Thread: Bottom Metal Conversion Kit For AI Magazine

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar

Bottom Metal Conversion Kit For AI Magazine

I have a few questions about the Remington 700 Bottom Metal Conversion.

I am I correct in assuming that this is made by BC Tactical?
    Also, is it for .308 only?

Thanks
    Last edited by .30/06 FTW; 04-05-2014 at 11:20 PM.
    "Instead of 'sewer,' I propose 'Trudeau.' Both terms describe massive deposits of human filth, and no person who knows what these terms describe would ever want to live under either one." ~Doc M
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt545
    I just took an assault poop as well. I know it was an assault poop because I "sprayed from the hip".

Business Member MagWedge Industries's Avatar
    Yes these are essentially BC Tactical magazine conversions. They will fit any short action including the .308. The main issue will be magazines. Most guys convert to .308 because of mag availability but I understand that a .223 mag is available too. There is also the possibility that one of the existing magazines might also work for another short action caliber, but I am not expert enough to say with any authority.

Oh so it will work with a .223? My R700P is in .223 and I just wanted to confirm to make sure before I went out and spent $200. I know AI makes .223 magazines, so are all AI magazines made to the same dimensions that they can fit in this?
    "Instead of 'sewer,' I propose 'Trudeau.' Both terms describe massive deposits of human filth, and no person who knows what these terms describe would ever want to live under either one." ~Doc M
    I just took an assault poop as well. I know it was an assault poop because I "sprayed from the hip".

Do you have any pictures of the bottom metal in a 700? And does it have an extended mag release between the trigger gard and mag well?
    NFA/CSSA Member since the Swiss Arms and CZ 858 Reclassification!

Quote Originally Posted by .30/06 FTW View Post
    Oh so it will work with a .223? My R700P is in .223 and I just wanted to confirm to make sure before I went out and spent $200. I know AI makes .223 magazines, so are all AI magazines made to the same dimensions that they can fit in this?
    I believe it will work but I must admit no experience in this area. Let's both try to find out what we can ...

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzballer View Post
    Do you have any pictures of the bottom metal in a 700? And does it have an extended mag release between the trigger gard and mag well?
    No pics of it installed but the BCTactical site might have some.

I have two choices of mag release, one long and one short. I will have to dig around to find the long ones if that's what you want.

I think I only have two of these left and at this point I am not sure I will build more. My current machine costs make this not a feasible project. I know it seems a lot of money for what you get but they cost a fair amount to make. These are by no means a great profit maker and it has taken some time to get to the bottom of my inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by MagWedge Industries View Post
    I believe it will work but I must admit no experience in this area. Let's both try to find out what we can ...
    I emailed BC Tactical yesterday, no reply as of yet.