Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tracking number still not on Canada post

Tracking number still not on Canada post

Just wondering if the tracking number for a shipment that was sent on tuesday by EMS should be on the Canada Post website by now. All I know is it was sent on Tuesday to Canada on the Israeli postal service website.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ciphery's Avatar
    Don't worry it will show up on tracking about the time its being delivered to your door. Canada post is famous for not making their tracking info available. But you are right, it should show up. Should....

CGN Regular
    Seems to me that it will be on Canada post tracking after it goes thru customs. Otherwise tracking is working fine for my packages as of half an hour ago.

I'm waiting for a package right now sent last tuesday tracking didn't update till friday and showed that my package moved 80 km... the delivery date was tuesday then friday still waiting hoping to get it by 8pm

Quote Originally Posted by AntiKhaos View Post
    Seems to me that it will be on Canada post tracking after it goes thru customs. Otherwise tracking is working fine for my packages as of half an hour ago.
    Spoke with canada post about that, they said as soon as its in the country its scanned in, tracking should say in customs. Im just bummed because I cant track it and i paid for the EMS to get here in 3-5 days.

Just an update, customs apparently had the package for 5 days and released it yesterday. Completely ridiculous to have it that long.

Watched a tracking number not move for 7 days, then after nine days I received a PM from member thanking me. Then two days after that it showed delivered on Canada Post site. Frustrating as hell not know if package is lost or even moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Kleavon View Post
    Just an update, customs apparently had the package for 5 days and released it yesterday. Completely ridiculous to have it that long.
    Those scallywags!

Glad you got your gear! But geez it would be nice if someone could light a fire under the butts of some CBSA agents sometimes.

If your package is presently between international and Canada post then this likely isn't your issue.
    But for interest here is an article where Canada Post admits they have been losing packages around the GTA for months...

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/44...ta-deliveries/

I am so glad my rifle got through....from now on it's canpar only.

Ian.

Apologies to anyone working for Canada Post, but what a joke that organization is. Once again increasing the cost of service as email, voice mail and couriers render them obsolete. When I lived in the UK you could post a letter in the morning and someone would get it the next day. I get other people's mail, mine gets stolen, no effort is made to assist you, and light mail get pitched against the door in the rain from twenty feet. Real time tracking? You must be joking. I get no mail for days, then a stack. My postie has decided to grace us with her presence. And if you parcel DOES come they'll sneak up and hang a tag on your door, even if you're home, so that you can pick it up a few days later at some outlet miles away, with insane hours. God forbid they'd carry the parcel up to the door. Then you'll arrive at the time indicated on the card and they won't have processed it yet, or can't find it.

OK - rant off. Sorry. Fresh wounds. They lost my wife's anniversary gift, but remember delivering it to "another house with the same number on a near by street". Close enough for government work.

"Bikes, Guns, Whiskey.. they all improve with age"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast