes to how the rifle is configured at this point. Stay tuned however, we will be annoucing in a few weeks a new configuration for the 97NSR.
This is interesting, I wonder if there will be any of the magical unicorn improvements the other vendor promised. Im pumped to hear something instead of no updates until they are in the warehouse.

Keep hearing about his barrel gouge issue. So where does one look to verify the gougeness of our T97?

More importantly what are the practical impact? Let's face it, this thing is ugly so aesthetics isn't important.

And straight, even the straight-challenged ones :)

Take the rifle down and pull out the gas regulator. Look down the gas bleed hole and you will probably at least see a little scratch. You will need to have a bright light either in the barrel or above you... Even then it's tough to see down there. All the ones I have seen have a slight mark at least but never seen a full on gouge except for the pics on here.

Back
Top Bottom